You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1980-1989
 Language: English
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2006
[100 E. Brazos - Lamar School]

[100 E. Brazos - Lamar School]

Date: December 1989
Creator: Hardy, Daniel
Description: Photograph of the southwest corner of Lamar School, located at 100 E. Brazos in Palestine, Texas. It is a one-story brick building with a tile roof.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[601 S. May - Dilley Foundry Furnace Building]

[601 S. May - Dilley Foundry Furnace Building]

Date: December 1989
Creator: Hardy, Daniel
Description: Photograph of the south and east sides of the Dilley Foundry Furnace Building located on the 600 block of S. May in Palestine, Texas. It is a one-story brick building that housed furnaces for the Dilley foundry; it is surrounded by trees and is overgrown with vegetation.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[619 S. Sycamore - A.R. Howard House]

[619 S. Sycamore - A.R. Howard House]

Date: December 1989
Creator: Hardy, Daniel
Description: The dominant architectural form in the neighborhood in which this 2-story house stands is Queen Anne style; however, this building is a somewhat rare example of Victorian Italianate style. A handful of similarly detailed houses are also in this neighborhood. All are among the oldest buildings in this part of town. This house is noteworthy because of its load-bearing masonry (brick) construction and its segmental-arched openings, bracketed eaves, and low-pitched roof. Local brick manufacturer/contractor Daniel N. Darling built this house in the mid-1880s; it is said to be one of two remaining Victorian-era brick homes in the city. Pennsylvania-born A.R. Howard (b. 1852) and his wife Katie Black Howard purchased this property in 1880 and enlarged the house in 1899. Mr. Howard was employed by the I&GN Railroad for over fifty years, working in a succession of jobs that culminated in his being named Secretary-Treasurer and First Vice-President in 1890. He was active in local Masonic activities, serving as grand commander of the Knights Templar of Texas during 1900-01. His wife, an Arkansas native, oversaw the formation of the local D.A.R. chapter in this house in March 1906. The 1899 changes included the addition of a 2-story verandah on the ...
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Jackson Hanks]

[Jackson Hanks]

Date: 1989
Creator: unknown
Description: Jackson Hanks served as Mayor of Palestine from 1989 until 1995.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Danny Allison]

[Danny Allison]

Date: 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: Danny Allison served as Mayor of Palestine from 1988 until 1989.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Clark Hotel Museum]

[Clark Hotel Museum]

Date: 1987~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a building. Photograph of the Historic Clark Hotel as the Culberson County Historical Museum. Photograph of the Clark Hotel Museum.
Contributing Partner: Clark Hotel Museum
[Jack Conboy]

[Jack Conboy]

Date: 1981
Creator: unknown
Description: Jack Conboy served as Mayor of Palestine from 1981 until 1983.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
Class of 1960 20 Year Reunion

Class of 1960 20 Year Reunion

Date: 1980
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of alumni. Photograph of the Class of 1960 Twentieth Reunion in 1980, Van Horn, TX. Front row- Kathyrn Beasley (Foley), Barbara Vick (Munn), Linda Stapleton (Mitchell), Minnie ? (Henderson), Mary Carolyn Hurd (Carpenter), Back row- Robert Beasley, Johnny Taylor, Russell Long, Charles Guest, Charlie Bob Lomax
Contributing Partner: Clark Hotel Museum
James Lovelady and Nora Bell Munn in front of Clark Hotel Museum

James Lovelady and Nora Bell Munn in front of Clark Hotel Museum

Date: 1980
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of man and woman standing in front of museum. Photograph of James Lovelady and Nora Bell Munn of Van Horn,TX standing in front of the Clark Hotel Museum, 1980
Contributing Partner: Clark Hotel Museum
Henrietta Street Scene

Henrietta Street Scene

Date: c. 1983
Creator: unknown
Description: The corner of Bridge and Gilbert Street outside the Local Food Market in Henrietta, TX about 1983.
Contributing Partner: Clay County Historical Society