Pictorial History of Fort Wolters

What's Inside this Collection.

Pictorial History of Fort Wolters

This multi-volume collection of photographs documents the history of Fort Wolters from its inception as a National Guard Training Center in 1921 through its high point as the U.S. Army Primary Helicopter Training Center/School to its closing, as Fort Wolters, in 1974 The collection was compiled by Col. Willie H. Casper, Jr., from public sources and declassified government photographs and documents. Col. Casper was the deputy commander of Fort Wolters from 1965 to 1971.