You limited your search to:

 Collection: Palo Pinto County Album
Mineral Wells,  "The Carlsbad of America"

Mineral Wells, "The Carlsbad of America"

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Shown here is a booklet about the history of, the various services available at, and the attractions in and around Mineral Wells, ("The Carlsbad of America")Texas. Published in 1905, it contains many photographic illustrations and a local map. Please note the colophon at the bottom of the pamphlet: "An empire--a nation within a nation."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Mr. Slaughter

Mr. Slaughter

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of balding and mustached man wearing a jacket, white collared shirt, and bow tie.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
New Building Replacing the Old Palo Pinto School

New Building Replacing the Old Palo Pinto School

Date: 1921
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a single-story brick section of the Palo Pinto school that is currently under construction. Beams rest against several empty windows, and wooden frames can be seen within. Piles of wood litter the foreground.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[Number 2 Coal Shaft in Lyra, Texas]

[Number 2 Coal Shaft in Lyra, Texas]

Date: 1900~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of three buildings and a wooden coal shaft structure at the Number 2 Shaft in Lyra, Texas. Two of the one-story buildings sit on the ground besides a chimney and a cylindrical metal container. The other building is elevated on wooden supports with the coal shaft extending out of its roof. Piles of lumber trail from the buildings off toward the right. A small pile of pipes rests on the ground in the foreground to the left.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[Oil Well Gusher at Hart Ranch]

[Oil Well Gusher at Hart Ranch]

Date: 1922~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a group of men standing at the base of an oil well that is spewing oil on the grounds of the Hart Ranch.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
On Rocks at Lovers' Retreat

On Rocks at Lovers' Retreat

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of rocks hanging over still water at Lovers' Retreat in Mineral Wells, Texas. Two men can be seen on rocks to the right.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
Palo Pinto Baseball Team

Palo Pinto Baseball Team

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a group of eleven men on the Palo Pinto, Texas, baseball team. Several of the men are wearing shirts with "Palo Pinto" written across the chest. Two young men standing to the left are wearing shirts with the word "Lone" next to a star on their chests. Six of the men stand behind five men who are sitting with baseball equipment. A young man wearing a black hat is seen sitting on a horse behind the group.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[Palo Pinto Boys' Basketball Team]

[Palo Pinto Boys' Basketball Team]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of boys of the Palo Pinto basketball team standing with their school principal, A. H. Brackeen. The boys are wearing shorts and athletic shirts. Brackeen wears a dark suit and tie. The group is standing in a line in front of a clapboard building with three windows. The fourth person holds a basketball inscribed with "BHS."
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
Palo Pinto County Centennial

Palo Pinto County Centennial

Date: May 1957
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a group of people standing outside of Palo Pinto Casino and E. E. Crain's feed store. They are wearing pioneer-style clothing.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association
[Palo Pinto County Courthouse]

[Palo Pinto County Courthouse]

Date: 1890~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Palo Pinto County Courthouse in Palo Pinto, Texas. The building is comprised of stone blocks and two levels of long windows. Chimneys can be seen on its left side and right forward corners. A belfry rises from the center of the building. Several men can be seen sitting on a wooden fence or a horse-drawn wagon in front of the courthouse.
Contributing Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association