You limited your search to:

 County: Palo Pinto County, TX
 Collection: Palo Pinto County Album
[The Mineral Wells High School Concert Band]
This picture, showing the concert band of the Mineral Wells High School Marching Band (standing on the steps of the school) was taken around 1922. James Walker Calvert is on the top row at the far right. Mr. Brunswick, the bandleader, is on the front row at the far left. Ellis White is the trombone player on the left. See also "Mineral Wells High School Marching Band." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16361/
[The Mineral Wells High School Marching Band]
The Mineral Wells High School marching band is shown here performing on a football field in the late 1930's. The band director at that time was Mr. Dave Brunswick. See also "Mineral Wells High School Concert Band." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16347/
A Mineral Wells Public Schools Certificate of Promotion
A certificate of Promotion from Mineral Wells Public Schools, certifying that Floy Stone has completed the 8th grade in May 1903 is shown here. It is signed by B. C. Osborn. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16360/
Mineral Wells, Texas
A pamphlet about the various services and attractions in and around Mineral Wells, Texas, with many photographic illustrations, extols the allurements of Mineral in an effusive nineteenth-century prose, that was probably archaic for the time of the pamphlet. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21925/
Mineral Wells, "The Carlsbad of America"
Shown here is a booklet about the history of, the various services available at, and the attractions in and around Mineral Wells, ("The Carlsbad of America")Texas. Published in 1905, it contains many photographic illustrations and a local map. Please note the colophon at the bottom of the pamphlet: "An empire--a nation within a nation." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16332/
Palocade - Palo Pinto County - Official Centennial Program - back page
Shown here is a picture of the reverse (back) page of a souvenir program from the Palo Pinto Centennial Celebration of 1957. It consists of advertising, extolling the virtues of the First National Bank in Mineral Wells. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16329/
Palocade - Palo Pinto County - Official Centennial Program - front side
The obverse (front) page of a souvenir program from the Palo Pinto Centennial production, "Palocade," which tells the history of Palo Pinto County, which includes the names of the Centennial Queen and her court, is illustrated here. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16328/
Panorama of Camp Wolters, TX
This picture is a panoramic photograph of Camp Wolters in Mineral Wells, Texas, the largest infantry replacement center in 1941. Labels on photograph identify (left to right) Target Range, Regimental Area No. 4, Dental Clinic,Guest House, Service Club, Theater, Regimental Area No. 3, Infantry Replacement Center/Headquarters Area, Regimental Area No. 6, Warehouse Area, Corps Area Service Command and Hospital Area, Regimental Area No. 2, Regimental Area No. 1, and Machine Gun Range. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16323/
[A Program for "Lazy Town", an Opera in Two Acts]
A program for "Lazy Town - An Opera in Two Acts", presented by Sam Houston School on May 14, 1943. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16353/
[A Program for Mineral Wells High School Commencement 1934]
A program from the Mineral Wells Commencement of 1934, which was held in the still-standing Convention Hall. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16351/
[A Program for "Sunny of Sunnyside"- - an Operetta]
A program for "Sunny of Sunnyside - An Operetta", presented at the Travis School Auditorium on April 29-30, 1943. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16352/
A Program for the Coronation of the Queen at MWHS, 1934
The program for the Eighth Annual Mineral Wells High School Coronation of the Queen, held on January 18, 1934. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16345/
A Program for the "Victory Queen" and "Victory on the Home Front"
A program for The Victory Queen and Victory on the Home Front, presented by Mineral Wells High School at the Convention Hall on March 8, 1943. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16354/
[R.L. Polk & Co.'s Mineral Wells City Directory, 1909]
The city directory for Mineral Wells, 1909, embracing a complete alphabetical list of business firms and private citizens; a directory of city and county officials, churches, public and private schools, banks, asylums, hospitals, commercial bodies, secret societies, street and avenue guide, etc. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20207/
[R.L. Polk & Co.'s Mineral Wells City Directory, 1920]
The city directory for Mineral Wells, 1920, embraces a complete alphabetical list of business firms and private citizens; a directory of city and county officials, churches, public and private schools, banks, asylums, hospitals, commercial bodies, secret societies, street and avenue guide, etc. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20206/
Sam Houston School
Students, teachers and principal D.R. Hudson, of the Sam Houston School in March 1954 stand outside the school building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16321/
The Sam Houston School--- An Afternoon Group of 1954
Students, teachers and the principal, D.R. Hudson, of the Sam Houston School's Afternoon Group are shown here in March of 1954. The picture was taken outside the school building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16322/
[Social Security Award for Boyce Ditto]
An insurance award from the Social Security Administration for Boyce Ditto in 1948. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16334/
Souvenir...Mineral Wells Volunteer Fire Department
Shown here is the cover of a souvenir booklet about the Mineral Wells, Texas, Volunteer Fire Department,published in 1906. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21927/
Souvenir Views of Mineral Wells, Texas
A pamphlet, shaped like a water bottle, with illustrations of the Mineral Wells area. Some pictures include unidentified visitors to the area that are enjoying the outdoor natural beauty. Please note the statement "Patent and Trademark applied for by the Yeager Drug Company" on the lower left-hand portion of the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16341/
[The St. Nicholas Hotel]
A group of men stand in front of newly-constructed St. Nicholas Hotel. A colophon at the lower right designates this picture as a photographic souvenir from Minerals Wells, taken by Dan W. Evans. This hotel, later known as the Delaware Hotel, was located at at N. Oak and NE 3rd Street. It was eventually consumed by fire. The back of photograph has a T and P Railway logotype and this information about the Jericho Fine Photo Company: "Mountain and Donkey Groups, View Souvenirs and Scenery of Min-Wells, Kodak Supplies and Finishing, Button and Stamp Photos a Specialty. Dan W. Evans Prop. Min Wells, Tex." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16357/
The Tattler - May 18, 1934
Shown here is an edition of The Tattler, a journalistic publication of Mineral Wells High School, published on May 18, 1934. It contains articles about the graduating class of 1934, including information about class officers, class prophecies, caps and gowns, class events, and local advertisements. Reporters included: Ruth Riley, Woodrow Seaman, Mary Ann Collins, Wilse Richards, Sally Humber. Maurine Davis, Flora Imboden, Martha Jane Mahurin, Margie Beetham, and Miles Woodall. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16320/
Ten Years Younger
This picture displays the title page of a booklet about Mineral Wells, Texas health resorts--and how they could make people feel ten years younger. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21921/
[Walters International Factories, Inc. - Stock Certificate - Common Stock]
This photograph illustrates a certificate for 12 shares of Common Stock in Walters International Factories, Incorporated, formerly belonging to Boyce Ditto. Further information is lamentably lacking. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16335/
[Walters International Factories, Inc.- - Stock Certificate- - Preferred Stock]
This photograph shows a certificate for 12 shares of Preferred Capital Stock in Walters International Factories, Incorporated, formerly belonging to Boyce Ditto. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16336/
West Side School -- Second Grade 1907
The second grade class at West Side School in 1907 sit on the steps outside the old rock building built in 1886. The teacher is Miss Amie Hensley. Some of the names of the children are listed on the back. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16359/
[The West Ward School]
Exterior of the West Ward School in Mineral Wells, TX. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16348/
[Women in a Decorated Car]
Five females ("Aunt Matie, Edith Preston, Lena, and two of Edith's friends", a legend states on the back)) in a decorated car outside the Western Union Telegraph office. Signs on and by the building read "Crazy Well Flats and Modern Rooms", "Cigars", and "Western Union Telegraph and Cable Office." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16358/
[The Zonta Club of Mineral Wells--a Program, 1994]
A program from the January 1994 Zonta International meeting in Mineral Wells honoring the distinguished women graduates of Mineral Wells High School. The mark "/MWSCH (3)" invites interpretation. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16356/
FIRST PREV 1 NEXT LAST