You limited your search to:

  Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
 Resource Type: Photograph
 Decade: 1910-1919
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
[Alamo School Students - 1914]

[Alamo School Students - 1914]

Date: 1914
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of a group of students from the Alamo School - Palestine.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Anderson County Courthouse]

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Date: 1913
Creator: unknown
Description: The Anderson County Courthouse is the largest historic institutional building in Palestine and arguably the most prominent architectural landmark. Sited atop a hill that overlooks the central business district to the southwest, the courthouse retains its historic integrity and character. The original architects, C.H. Page and Brother incorporated Classical Revival elements in the design, which bears a resemblance to the firm’s courthouse design for Williamson County, Texas. Legislators designated Palestine the county seat of Anderson County in 1846, the year of the county’s creation. This is the county’s fourth courthouse, and the third to be erected on this site. It was designed in 1913-1914 by the noted Austin architectural firm of Charles Page and Brother. B.P. Garvey of Gainesville, Texas, served as the contractor. The building’s formal dedication ceremony was held December 20, 1914. Billy Bean documented the courthouse in his 1980 survey. The building was extensively remodeled in 1986. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1992 - Building #92001256
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Dr. Tucker and Dr. Linder in a 1911 Model T Ford]

[Dr. Tucker and Dr. Linder in a 1911 Model T Ford]

Date: c. 1911
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of Dr. Tucker and Dr. Linder of Tennessee Colony in a 1911 Model T Ford. This particular car was made in a 56" tread width and a 60" tread. This one was the 60" tread which fit the ruts made by the Studebaker wagons used by the farmers. Dr. Tucker took the train to Dallas, bought the car, then drove it home after getting shown how to operate it. They lived 26 miles from the courthouse and it took 2 hours on an average to "drive in". It is said to be the first car to operate on the country roads of Anderson and Henderson County rural areas.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Fish Eye View of Palestine]

[Fish Eye View of Palestine]

Date: c. 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Fish eye view of Palestine taken around 1910.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Fourth Liberty Loan Train]

[Fourth Liberty Loan Train]

Date: June 18, 1918
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of the 4th Liberty Loan Train coming through Palestine on June 18, 1918.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Palestine Fall Fair and Festival]

[Palestine Fall Fair and Festival]

Date: 1912
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of the Palestine Fall Fair and Festival, which was held Sept 2-7, 1912.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Unidentified Family 2]

[Unidentified Family 2]

Date: September 7, 1912
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of an unidentified family. Back of photo reads: To Mrs. Register - September 9, 1912 - Taylor Tex. - Edna 18 - Emily 16 - Margaret 4. We have no idea who the parents were nor what their surname was.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Unidentified Students]

[Unidentified Students]

Date: c. 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of a group of unidentified schoolchildren posed by a Palestine school.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission