You limited your search to:

 County: Anderson County, TX
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2006
[310 E. Crawford]

[310 E. Crawford]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of one corner of the "Gatewood-Shelton Gin" building, located at 310 E. Crawford in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story metal-clad structure without stylistic ornamentation, that faces north onto E. Crawford Street, just beyond the northern limits of Palestine’s historic downtown.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[707 N. Esplanade]

[707 N. Esplanade]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of the front and south side of the "John F. and Maggie Roscoe House," a white, one-story, L-plan-style frame house located at 707 N. Esplanade in Palestine, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[205 E. Dallas]

[205 E. Dallas]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of the front and west side of a two-story white house located at 205 E. Dallas in Palestine, Texas. There is an enclosed porch on both floors.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[316 W. Green]

[316 W. Green]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of the front and east side of a white, one-story modified L-plan house located at 316 W. Green Palestine, Texas. The building has the cube-like massing and hipped roof, with a small gabled extension on the front.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[105 W. Green]

[105 W. Green]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of the front of a single-story, L-plan house located at 105 W. Green in Palestine, Texas. The house is blue with white accents and has a front- and side-facing gabled roof. Noteworthy features include the porch with its slender classically-inspired columns and the oculus window in the front gable end.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[804 E. Crawford]

[804 E. Crawford]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of the front and west side of the "Arthur Lee and Willie Selman House" located at 804 E. Crawford in Palestine, Texas. It is a light-colored, one-story, Craftsman bungalow-style house with a hipped roof.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[211 W. Dallas]

[211 W. Dallas]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of the "J.H. Pusch House," a one-story frame house located at 211 W. Dallas in Palestine, Texas. The front porch and car port have square columns with brick piers.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[901 N. Howard]

[901 N. Howard]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of the front and south side of a light-colored, one-story house located at 901 N. Howard in Palestine, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Centenary Methodist Church - Palestine Texas]

[Centenary Methodist Church - Palestine Texas]

Date: 1900~
Creator: unknown
Description: This is a picture of the first Centenary Methodist Church. It was built around 1884 and was in use until sometime around 1910, when a new building was constructed at 422 S. Magnolia.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Nathanial W. Blackshear at reins of a wagon]

[Nathanial W. Blackshear at reins of a wagon]

Date: c. 1900
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of Nathanial W. Blackshear driving a buggy with an unidentified man sitting next to him and another unidentified man standing beside the horse. On the back of the photograph is the following: "In this 'gig' he eloped with "Mamie" Rollins, my mother. on Midnight May 18, 1892 - married at 3 a.m. May 19, 1892 by Presbyterian Minister Dr. Crozier, Palestine Tex. with Zula Quark(?) as bridesmaid and in Zula's clothing, because her mother had taken away her clothing and locked her in her room. So Mamie got out of her window in her night gown wrapped in the counterpayne"
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST