You limited your search to:

 Collection: Palo Pinto County Album
[Postmaster William Cleveland in the Palo Pinto Post Office]

[Postmaster William Cleveland in the Palo Pinto Post Office]

Date: 1918~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of William L. Cleveland, the postmaster of Palo Pinto, Texas, standing inside of the Palo Pinto Post Office. The mustached man wears dark clothes and looks toward the camera while holding a letter. Papers jut out of shelves on both sides of Cleveland. A rolltop desk in the right foreground is covered with papers. "Palo Pinto Post Office 1918 W. L. Cleveland, Postmaster" is handwritten on a slip of paper attached to the bottom of the photo.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
Famous Well by Lake Pinto

Famous Well by Lake Pinto

Date: January 10, 1919
Creator: A. F. Weaver Photography
Description: Photograph of a brick building with three columns holding up an overhang. To the left of this building is a tin building with "Famous Well" written on a plank beside its door. Trees cover a rocky hill behind the buildings.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[Gordon Baptist Church]

[Gordon Baptist Church]

Date: 1920~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Gordon Baptist Church, a clapboard church building with a belfry.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[R.L. Polk & Co.'s Mineral Wells City Directory, 1920]

[R.L. Polk & Co.'s Mineral Wells City Directory, 1920]

Date: 1920
Creator: R.L. Polk & Co.
Description: The city directory for Mineral Wells, 1920, embraces a complete alphabetical list of business firms and private citizens; a directory of city and county officials, churches, public and private schools, banks, asylums, hospitals, commercial bodies, secret societies, street and avenue guide, etc.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
New Building Replacing the Old Palo Pinto School

New Building Replacing the Old Palo Pinto School

Date: 1921
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a single-story brick section of the Palo Pinto school that is currently under construction. Beams rest against several empty windows, and wooden frames can be seen within. Piles of wood litter the foreground.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[Tent City in Grant Town, Texas]

[Tent City in Grant Town, Texas]

Date: 1921
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a group of people standing in a row between rows of tents. Barrels, piles of clothing, and clotheslines can be seen among the camp grounds.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
A Brief History or a Statement of Facts of Mineral Wells, Texas

A Brief History or a Statement of Facts of Mineral Wells, Texas

Date: September 24, 1921
Creator: Berry, H. M.
Description: A booklet about the history of Mineral Wells, Texas, from 1881 to 1921.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Mineral Wells High School Concert Band]

[The Mineral Wells High School Concert Band]

Date: 1922?
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture, showing the concert band of the Mineral Wells High School Marching Band (standing on the steps of the school) was taken around 1922. James Walker Calvert is on the top row at the far right. Mr. Brunswick, the bandleader, is on the front row at the far left. Ellis White is the trombone player on the left. See also "Mineral Wells High School Marching Band."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Oil Well Gusher at Hart Ranch]

[Oil Well Gusher at Hart Ranch]

Date: 1922~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a group of men standing at the base of an oil well that is spewing oil on the grounds of the Hart Ranch.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[Boyd Campbell and a Woman at Lovers' Retreat]

[Boyd Campbell and a Woman at Lovers' Retreat]

Date: 1924
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Boyd Campbell sitting on a rock beside a woman. They are positioned under a looming rock face at Lovers' Retreat.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association