You limited your search to:

 Resource Type: Photograph
 Decade: 1990-1999
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
[100 W Oak]

[100 W Oak]

Date: c. 1990
Creator: Oliver McReynolds
Description: This building is located at the corner of Oak Street and Sycamore in downtown "New Town" Palestine. It once housed the Kolstad Jewelry Store, which operated in Palestine for over 100 years.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[212 S. Magnolia]

[212 S. Magnolia]

Date: c. 1991
Creator: Oliver McReynolds
Description: The 200 block of S. Sycamore is a densely developed residential area containing a significant concentration of 2-story frame houses erected in the 19th century. This house is noteworthy because it survives as a good and relatively intact historic dwelling in this neighborhood. The house has a 2-story porch with ornate jigsawn trim. This house was originally known as 107 Magnolia. The house was built for District Judge William H. Gill in 1893, who lived here until December 1903, when the property was purchased by Mrs. Lula K. Kestler. City directories, however, note that, by 1926, the house was owned and occupied by D.W. and Lula K. Gillespie (perhaps the same woman), and that by 1933 her husband had died and Mrs. Gillespie lived here alone. Directories further reveal that John L. Johnson, an oil field worker, and his wife Lillie lived here during the early 1940s. Katherine L. Mead, acquired the property in 1959, but the property has since changed hands once again.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[216 S. Magnolia]

[216 S. Magnolia]

Date: c. 1991
Creator: Oliver McReynolds
Description: This is a two story house located at 216 S. Magnolia, Palestine, Texas. It was built in the late 1800's. It is located almost directly across the street from the Bailey-Foster Funeral Home.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[220 W. Reagan - Grant House]

[220 W. Reagan - Grant House]

Date: 1991~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Photograph of the front and west side of the "Grant House," a yellow, two-story, Queen Anne-style house located at 220 W. Reagan (on the corner of W. Reagan and S. May streets) in Palestine, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[301 S. Magnolia - Bowers Mansion]

[301 S. Magnolia - Bowers Mansion]

Date: February 1992
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Photograph of the front of the "Bowers Mansion" located at 301 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story white house with blue trim that has Victorian Italiante-style architectural elements (including a small cupola with bracketed eaves and narrow, paired windows), and a two-tiered porch with Queen Anne-style turned- and jigsawn- wood trim. Part of the yard is also visible, including a gazebo near the back of the house and a fountain in the front of the yard.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[301 S. Magnolia - Bowers Mansion]

[301 S. Magnolia - Bowers Mansion]

Date: February 1992
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Photograph of the front of the "Bowers Mansion" located at 301 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story white house with blue trim that has Victorian Italiante-style architectural elements (including a small cupola with bracketed eaves and narrow, paired windows), and a two-tiered porch with Queen Anne-style turned- and jigsawn- wood trim.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[301 S. Magnolia - Bowers Mansion]

[301 S. Magnolia - Bowers Mansion]

Date: February 1992
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Photograph of the front of the "Bowers Mansion" located at 301 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story white house with blue trim that has Victorian Italiante-style architectural elements (including a small cupola with bracketed eaves and narrow, paired windows), and a two-tiered porch with Queen Anne-style turned- and jigsawn- wood trim. Part of the yard is also visible, including a gazebo near the back of the house and a fountain in the front of the yard.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[303 E. Kolstad]

[303 E. Kolstad]

Date: c. 1991
Creator: Oliver McReynolds
Description: The neighborhood north of Palestine’s central business district contains mostly houses erected during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. This 2-story frame residence is a good and well-preserved example of such a dwelling, though it is more substantial in scale than most houses in the neighborhood. The exterior presents a balanced and orderly appearance that reflects the Classical Revival style. The house retains much of its historic character and integrity. Though this house probably dates to c.1900, city directory research was only able to trace its occupancy to 1926, when it was owned and occupied by Philip F. Crutchfield and his wife Minnie E. Before his death in the late 1930s, Mr. Crutchfield worked as a conductor for the I&GN Railroad, and later for Missouri Pacific. Mrs. Crutchfield continued to live in the house into the 1940s.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[404 S. Royall]

[404 S. Royall]

Date: 1991~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Photograph of the front of a two-story, white house located at 404 S. Royall in Palestine, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[405 E. Neches]

[405 E. Neches]

Date: 1991~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Photograph of the front of a white, two-story, Colonial Revival-style house located at 405 E. Neches in Palestine, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST