Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of 100 E. Brazos taken from the road. Photo was taken for the Historic Resources Survey of Palestine, Texas 1989-1991. Lamar School was originally constructed by the Palestine School District in 1922 as an elementary school to educate the children of south side neighborhoods. With the advent of the new Southside Elementary, the school was closed. It now houses the Anderson County Champions for Children and the WIC offices.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library