You limited your search to:

 Language: No Language
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2006
Ernestine Thompson receiving community service award from D.A.R.

Ernestine Thompson receiving community service award from D.A.R.

Date: May 21, 2006
Creator: unknown
Description: The Daughters of the American Revolution (D.A.R.)representative, Nancy Tanner, honors Ernestine Thompson with the Community Service Award at the W.H. Passon Historical Society on May 21, 2006. Ernestine collected artifacts for the Jacob Fontaine Religious Museum.
Contributing Partner: Jacob Fontaine Religious Museum
Jacob Fontaine Religious Museum

Jacob Fontaine Religious Museum

Date: October 23, 2005
Creator: unknown
Description: The Jacob Fontaine Religious Museum at the new location, 1195 Comal St. In the 1880s this was a one-room school house.
Contributing Partner: Jacob Fontaine Religious Museum
1875 Jail

1875 Jail

Date: 2000
Creator: unknown
Description: The old 1875 Clay County jail which was relocated and is now on the rodeo grounds.
Contributing Partner: Clay County Historical Society
1890 Jail Museum

1890 Jail Museum

Date: 2000
Creator: Major, Phil
Description: 1890 Clay County Jail Museum with period furnishings, artifacts, and gallows.
Contributing Partner: Clay County Historical Society
[107 E. Kolstad - Gaught House]

[107 E. Kolstad - Gaught House]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: Photograph of the front and west side of the "Gaught House," a two-story, red-brick house located at 107 E. Kolstad in Palestine, Texas. There is a double staircase leading to the raised front porch, which has ionic columns.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[111 Angelina - Pentecom LLC]

[111 Angelina - Pentecom LLC]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Moore, David
Description: Located at the northwest corner of Angelina and Royall streets, it was at one time the Medical Center Pharmacy. As of August 2006, the building houses the offices of Pentecom LLC.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[200 Block S. Magnolia]

[200 Block S. Magnolia]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: This photo was taken from the west side of S. Magnolia Street, just south of the railroad tracks, with the camera facing north. The houses are (from right to left) 216 S. Magnolia, 212 S. Magnolia, 208 S. Magnolia (Verda's Flower Shop) and 204 S. Magnolia.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[209-211 W. Kolstad - Grace Methodist Church]

[209-211 W. Kolstad - Grace Methodist Church]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: Photograph of the front and west side of a two-story brick building located at 301 W. Kolstad in Palestine, Texas. It has Classical Revival features; the most notable architectural element is the elliptical archway in the brickwork fa├žade. There are two sets of stairs leading to the front entrance and the sign over the doors says "Grace United Methodist Church."
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[301 S. Magnolia - Bowers Mansion]

[301 S. Magnolia - Bowers Mansion]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: Photograph of the northeast corner of the "Bowers Mansion" located at 301 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story white house with blue trim that has Victorian Italiante-style architectural elements (including a small cupola with bracketed eaves and narrow, paired windows), and a two-tiered porch with Queen Anne-style turned- and jigsawn- wood trim. This photo was taken from the corner of south Magnolia and west Bowers streets.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[315 E. Kolstad - Greenwood House]

[315 E. Kolstad - Greenwood House]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: Photograph of the front of the "Greenwood House," a two-story, Queen Anne-style house located at 315 E. Kolstad in Palestine, Texas. The house is partially obscured by trees in the front yard.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST