You limited your search to:

 Resource Type: Photograph
 County: Anderson County, TX
 Year: 1900
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2006
[Centenary Methodist Church - Palestine Texas]

[Centenary Methodist Church - Palestine Texas]

Date: 1900~
Creator: unknown
Description: This is a picture of the first Centenary Methodist Church. It was built around 1884 and was in use until sometime around 1910, when a new building was constructed at 422 S. Magnolia.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Elkhart, Texas]

[Elkhart, Texas]

Date: 1900~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of Main Street, Elkhart Texas. This whole town burned at one point and when it was rebuilt, all the main buildings were made of brick.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Main Street, Elkhart, Texas]

[Main Street, Elkhart, Texas]

Date: c. 1900
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of Main Street, Elkhart Texas. This whole town burned at one point and when it was rebuilt, all the main buildings were made of brick.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Nathanial W. Blackshear at reins of a wagon]

[Nathanial W. Blackshear at reins of a wagon]

Date: c. 1900
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of Nathanial W. Blackshear driving a buggy with an unidentified man sitting next to him and another unidentified man standing beside the horse. On the back of the photograph is the following: "In this 'gig' he eloped with "Mamie" Rollins, my mother. on Midnight May 18, 1892 - married at 3 a.m. May 19, 1892 by Presbyterian Minister Dr. Crozier, Palestine Tex. with Zula Quark(?) as bridesmaid and in Zula's clothing, because her mother had taken away her clothing and locked her in her room. So Mamie got out of her window in her night gown wrapped in the counterpayne"
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Palestine Young Mens Business Association Bldg]

[Palestine Young Mens Business Association Bldg]

Date: c. 1900
Creator: unknown
Description: This building was the home of the Young Mens Business Association, which later became the Palestine Chamber of Commerce. It was located on Spring Street (once known as Front Street) in the "new town" section of Palestine, which was along the railroad tracks. This picture was probably taken in the early 1900's.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library