You limited your search to:

 County: Palo Pinto County, TX
 Collection: Palo Pinto County Album
[Cedar Springs United Methodist Church]

[Cedar Springs United Methodist Church]

Date: May 2010
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Cedar Springs United Methodist Church in Palo Pinto County, Texas. The white clapboard building has a triangular awning with an image of a cross. Below the awning is a set of double doors that are flanked by fieldstone columns. To the left of the door is a sign depicting a cross draped with a red cloth. A smaller door with an awning appears beside a window to the left.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
Palo Pinto School

Palo Pinto School

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a group of young girls and a schoolmistress standing in front of the Palo Pinto School. The school's walls are made of uneven stones. Two windows appear behind the girls, with two broken windowpanes on the left window. The reverse side of the photo's mat contains a list of names of those present.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[Rocks of Lovers' Retreat]

[Rocks of Lovers' Retreat]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of rocks hanging over still water at Lovers' Retreat in Mineral Wells, Texas. Two men can be seen standing on rocks to the right, while two indistinct figures appear in the water.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[Trolley Car Number 137 and Crew]

[Trolley Car Number 137 and Crew]

Date: 1910~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of two uniformed men standing at the entrance of a trolley car labeled "137." The man standing on the vehicle's lower step is wearing a coin belt, while the man standing in the doorway holds a trolley controller handle.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[Boyd Campbell and a Woman at Lovers' Retreat]

[Boyd Campbell and a Woman at Lovers' Retreat]

Date: 1924
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Boyd Campbell sitting on a rock beside a woman. They are positioned under a looming rock face at Lovers' Retreat.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[Man Standing on Top of "Hell's Gate"]

[Man Standing on Top of "Hell's Gate"]

Date: 1905~
Creator: Randall, H. A.
Description: Photograph of a man named Wilson standing at the top of a cliff called "Hell's Gate." Vegetation and a dirt path are visible below him.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[Blue Hole of Palo Pinto Creek]

[Blue Hole of Palo Pinto Creek]

Date: 1900~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a portion of Palo Pinto Creek referred to as Blue Hole. Vegetation and a tree line the edge of the creek.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[Kate Hamphill, Her Son, and Lambuth Miller]

[Kate Hamphill, Her Son, and Lambuth Miller]

Date: 1924
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Kate Hemphill, her son, and Lambuth Miller wearing bathing suits and sitting on a log in water. A rock wall in Lovers' Retreat is visible behind them.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[Joe Johnson's Log Cabin]

[Joe Johnson's Log Cabin]

Date: 1985
Creator: Price, Jean
Description: Photograph of a derelict log cabin that belonged to a man named Joe Johnson. The small building has a tin roof that has been pulled up at one corner. The building is raised from its foundation by bricks under its corners. A contemporary building can be seen in the background to the right.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[Number 2 Coal Shaft in Lyra, Texas]

[Number 2 Coal Shaft in Lyra, Texas]

Date: 1900~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of three buildings and a wooden coal shaft structure at the Number 2 Shaft in Lyra, Texas. Two of the one-story buildings sit on the ground besides a chimney and a cylindrical metal container. The other building is elevated on wooden supports with the coal shaft extending out of its roof. Piles of lumber trail from the buildings off toward the right. A small pile of pipes rests on the ground in the foreground to the left.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association