You limited your search to:

 Language: English
 Collection: Palo Pinto County Album
[Men in Front of Palo Pinto Courthouse]
Photograph of a group of men posing in front of the Palo Pinto Courthouse. The men are wearing hats and dark clothing. The courthouse's entrance, sandstone block walls, and an arched window with open shutters are visible behind the group. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427258/
[Palo Pinto County Courthouse]
Photograph of the Palo Pinto County Courthouse in Palo Pinto, Texas. The building is comprised of stone blocks and two levels of long windows. Chimneys can be seen on its left side and right forward corners. A belfry rises from the center of the building. Several men can be seen sitting on a wooden fence or a horse-drawn wagon in front of the courthouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427224/
[Band Standing by the Palo Pinto Courthouse]
Photograph of members of a brass band standing in front of the courthouse in Palo Pinto, Texas. The twelve men are holding a variety of instruments, though a man on the top right of the group holds a drum. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427226/
[Blue Hole of Palo Pinto Creek]
Photograph of a portion of Palo Pinto Creek referred to as Blue Hole. Vegetation and a tree line the edge of the creek. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427145/
[The Bowen Family Riding Among Cattle]
Photograph of the Bowen family riding horses in front of a wooden cabin. A small group of cattle stands in an earthen lot in front of the family. A young girl riding sidesaddle atop a horse on the left is Grace Bowen. Two women riding sidesaddle appear beside Adolphus Bowen. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427163/
[Bridge Being Built over the Brazos River]
Photograph of a group of men building a truss bridge over the Brazos River. Many of the bridge's vertical and crossed beams are already in place. A crane on the right rests on a rail track that extends onto the bridge. Men stand idle to the left with barrels, tools, and a pile of rope at their feet. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427149/
[Celebration in Mingus, Texas]
Photograph of a brass band standing with their instruments in front of citizens of Mingus, Texas. The band members are wearing white caps and uniforms. A group of men and women stand behind them to the left. Buildings are visible in the background, including an unfinished brick building in the center. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427206/
Group of Methodist Women at the C. E. Turner Home
Photograph of a group of women and seated on the lawn outside of Charles Turner's home. The women are mostly wearing white dresses and broad hats. The group is arranged around a picnic blanket that is partially covered with food. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427217/
Horse and Buggy Crossing Brazos River
Photograph of a horse-drawn buggy crossing a bridge over the Brazos River. The river's edge is covered with vegetation in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427170/
[Indian Creek School]
Photograph of a group of people posing in front of a music school in Indian Creek, Texas. They are arranged three vague rows behind a piano. Most are holding booklets. A woman and five young girls are sitting on the ground to the right. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427154/
[Indian Creek School]
Photograph of a group of people posing in front of a music school in Indian Creek, Texas. They are arranged in four vague rows behind a piano. Most are holding booklets. Most of the group members are men but for three women positioned beside and in front of the piano. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427169/
[Interior of C. E. Turner's Pharmacy]
Photograph of the interior of Charles Turner's pharmacy in Mineral Wells, Texas. Bottles and boxes line the walls of the store. A woman wearing a dress and a hat, a man wearing a vest, and a teenage boy are standing in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427153/
[Number 2 Coal Shaft in Lyra, Texas]
Photograph of three buildings and a wooden coal shaft structure at the Number 2 Shaft in Lyra, Texas. Two of the one-story buildings sit on the ground besides a chimney and a cylindrical metal container. The other building is elevated on wooden supports with the coal shaft extending out of its roof. Piles of lumber trail from the buildings off toward the right. A small pile of pipes rests on the ground in the foreground to the left. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427147/
[Photograph of the Hopkins Family]
Photograph of the Hopkins family posing together in front of a wooden building that is identified as Jesse Hayes' place. Two pairs of men and women stand behind a group of children and an elderly woman. Both men wear dark cowboy hats, though the man on the left wear suspenders while the man on the right wears a jacket. Both women are wearing white dresses. The elderly woman seated to the left is wearing a dark dress and holds a handkerchief in her right hand. Eight young children of various ages stand together in front of the adults. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427241/
[Underside of Bridge Being Built over the Brazos River]
Photograph of the supports of a bridge being built over the Brazos River. A cylindrical metal support appears at the center of several wooden supports. The shore and trees can be seen on the left. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427166/
[Main Street, Mingus, Texas]
Photograph of a crowd standing before storefronts on Main Street in Mingus, Texas. The crowd is comprised primarily of men wearing hats. Stores labeled "F. H. Hill" and "P. A. Fine Clothing & Shoes) appear behind the group. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427244/
[Fourth of July Celebrants on the Brazos River]
Photograph of a group of men, women, and children arranged in several raked rows and posing for a photo. The group is located in a forested area and is positioned behind two kettles and a bucket. A handwritten note on the back indicates that they are celebrating the fourth of July. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427192/
A Mineral Wells Public Schools Certificate of Promotion
A certificate of Promotion from Mineral Wells Public Schools, certifying that Floy Stone has completed the 8th grade in May 1903 is shown here. It is signed by B. C. Osborn. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16360/
[Three Men in a Saloon]
Photograph of three men inside of a saloon. Two men wearing hats lean against a bar covered with glasses filled with alcohol. A younger man sits in a chair in front of the others. A striped keg with "Grand Prize St. Louis 1904" written on its side stands to the left. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427267/
[Withers Family on Brazos River Bridge]
Photograph of the Withers family posing on a bridge that spans the Brazos River. They are identified from left to right as Ella Lee Withers, Jordan Withers, Sue Vaughan, and Doctor Horatio Withers. Ella Lee is wearing a dress and a floral hat while holding an umbrella. Jordan is an infant in a dress and Sue is a young girl wearing a broad brimmed hat; they are both seated on the back of the buggy. Horatio has a greying beard and is wearing a dark vest and bow tie. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427219/
[Man Standing on Top of "Hell's Gate"]
Photograph of a man named Wilson standing at the top of a cliff called "Hell's Gate." Vegetation and a dirt path are visible below him. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427263/
Jim on the Post
Photograph of a man standing at the top of a cliff over a forested area. A horse is grazing at the base of the cliff. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427193/
[Men Posing in Front of a Coal Mine]
Photograph of a group of men posing at the base of a coal mining structure. A small plume of white smoke rises behind the men. A wooden building with two tall chimneys is visible in the background to the left. The third standing man from the right is identified as Thomas Edwin Hunter. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427157/
Souvenir...Mineral Wells Volunteer Fire Department
Shown here is the cover of a souvenir booklet about the Mineral Wells, Texas, Volunteer Fire Department,published in 1906. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21927/
[The St. Nicholas Hotel]
A group of men stand in front of the St. Nicholas Hotel. A colophon at the lower right designates this picture as a photographic souvenir from Minerals Wells, taken by Dan W. Evans. The building had a varied history. It was first (in 1904) an unnamed two-and-one-half-story sanitarium, then re-named the St. Nicholas Hotel, and then later it became the Delaware Hotel. It was located at N. Oak and NE 3rd Street. The building was eventually consumed by fire on October of 1907. The back of photograph has a T and P Railway logotype and this information about the Jericho Fine Photo Company: "Mountain and Donkey Groups, View Souvenirs and Scenery of Min-Wells, Kodak Supplies and Finishing, Button and Stamp Photos a Specialty. Dan W. Evans Prop. Min Wells, Tex." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16357/
West Side School -- Second Grade 1907
The second grade class at West Side School in 1907 sit on the steps outside the old rock building built in 1886. The teacher is Miss Amie Hensley. Some of the names of the children are listed on the back. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16359/
[Women at a Cedar Springs Camp Meeting]
Photograph of a group of women and girls sitting together outdoors. They are arranged in three rows on a slope with vegetation. A note on the reverse side of the image's mat reads "Cedar Springs Camp Meeting August 1907." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427164/
[R.L. Polk & Co.'s Mineral Wells City Directory, 1909]
The city directory for Mineral Wells, 1909, embracing a complete alphabetical list of business firms and private citizens; a directory of city and county officials, churches, public and private schools, banks, asylums, hospitals, commercial bodies, secret societies, street and avenue guide, etc. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20207/
[Students of Nellie Hittson's School]
Photograph of a group of boys and girls of various ages posing against the side of a wooden building. They are arranged in three vague rows, with taller youths standing in the back, younger children standing in the middle, and a group of young boys sitting in the front. Each child has a number handwritten over their chest. These numbers correspond to a partial list of names on the reverse side of the photo's mat. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427181/
[Trolley Car Number 137 and Crew]
Photograph of two uniformed men standing at the entrance of a trolley car labeled "137." The man standing on the vehicle's lower step is wearing a coin belt, while the man standing in the doorway holds a trolley controller handle. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427269/
[Women in a Decorated Car]
Five females ("Aunt Matie, Edith Preston, Lena, and two of Edith's friends", a legend states on the back)) in a decorated car outside the Western Union Telegraph office. Signs on and by the building read "Crazy Well Flats and Modern Rooms", "Cigars", and "Western Union Telegraph and Cable Office." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16358/
[People Standing Outside of Palo Pinto School]
Photograph of a group of people standing before the two-story Palo Pinto School and an attached building. The clapboard building has several unevenly spaced windows. Two chimneys can be seen on the roof. An early model of automobile is parked on the right side. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427160/
Dark Valley Brazos River Bridge
Photograph of Number 3 Coal Shaft structure in Lyra, Texas. A building beside the shaft has chimney that is billowing dark smoke over the hill in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427158/
[Postmaster William Cleveland in the Palo Pinto Post Office]
Photograph of William L. Cleveland, the postmaster of Palo Pinto, Texas, standing inside of the Palo Pinto Post Office. The mustached man wears dark clothes and looks toward the camera while holding a letter. Papers jut out of shelves on both sides of Cleveland. A rolltop desk in the right foreground is covered with papers. "Palo Pinto Post Office 1918 W. L. Cleveland, Postmaster" is handwritten on a slip of paper attached to the bottom of the photo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427249/
Famous Well by Lake Pinto
Photograph of a brick building with three columns holding up an overhang. To the left of this building is a tin building with "Famous Well" written on a plank beside its door. Trees cover a rocky hill behind the buildings. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427186/
[Gordon Baptist Church]
Photograph of Gordon Baptist Church, a clapboard church building with a belfry. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427173/
[R.L. Polk & Co.'s Mineral Wells City Directory, 1920]
The city directory for Mineral Wells, 1920, embraces a complete alphabetical list of business firms and private citizens; a directory of city and county officials, churches, public and private schools, banks, asylums, hospitals, commercial bodies, secret societies, street and avenue guide, etc. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20206/
New Building Replacing the Old Palo Pinto School
Photograph of a single-story brick section of the Palo Pinto school that is currently under construction. Beams rest against several empty windows, and wooden frames can be seen within. Piles of wood litter the foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427255/
[Tent City in Grant Town, Texas]
Photograph of a group of people standing in a row between rows of tents. Barrels, piles of clothing, and clotheslines can be seen among the camp grounds. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427240/
A Brief History or a Statement of Facts of Mineral Wells, Texas
A booklet about the history of Mineral Wells, Texas, from 1881 to 1921. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21923/
[The Mineral Wells High School Concert Band]
This picture, showing the concert band of the Mineral Wells High School Marching Band (standing on the steps of the school) was taken around 1922. James Walker Calvert is on the top row at the far right. Mr. Brunswick, the bandleader, is on the front row at the far left. Ellis White is the trombone player on the left. See also "Mineral Wells High School Marching Band." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16361/
[Grassy Ridge School 7th Grade Class]
Photograph of three rows of children positioned against a brick wall with two windows. They are arranged in three rows, with a row of girls standing in the back and middle and boys sitting in front. The class' teacher, Morris Jennings, is wearing a black suit and stands behind the children in the center. A label with related information is taped to the top of the photo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427151/
D.W. Griffith Presents "The Birth of a Nation"
This photograph illustrates a souvenir program from the silent motion picture, "The Birth of a Nation, the Most Stupendous and Fascinating Motion Picture Drama Created in the United States. Founded on Thomas Dixon's story 'The Clansman' " The motion picture presents an early 20th-century Southern view of Reconstruction. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21924/
[Chicken Dinner Candy Delivery Truck]
Photograph of a Chicken Dinner Candy Bar delivery car parked in front of a two-story grocery store. The car is a 1920's model that has been built to partially resemble a chicken. The store has an awning that covers two gas pumps. A sign on top of the store says "Live and Let Live Grocery." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427254/
Crazy Hotel Fire
Photograph of Mineral Wells as seen from an observation tower on East Mountain. The panoramic view of the town reveals a plume of smoke covering much of the town's center. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427191/
1926 State Championship Mingus Girls Basketball Team
Photograph of seven high school-aged young women standing together in front of a painted backdrop of a forest. The girls on the left hold a pennant that reads "Girls '26 Basket Ball." A young lady in the center holds a basketball labeled "M.H.S. - 26." They are wearing uniforms consisting of dresses with tucked skirts, athletic shoes, and knee socks. An article is partially visible under the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427165/
[Men Bricking a Road]
Photograph of a group of men gathered and watching workers apply bricks onto a street of wet mortar. Low brick walls flank the road. Automobiles can be seen parked on either side of the road, and buildings are visible in the distance. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427246/
Santo First National Bank - 1926
Photograph of two suited men standing by the teller windows of the Santo First National Bank in Santo, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427140/
"Baker Hotel" Menu
This photograph illustrates an October 1929 menu from the Stephen F. Austin Hotel, a "Baker Hotel" (located in Austin, Texas), similar to the one that opened in Mineral Wells in 1929 is shown here. The Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells was apparently one of a chain of hotels. This menu serves as a reminder of that fact. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16346/
[Building at the Base of a Wooded Hill]
Photograph of a stone building that is surrounded by trees. Dirt roads pass beside the house and lead up a hill in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427253/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT LAST