You limited your search to:

 Language: English
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2006
[913 E. Calhoun - Mt. Vernon African American Methodist Episcopal (A.M.E.) Church]

[913 E. Calhoun - Mt. Vernon African American Methodist Episcopal (A.M.E.) Church]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: Photograph of the front and west side of Mount Vernon African Methodist Episcopal (A.M.E.) Church, located at 913 E. Calhoun Street, in Palestine, Texas. The brick building is a Gothic Revival-style building that has large towers on two of the corners with steep pyramidal roofs.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[1011 N. Perry - Howard House]

[1011 N. Perry - Howard House]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Emrich, Ron
Description: The Howard House was the former home of Colonel George Howard and his wife, Cornelia Cox Howard. Built in 1851 the house is located on land deeded August 17, 1850 to Colonel Howard from Judge Reuben Reeves and his wife, Sarah. Colonel Howard and Mrs. Howard came to Palestine from Tennessee in 1849. Given the title of Colonel when he organized a company of men during the Civil War, he later served in the Texas Legislature, held several county offices and was Mayor of Palestine from 1886-1887. Colonel Howard was an active merchant in Palestine and in 1855 his store was located on the east side of the courthouse square. The Howard House of Greek revival influence is one of the best preserved examples of the ante bellum homes in the city. A walk of handmade brick leads to the house with its pillared portico and a center hall runs through the house with rooms on either side. There are a number of furnishings and other interesting items which are original to the house including a beautifully carved piano. The home remained in the possession of descendants of the Howard family until it was purchased by the City of Palestine ...
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[100 Block W. Oak]

[100 Block W. Oak]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of a two-story, red-brick building located on the 100 Block W. Oak in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of Oak and Sycamore streets. There is a striped awning across the front of the building and signs for "Charles E. Dickens Jewelry" and "Watts Stationery & Office Supply Co."
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[100 Block W. Oak]

[100 Block W. Oak]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of a one-story commercial building with metal siding on the front, located in the 100 Block W. Oak in Palestine, Texas. Text in the window says "Antiques."
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[100 E. Brazos - Lamar School]

[100 E. Brazos - Lamar School]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of 100 E. Brazos taken from the road. Photo was taken for the Historic Resources Survey of Palestine, Texas 1989-1991. Lamar School was originally constructed by the Palestine School District in 1922 as an elementary school to educate the children of south side neighborhoods. With the advent of the new Southside Elementary, the school was closed. It now houses the Anderson County Champions for Children and the WIC offices.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[101 E. Oak]

[101 E. Oak]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of the front and side of the "Federal Building," located at 101 E. Oak in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story brick building with Renaissance Revival-style details.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[101 W. Crawford]

[101 W. Crawford]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of the front and east side of a commercial brick building located at 101 W. Crawford in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of Crawford and Sycamore streets. There are clothes in the windows and text next to the door: "Factory Outlet, Amkar Enterprises Inc., Designer Clothing."
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[101 W. Main]

[101 W. Main]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of the front and east side of a two-story building located at 101 W. Main in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of Main and Sycamore streets. The first floor is red brick in the front; the rest of the building has been painted a cream color. It has corbelled brickwork above the second floor windows and in the parapet. There is a sign on the corner of the building and writing above the front entrance says "Family Value Drug Center."
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[102 E. Ezell]

[102 E. Ezell]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of a white, one-story house located at 102 E. Ezell in Palestine, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[105 E. Main]

[105 E. Main]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of the front and east side of a one-story brick building located at 105 E. Main in Palestine, Texas. There is an awning across the front of the building and text on the window says "Swift & Swift Attorneys at Law." Part of an adjoining two-story brick building is visible on the left and another building is visible in the background, behind a parking lot to the right of the building.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library