You limited your search to:

 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2006
Camp Wallace Marker Dedication Ceremony -  static displays

Camp Wallace Marker Dedication Ceremony - static displays

Date: 1997
Creator: unknown
Description: Camp Wallace Marker Dedication Service. Static display of a Lockheed aircraft. A gentleman wearing a fedora stands by the tail.
Contributing Partner: Genevieve Miller Hitchcock Public Library
Camp Wallace Marker Dedication Ceremony -  Static displays

Camp Wallace Marker Dedication Ceremony - Static displays

Date: 1997
Creator: unknown
Description: Camp Wallace Marker Dedication Service. Static displays of aircraft
Contributing Partner: Genevieve Miller Hitchcock Public Library
Linda Finch with her Lockheed L-10A Electra at the Camp Wallace Marker Dedication Ceremony

Linda Finch with her Lockheed L-10A Electra at the Camp Wallace Marker Dedication Ceremony

Date: 1997
Creator: unknown
Description: Camp Wallace Marker Dedication Service. Static displays of aircraft. A woman in a flight suit talks with a gentleman in front of a plane. This is Linda Finch of San Antonio, who in 1997 faithfully recreated the ill-fated last flight of Amelia Earhart. Finch's effort became known as "World Flight 1997," and is the only retracing of Earhart's last flight that incorporated an aircraft almost identical to Earhart's Lockheed L-10 Electra aircraft.
Contributing Partner: Genevieve Miller Hitchcock Public Library
Lockheed L-10A Electra at the Camp Wallace Marker Dedication Ceremony

Lockheed L-10A Electra at the Camp Wallace Marker Dedication Ceremony

Date: 1997
Creator: unknown
Description: Camp Wallace Marker Dedication Service. Hangar displays with people standing around an airplane. This is Linda Finch's airplane in which she faithfully recreated the ill-fated last flight of Amelia Earhart. Finch's effort became known as "World Flight 1997," and is the only retracing of Earhart's last flight that incorporated an aircraft almost identical to Earhart's Lockheed L-10 Electra aircraft. Finch can be seen in the left side of the frame, speaking with some onlookers.
Contributing Partner: Genevieve Miller Hitchcock Public Library
[Robert McKelvey]

[Robert McKelvey]

Date: 1997
Creator: unknown
Description: Robert McKelvey served as Mayor of Palestine from 1997 until 2001.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Joe Meyer]

[Joe Meyer]

Date: 1995
Creator: unknown
Description: Joe Meyer served as Mayor of Palestine from 1995 until 1997.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[100 Block W. Kolstad]

[100 Block W. Kolstad]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: Photo of the 100 block of W. Kolstad. Houses from the left to right are 119, 117, and 115 W. Kolstad.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[100 S. Sycamore - Pearlstone Grocery Company]

[100 S. Sycamore - Pearlstone Grocery Company]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: This building is one of the relatively few historic warehouses to survive in Palestine. The building is indicative of how little stylistic ornamentation was applied to buildings that were used for utilitarian purposes. The building does have paired, double-hung windows set within segmented arches and vertical brick piers that define the bays. The Davidson-Pearlstone Grocery Company was in operation at this site for several years following its formation in 1899. In 1904 local businessman Hyman Pearlstone bought the controlling interest and renamed the company. According to local historians, J.T. Sweetman bought an interest in the firm in 1905. The Pearlstone Grocery Company opened in this building in January 1913.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[107 E. Kolstad - Gaught House]

[107 E. Kolstad - Gaught House]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: This house is an anomaly among historic residences in Palestine and defies classification. Local contractor John H. Gaught built this house in the early 1910’s, to plans by prominent architect James F. Brook. Gaught was responsible for the construction of some of Palestine’s most notable buildings, including the Redlands Hotel and the Centenary Methodist Church. According to deed records, Gaught sold the house to John R. Hearne, Jr., in January 1914. Hearne was a salesman at the Palestine Hardware Company who lived here with his wife, Clara Welborn, until 1945, when W.T. Lively acquired the building. Lively continued to occupy the house through 1971, and was responsible for the building’s rear addition. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[111 Angelina - Pentecom LLC]

[111 Angelina - Pentecom LLC]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Moore, David
Description: Located at the northwest corner of Angelina and Royall streets, it was at one time the Medical Center Pharmacy. As of August 2006, the building houses the offices of Pentecom LLC.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library