You limited your search to:

 Collection: Palo Pinto County Album
[1935 An Income Tax Return for Boyce Ditto]
An individual U.S. income tax return for Boyce Ditto for 1935. (Boyce Ditto's Last Will and Testament contained a bequest of money to build the current Mineral Wells Library, which bears his name.) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16333/
The Cullen Grimes School
Principal Donald Bond, the teachers and the students of the afternoon group at Cullen Grimes School in Mineral Wells, Texas congregate in front of the building in March of 1954. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16326/
[The Crazy Water Company - Stock Certificate]
A certificate for 250 shares of Capital Stock in the Crazy Water Company, that once belonged to Boyce Ditto is shown here. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16337/
[Dry Cleaning Bag from Baker Hotel]
A dry-cleaning bag from the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas is shown here. The bag has an image of the hotel, taken from the front, as well as "The Baker Hotel - Mineral Wells, Texas, World Famous Health Resort". Further information on this artifact has not been forthcoming. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16325/
The Fiftieth Reunion of the Graduating Class of 1934
This picture reproduces a newspaper clipping that reports the fiftieth reunion of the 1934 class from Mineral Wells High School. It was published in the Mineral Wells Index on June 28, 1984. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16344/
The First Anniversary of the Aviation Engineer Force Activation
Troops and spectators celebrate the first anniversary of Aviation Engineer Force Activation at Wolters Air Force Base on April 10, 1952, with Colonel A.B. Campfield, the Commander of Troops; Brigadier General H.W. Ehrgott, Commanding; Colonel Philip G. Kemp, the Base Commander. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16324/
The Sam Houston School--- An Afternoon Group of 1954
Students, teachers and the principal, D.R. Hudson, of the Sam Houston School's Afternoon Group are shown here in March of 1954. The picture was taken outside the school building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16322/
[The Zonta Club of Mineral Wells--a Program, 1994]
A program from the January 1994 Zonta International meeting in Mineral Wells honoring the distinguished women graduates of Mineral Wells High School. The mark "/MWSCH (3)" invites interpretation. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16356/
[The St. Nicholas Hotel]
A group of men stand in front of newly-constructed St. Nicholas Hotel. A colophon at the lower right designates this picture as a photographic souvenir from Minerals Wells, taken by Dan W. Evans. This hotel, later known as the Delaware Hotel, was located at at N. Oak and NE 3rd Street. It was eventually consumed by fire. The back of photograph has a T and P Railway logotype and this information about the Jericho Fine Photo Company: "Mountain and Donkey Groups, View Souvenirs and Scenery of Min-Wells, Kodak Supplies and Finishing, Button and Stamp Photos a Specialty. Dan W. Evans Prop. Min Wells, Tex." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16357/
A Program for the "Victory Queen" and "Victory on the Home Front"
A program for The Victory Queen and Victory on the Home Front, presented by Mineral Wells High School at the Convention Hall on March 8, 1943. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16354/
A Program for the Coronation of the Queen at MWHS, 1934
The program for the Eighth Annual Mineral Wells High School Coronation of the Queen, held on January 18, 1934. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16345/
[A Program for "Lazy Town", an Opera in Two Acts]
A program for "Lazy Town - An Opera in Two Acts", presented by Sam Houston School on May 14, 1943. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16353/
[A Program for "Sunny of Sunnyside"- - an Operetta]
A program for "Sunny of Sunnyside - An Operetta", presented at the Travis School Auditorium on April 29-30, 1943. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16352/
[A Program for Mineral Wells High School Commencement 1934]
A program from the Mineral Wells Commencement of 1934, which was held in the still-standing Convention Hall. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16351/
"Baker Hotel" Menu
This photograph illustrates an October 1929 menu from the Stephen F. Austin Hotel, a "Baker Hotel" (located in Austin, Texas), similar to the one that opened in Mineral Wells in 1929 is shown here. Further information is not known at this date [2013]. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16346/
[A Mineral Wells High School Commencement Program of 1968]
A Commencement program from Mineral Wells High School, that took place on May 24, 1968. Note its small size, as shown by the ruler next to it. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16355/
[The Mineral Wells High School Concert Band]
This picture, showing the concert band of the Mineral Wells High School Marching Band (standing on the steps of the school) was taken around 1922. James Walker Calvert is on the top row at the far right. Mr. Brunswick, the bandleader, is on the front row at the far left. Ellis White is the trombone player on the left. See also "Mineral Wells High School Marching Band." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16361/
[The Mineral Wells High School Marching Band]
The Mineral Wells High School marching band is shown here performing on a football field in the late 1930's. The band director at that time was Mr. Dave Brunswick. See also "Mineral Wells High School Concert Band." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16347/
A Mineral Wells Public Schools Certificate of Promotion
A certificate of Promotion from Mineral Wells Public Schools, certifying that Floy Stone has completed the 8th grade in May 1903 is shown here. It is signed by B. C. Osborn. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16360/
Hittson House on the 101 Ranch
Photograph of the Hittson House on the grounds of the 101 Ranch near Palo Pinto, Texas. The wooden house has a chimney rising from its center, a tree growing to its left, and a barbed wire fence in the foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427201/
[Town with Railroad Tracks]
Photograph of the unpaved streets and wooden buildings of a town. A church lies at the end of the road to the right. A pair of railroad tracks run across the left to right side of the photo. Hills can be seen in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427207/
[Photograph of the Hexagon Hotel]
Photograph of the Hexagon Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas. The hotel is situated beside a road next to a smaller buildings. It has four stories, multiple porches, and multiple gables with windows. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427200/
[Drawn Map of Palo Pinto Square]
Map of Palo Pinto Square from 1872 to 1882. This map depicts buildings and streets in the area as a series of labeled rectangles. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427208/
[People Riding in Circles While Holding Flags]
Photograph of a group of people riding in circles on top of horses. Several of them are holding flags. They are standing outdoors on a fenced-in earthen area. Pennants are hanging from lines attached to power lines. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427204/
Gordon Celebration of Palo Pinto County Centennial
Photograph of a horse-drawn covered wagon that has a banner that reads "Palo Pinto County Centennial" on its side. Children and a woman wearing a prairie dress are riding on the wagon. Two boys wearing cowboy hats are sitting on a horse to the wagon's side. Houses are visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427209/
[Celebration in Mingus, Texas]
Photograph of a brass band standing with their instruments in front of citizens of Mingus, Texas. The band members are wearing white caps and uniforms. A group of men and women stand behind them to the left. Buildings are visible in the background, including an unfinished brick building in the center. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427206/
[Hexagon Hotel Booklet]
Booklet containing two photographs of the Hexagon Hotel, as well as a series of architectural drawings of its floor plan. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427203/
[Inside of Joe Johnson's Log Cabin]
Photograph of the interior of a derelict log cabin that belonged to a man named Joe Johnson. Light streams in from many holes between the beams. A pile of beams lie across the threshold of a door on the left. Jugs, bricks and other debris lie in front of a stone hearth at the center of the photo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427235/
[Texas and Pacific Railway Depot]
Photograph of a Texas and Pacific Railway Depot building alongside railroad tracks. The wooden building has a chimney rising out of its shingled roof. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427232/
Mineral Wells Street Scene
Photograph of a street intersection in Mineral Wells, Texas. A single traffic light hangs over the intersection, and vehicles can be seen behind and in front. Cars and power lines are located on the street alongside businesses in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427231/
[Palo Pinto Boys' Basketball Team]
Photograph of boys of the Palo Pinto basketball team standing with their school principal, A. H. Brackeen. The boys are wearing shorts and athletic shirts. Brackeen wears a dark suit and tie. The group is standing in a line in front of a clapboard building with three windows. The fourth person holds a basketball inscribed with "BHS." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427237/
[Chief Montgomery and His Wife]
Photograph of Chief Montgomery and his wife, both members of the Creek people. His wife has her haired tied back and wears a dress with a jacket, while Chief Montgomery wears a shirt, trousers, and a dark jacket while holding a cane by his right side. Buildings are visible behind the couple. A label with related information is taped to the top of the photo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427230/
[Men Posing on a Coal Shaft Structure]
Photograph of a coal mine shaft structure with several men posing around it. A wooden structure stands next to a L-shaped building with metal siding and multiple stories. Piles of wood are visible at the bottom left portion of the photo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427238/
Lover's Retreat
Photograph of a rocky outcropping jutting out over a river. The area, called Lover's Retreat, is covered with vegetation. A man can be seen walking along the edge of the overhanging rocks. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427234/
[People Standing Alongside Storefronts]
Photograph of people standing under the awnings of a series of storefronts. Telegraph poles line the unpaved road beside the businesses. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427239/
[Couples by Lover's Retreat]
Photograph of a group of seven pairs of men and women together beside a rocky outcropping called "Lover's Retreat." The men are wearing dark suits and ties, while the women are wearing dresses and ornate hair and hats. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427236/
[Diploma for Sidney Miller]
Diploma certifying that Sidney Miller is a certified ferry pilot via Aviation Enterprises. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427233/
New Building Replacing the Old Palo Pinto School
Photograph of a single-story brick section of the Palo Pinto school that is currently under construction. Beams rest against several empty windows, and wooden frames can be seen within. Piles of wood litter the foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427255/
Santo High School - 1935
Photograph of Santo High School, a single-story brick building with an arched entryway and false front. A row of windows span between the central entrance and two flanking doorways. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427252/
[Joe Johnson's Log Cabin]
Photograph of a derelict log cabin that belonged to a man named Joe Johnson. A chimney built with stone blocks stands against the building to the left. Tin roofing is pulled back from the left corner of the roof exposing beams underneath. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427251/
[Four Men on Wynn Mountain]
Photograph of four men sitting on a railing along the side of a dirt road on Wynn Mountain near Mineral Wells, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427257/
[Brad, Texas, Basketball Team]
Photograph of seven young women sitting together and wearing basketball uniforms with a "B" embroidered on front. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427250/
[Men in Front of Palo Pinto Courthouse]
Photograph of a group of men posing in front of the Palo Pinto Courthouse. The men are wearing hats and dark clothing. The courthouse's entrance, sandstone block walls, and an arched window with open shutters are visible behind the group. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427258/
[Chicken Dinner Candy Delivery Truck]
Photograph of a Chicken Dinner Candy Bar delivery car parked in front of a two-story grocery store. The car is a 1920's model that has been built to partially resemble a chicken. The store has an awning that covers two gas pumps. A sign on top of the store says "Live and Let Live Grocery." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427254/
Palo Pinto County Centennial
Photograph of a group of people standing outside of Palo Pinto Casino and E. E. Crain's feed store. They are wearing pioneer-style clothing. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427259/
On Rocks at Lovers' Retreat
Photograph of rocks hanging over still water at Lovers' Retreat in Mineral Wells, Texas. Two men can be seen on rocks to the right. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427256/
[Building at the Base of a Wooded Hill]
Photograph of a stone building that is surrounded by trees. Dirt roads pass beside the house and lead up a hill in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427253/
[Flyer for the Crazy Radio Gang]
Flyer for the Crazy Radio Gang, featuring the faces of cast members in eleven oval frames. The men are identified from the top left as Hal Collins, Frank Dinkins, Francis Quinn, Frank McMordie, Johnny Jordan, Conrad Brady, Guy Woodward, Maurice Pendery, Dale Woodward, Jack Amlung, and two blackface characters called Sugar Cane and February. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427265/
Mr. Slaughter
Photograph of balding and mustached man wearing a jacket, white collared shirt, and bow tie. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427262/
[Cedar Springs United Methodist Church]
Photograph of Cedar Springs United Methodist Church in Palo Pinto County, Texas. The white clapboard building has a triangular awning with an image of a cross. Below the awning is a set of double doors that are flanked by fieldstone columns. To the left of the door is a sign depicting a cross draped with a red cloth. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427261/