Description: This house is a noteworthy example of the Queen Anne style. The corner tower, with its conical roof, is perhaps the single most distinctive architectural element. The earliest known occupant of this house was James E. Copeland and his wife Trudie Ezell, who lived here from as early as 1902 through at least 1936. At that time, Mr. Copeland was the proprietor of the Copeland Jewelry Store, located downtown at 301 W. Oak. Mr. Copeland was also the official time keeper for the railroad. By 1937 the house was owned and occupied by L.J. Bilberry, a son-in-law of the Copelands, and by the early 1940s the house was vacant.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library