You limited your search to:

 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
Imperial Hotel
Ida Snearly seated beside some plants with the Imperial Hotel in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16427/
Pauline and Frank Scholt
Photograph of Pauline and Frank Scholt in a horse-drawn carriage crossing a bridge. Three unidentified people are also pictured. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21944/
601 Kipp
Photograph of a house at 601 Kipp in Kemah, Texas. The wooden house is constructed with stilts in preparation for high tidal waters. Some flowers are planted to the right of a walkway leading to the porch entrance. A shed is partially visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21943/
Kemah motel, Sylvia D
Photograph of high waters covering part of Kemah, Texas. The water covers a street in the foreground, and covers the lots in front of some buildings and the Sylvia D Motel and Restaurant in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21942/
Miss Sellar's Class
Photograph of Miss Sellar and her class. Miss Sellar stands to the right of the unidentified children whom are sitting and standing on a bench outside of the schoolhouse in Kemah, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21941/
Ms. Rice and class
Photograph of Ms. Rice and her class in 1946 in Kemah, Texas. Ms. Rice and 21 unidentified children pose on the steps of a wooden building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21940/
School fence
Photograph of nine unidentified children sitting on a wooden fence in front of a white wooden school building in Kemah, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21939/
Louise Giddens and school kids
Photograph of Rose Kipp, Ella Rentz, Emma Gordon, Dorothy White, and several unidentified children. This is a picture of the school children at the school that John Henry Kipp, Sr. started. The teacher, Louise Giddens, is the tallest woman in the picture. The girl next to the teacher is Ella Kipp the oldest of John Henry Kipp, Jr's children and the boy on the other side of the teacher is Henry Kipp. The girl next to Henry is Elva or Elvie Kipp. The girl in front of Elvie and Henry is Leota Kipp. The girl in the back next to Elvie is Rose Kipp and the boy next to her is John Lee (called Lee) Kipp. All of the children named were the children of John Henry Kipp, Jr. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21938/
Kemah city officials
Photograph of six unidentified men and three unidentified women who are Kemah city officials. The man on the far left of the group has a badge clipped to his shirt and a revolver on his hip. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21937/
Single Draw Bridge
Photograph of a few cars on a single draw bridge in Kemah, Texas. A body of water is visible beneath the bridge. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21936/
Rocket Lounge, Ben Blackledge, Mayor for 27 years
Photograph of Ben Blackledge, the mayor of Kemah, Texas for 27 years, and the interior of Rocket Lounge. Three men sit on stools at the bar counter, and a man stands behind the bar. Cigars and beer are vended behind the bar, and several tables, chairs, and booths are placed throughout the lounge. A table shuffleboard is also visible. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21935/
Rocket Lounge
Photograph of four unidentified people and the interior of Rocket Lounge of Kemah, Texas. A smiling man stands behind the bar counter, and a man faces the rear of the lounge with a cigar in his hand. In the background, a man with a hat plays a bowling arcade game. Another unidentified person sits at a table with two pitchers and an ash tray. Several stools are places in front of the bar counter, and tables and chairs are placed throughout the rest of the room. Restrooms and jukeboxes are also visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21934/
Sportsman's Restaurant
Photograph of Sportsman's Restaurant in Kemah, Texas. Water has risen to the door of the one-story brick building. A sign advertising "Fine Foods" is affixed above the entrance. An American flag is visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21933/
Joe Lee's Restaurant
Photograph of Joe Lee's Seafood Restaurant in Kemah, Texas. The restaurant is on stilts, and the sign above the restaurant shows signs of damage. Several buildings in the background also show signs of damage. The ground beneath the restaurant is covered by shallow brown water and debris. A boat is also partially visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21932/
Sylvia D Lounge
Photograph of the Sylvia D Lounge. A covered walkway leads to the entrance of the two-story wooden building. A few lawn chairs, and two tables are located around a swimming pool in front of the lounge. Some cars are parked in the parking lot next to the lounge, and other businesses are partially visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21931/
6th St and Hwy 146, FM 2094
Photograph of 6th Street, Highway 146, FM 2094, and the surrounding area of Kemah, Texas from an aerial viewpoint. Many automobiles, businesses, and residences are visible. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21930/
Texas Ave
Photograph of a portion of the business area in Kemah, Texas along Clear Creek during a typical high tide. Water from Clear Creek has filled several parking lots and has crossed the street in areas. Several cars are parked at various businesses. A motel, seafood restaurant, tire shop, grocery store, and auto parts store are pictured. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21929/
Texas Ave at high tide
Photograph of a portion of the business area in Kemah, Texas along Clear Creek during a typical high tide. Several cars are parked in the lot of a lounge and pharmacy on Texas Ave. The water from Clear Creek has filled the parking lot and has reached the street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21928/
Aerial View of Kemah
No Description texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21945/
[Madison Gas Station/Store - 109 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Mr. Madison's Ford Gas Station and Store on Ogden Street. Reportedly the first Ford agency in Del Rio in 1920. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24848/
[Railroad House - 114 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad built house for workers; built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24847/
[Railroad House - 112 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad house built for workers; built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24846/
[Railroad House - 110 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad built house for workers; built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24845/
[Dietert Home - 208 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24844/
[Railroad Rooms - 109 West Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Mr. White and Mr. McGity built early "rooms" for Southern Pacific Railroad employees. Facility is adobe. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24843/
[Commercial Building - 119 West Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built as a "Motor Company;" later used as warehouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24842/
[Charles Miller home - 112 West Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly Charles Miller came to Del Rio with the Southern Pacific Railroad as a painter, built one of the first hotels in town, and served as Justice of the Peace; house built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24841/
[Madison Garage - Corner Martin and South Main Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly Mr. Madison's first Ford garage, built by Mr. Randall; later used by school district as bus repair shop. No longer standing. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24840/
[Taylor Duke Commercial Building - Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly Taylor Duke Meat Market was built by Mr. Randall; later used for other commercial enterprises. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24839/
[Old Federal Building - Corner of Main and Broadway]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by the United States government in 1915-16, this Italian Renaissance structure originally housed the Post Office as well as the Federal Court system; c. 1995 it became the Val Verde County Judicial Center. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24838/
[Del Rio News Herald - Corner Main and Broadway Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly the building originally housed a bakery, restaurant, and print shop during the early 20th century. The Del Rio News Herald covered the original facade to look more modern. At turn of 21st century, The Herald restaurant restored the building to its original look. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24837/
[Marcy Martin - Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built as a grocery store; served as "western" store at time of photo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24836/
[F. C. Blaine Home -- Broadway Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly home built by F. C. Blaine in the 1880s who sold it to Mr. Ware (who had built the "Opera House" in 1886, later known as "Rita Theatre" and later as "Paul Poag Theatre"); First Church of Christ Scientist owned home at time of photo. Later note on survey says the building was "destroyed 1978." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24835/
[Duke Home - 108 East Broadway]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Victorian style home used as an office in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24834/
[Railroad House - East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad built house for workers; built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24833/
[Price Lumber Company - a - 43? South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built originally by Mr. Price for the Price Lumber Company; serving as carpet store in 1976. Adobe structure. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24832/
[Price Lumber Company - b - 432 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. View of alley to back of Price Lumber Company. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24831/
[Tom Payne Building - 432 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Tin building altered from original construction reportedly sometime between 1885-1900; orginally used as a store; used as a store by Gordon Walton in 1976. (other side of alley for Price Lumber Building) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24830/
[Walton Building - a - 432 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Appears this building is attached to Tom Payne Building and reportedly built as a store in 1922; operated as a store by owner Gordon Walton in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24829/
[Walton Building - b - 432 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Same information as Walton Building - a; different view. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24828/
[Joseph Hyman Building - NE Corner Main and Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by Mr. Taini c. 1890s for Joseph Hyman family which lived on second floor above shops. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24827/
[Old City Hall - Fire Station - Police Department - 120 East Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built 1924 by Charles Siever for the City of Del Rio to house City Hall, Police Department, and Fire Station; used for Del Rio Boys' Club in 1976; shortly after that became home of Del Rio Council for the Arts which is still there in 2007. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24826/
[Madison Garage - 109 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly the second location for Mr. Madison's Ford Garage, shown here as Del Rio Motor. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24825/
[Warner Building - NE Corner Main Street and Losoya]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by Mr. Taini c. 1990s for commercial use; two-story with basement; sold by Dr. Cartall to Mr. Newson in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24824/
[Pennington Building - 625 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built of brick c. 1990s, originally used as a drug store; May Warren owns and operates store in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24823/
[Old Del Rio National Bank - SW Corner Main Street and Greenwood]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Designed in 1910 by architect Alfred Giles for Del Rio National Bank; owned by Victor Lee in 1976 as Del Rio Loan Company; 2007 owned by Marty Humphreys and still operated as Del Rio Loan Company. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24822/
[H. J. Ware Building - Rita Theatre - 746 South Main]
Photograph taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Originally built as saloon and opera house; handmade bricks; top floor removed to make a theater operated by Paul Poag; later became Paul Poag Theater for the Performing Arts, operated by City of Del Rio, still in operation in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24821/
[Rose Building (Burke) -- 748 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built 1907; owned by Major Dobkins. Two-story rock building with basement, original windows and doors and wrought iron exterior stairway "New Orleans style." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24820/
[Lindheim - Roach McLymont - Bealls -- 801 Canal-Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Louis Lindheim built in 1877 for Roach-McLymont department store; occupied by Bealls in 1976. Two-story handmade brick with basement, enlarged by taking in other buildings. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24819/
[Ross Drug Store -- 800 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Owned by Ross family who purchased from Mr. Pennington in 1911. Ulric Ross started work in drug store when he was 12 years old. Two story handmade brick with basement, original sign in window of gold gilt, original windows and doors; front cut stone. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24818/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST