You limited your search to:

 County: Anderson County, TX
 Language: English
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2006
[Dr. Carolyn Salter]

[Dr. Carolyn Salter]

Date: 2005
Creator: unknown
Description: Carolyn Salter was elected in 2005 as the first female Mayor of Palestine. Photograph of a woman in a suit in front of a governmental seal and an American Flag.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[George Foss]

[George Foss]

Date: 2001
Creator: unknown
Description: George Foss served as Mayor of Palestine from 2001 until 2005.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[100 Block W. Kolstad]

[100 Block W. Kolstad]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: Photo of the 100 block of W. Kolstad. Houses from the left to right are 119, 117, and 115 W. Kolstad.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[100 S. Sycamore - Pearlstone Grocery Company]

[100 S. Sycamore - Pearlstone Grocery Company]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: This building is one of the relatively few historic warehouses to survive in Palestine. The building is indicative of how little stylistic ornamentation was applied to buildings that were used for utilitarian purposes. The building does have paired, double-hung windows set within segmented arches and vertical brick piers that define the bays. The Davidson-Pearlstone Grocery Company was in operation at this site for several years following its formation in 1899. In 1904 local businessman Hyman Pearlstone bought the controlling interest and renamed the company. According to local historians, J.T. Sweetman bought an interest in the firm in 1905. The Pearlstone Grocery Company opened in this building in January 1913.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[201 W. Crawford - Denby Bldg]

[201 W. Crawford - Denby Bldg]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: Photograph of the front and side of the "Denby Building," located at 201 W. Crawford in downtown Palestine, Texas. It is a three-story brick building, classified as a "Two-Part Commercial Block," that has grouped pivoting windows on the upper floors, and side-facing brickwork in the parapet.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[213 W. Main - Robinson State Bank Building]

[213 W. Main - Robinson State Bank Building]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: Photograph of the front of the "Robinson State Bank Building" located at 213 W. Main in Palestine, Texas. The building is made of red brick with Romanesque Revival detailing and is classified as a One-Part Commercial Block. It has a rectangular plan with load-bearing masonry construction, a 3-bay façade that displays elaborate brickwork, a large round archway marking the primary entrance, and a stepped, 3-part parapet with corbelling. A neon sign near the entrance says "Rushing Jewelers, Home of Lucky Forever Diamond Rings."
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[220 W. Reagan - Grant House]

[220 W. Reagan - Grant House]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: Photograph of the northwest corner of the "Grant House," a two-story, Queen Anne-style house located at 220 W. Reagan (on the corner of W. Reagan and S. May streets) in Palestine, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[310 E. Crawford - Gatewood Shelton Gin Building]

[310 E. Crawford - Gatewood Shelton Gin Building]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: Photograph of one corner of the "Gatewood-Shelton Gin" building, located at 310 E. Crawford in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story metal-clad structure without stylistic ornamentation, that faces north onto E. Crawford Street, just beyond the northern limits of Palestine’s historic downtown
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[400 N. Queen - Redlands Hotel]

[400 N. Queen - Redlands Hotel]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: Photograph of the south and west sides of the Redlands Hotel, on the corner of Oak and Queen streets, at 400 N. Queen in Palestine, Texas. It is a Two-Part Vertical Block building that has a U-shaped plan and load-bearing masonry walls, with Renaissance Revival-style architectural elements. Noteworthy features include the quoin-like brick in the end bays of the west and south elevations, and the entablature with large brackets.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[401 W. Main - G. E. Dilley Building]

[401 W. Main - G. E. Dilley Building]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: Photograph of the front and side of the "Dilley Building," a two-story, brick building located at 401 W. Main in Palestine, Texas. It has a rectangular plan and load-bearing masonry walls with Victorian Italianate-style details, including an elaborately detailed parapet on the façade and the segmental-arched hoodmolds on the second floors of the south and east elevations. It is classified as a Two-Part Commercial Block building, and is part of Palestine’s central business district.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST