You limited your search to:

 Language: English
 Collection: Palo Pinto County Album
[Man Standing on Top of "Hell's Gate"]

[Man Standing on Top of "Hell's Gate"]

Date: 1905~
Creator: Randall, H. A.
Description: Photograph of a man named Wilson standing at the top of a cliff called "Hell's Gate." Vegetation and a dirt path are visible below him.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
Jim on the Post

Jim on the Post

Date: February 16, 1905
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a man standing at the top of a cliff over a forested area. A horse is grazing at the base of the cliff.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[Men Posing in Front of a Coal Mine]

[Men Posing in Front of a Coal Mine]

Date: 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a group of men posing at the base of a coal mining structure. A small plume of white smoke rises behind the men. A wooden building with two tall chimneys is visible in the background to the left. The third standing man from the right is identified as Thomas Edwin Hunter.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
Souvenir...Mineral Wells Volunteer Fire Department

Souvenir...Mineral Wells Volunteer Fire Department

Date: 1906
Creator: Robinette, Alan M.
Description: Shown here is the cover of a souvenir booklet about the Mineral Wells, Texas, Volunteer Fire Department,published in 1906.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The St. Nicholas Hotel]

[The St. Nicholas Hotel]

Date: 1907?
Creator: Dan W. Evans
Description: A group of men stand in front of the St. Nicholas Hotel. A colophon at the lower right designates this picture as a photographic souvenir from Minerals Wells, taken by Dan W. Evans. The building had a varied history. It was first (in 1904) an unnamed two-and-one-half-story sanitarium, then re-named the St. Nicholas Hotel, and then later it became the Delaware Hotel. It was located at N. Oak and NE 3rd Street. The building was eventually consumed by fire on October of 1907. The back of photograph has a T and P Railway logotype and this information about the Jericho Fine Photo Company: "Mountain and Donkey Groups, View Souvenirs and Scenery of Min-Wells, Kodak Supplies and Finishing, Button and Stamp Photos a Specialty. Dan W. Evans Prop. Min Wells, Tex."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
West Side School -- Second Grade 1907

West Side School -- Second Grade 1907

Date: 1907
Creator: unknown
Description: The second grade class at West Side School in 1907 sit on the steps outside the old rock building built in 1886. The teacher is Miss Amie Hensley. Some of the names of the children are listed on the back.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Women at a Cedar Springs Camp Meeting]

[Women at a Cedar Springs Camp Meeting]

Date: August 1907
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a group of women and girls sitting together outdoors. They are arranged in three rows on a slope with vegetation. A note on the reverse side of the image's mat reads "Cedar Springs Camp Meeting August 1907."
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[R.L. Polk & Co.'s Mineral Wells City Directory, 1909]

[R.L. Polk & Co.'s Mineral Wells City Directory, 1909]

Date: 1909
Creator: R.L. Polk & Co.
Description: The city directory for Mineral Wells, 1909, embracing a complete alphabetical list of business firms and private citizens; a directory of city and county officials, churches, public and private schools, banks, asylums, hospitals, commercial bodies, secret societies, street and avenue guide, etc.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Students of Nellie Hittson's School]

[Students of Nellie Hittson's School]

Date: 1910~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a group of boys and girls of various ages posing against the side of a wooden building. They are arranged in three vague rows, with taller youths standing in the back, younger children standing in the middle, and a group of young boys sitting in the front. Each child has a number handwritten over their chest. These numbers correspond to a partial list of names on the reverse side of the photo's mat.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[Trolley Car Number 137 and Crew]

[Trolley Car Number 137 and Crew]

Date: 1910~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of two uniformed men standing at the entrance of a trolley car labeled "137." The man standing on the vehicle's lower step is wearing a coin belt, while the man standing in the doorway holds a trolley controller handle.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association