You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1910-1919
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel

Date: c. 1915
Creator: unknown
Description: Ida Snearly seated beside some plants with the Imperial Hotel in the background.
Contributing Partner: Clay County Historical Society
Louise Giddens and school kids

Louise Giddens and school kids

Date: c. 1911-12
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Rose Kipp, Ella Rentz, Emma Gordon, Dorothy White, and several unidentified children. This is a picture of the school children at the school that John Henry Kipp, Sr. started. The teacher, Louise Giddens, is the tallest woman in the picture. The girl next to the teacher is Ella Kipp the oldest of John Henry Kipp, Jr's children and the boy on the other side of the teacher is Henry Kipp. The girl next to Henry is Elva or Elvie Kipp. The girl in front of Elvie and Henry is Leota Kipp. The girl in the back next to Elvie is Rose Kipp and the boy next to her is John Lee (called Lee) Kipp. All of the children named were the children of John Henry Kipp, Jr.
Contributing Partner: Kemah Historical Society
[Congregational Church - Palestine]

[Congregational Church - Palestine]

Date: c. 1912
Creator: unknown
Description: The Centenary Methodist Church is one of 13 historic religious buildings identified in the survey. With its pointed, arched openings and corner towers, this institutional building is one of the city’s best examples of the Gothic Revival style, especially as interpreted on ecclesiastical buildings. The construction of massive additions on the north side have somewhat compromised the historic character but the building retains sufficient integrity to be recognizable to its period of significance. There has been an active Methodist presence in Palestine since about 1850. At that time the only local congregation met in Bascom’s Chapel, an extant building located at 812 N. Mallard, which has since been converted into a private residence. During the early 20th century the original congregation split, with some members establishing this church, the Centenary Methodist Church, and some founding Grace United Methodist Church, located just north of downtown. Locally prominent contractor John H. Gaught constructed the sanctuary of this church in 1910-11. It was renamed the First Methodist Episcopal church by the mid-1920s, and today is known as the First United Methodist church.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[400 N. Queen - Redlands Hotel]

[400 N. Queen - Redlands Hotel]

Date: 1919~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the south and west sides of the Redlands Hotel, on the corner of Oak and Queen streets, at 400 N. Queen in Palestine, Texas. It is a Two-Part Vertical Block building that has a U-shaped plan and load-bearing masonry walls, with Renaissance Revival-style architectural elements. Noteworthy features include the quoin-like brick in the end bays of the west and south elevations, and the entablature with large brackets.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[400 N. Queen - Redlands Hotel]

[400 N. Queen - Redlands Hotel]

Date: 1919~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the south and west sides of the Redlands Hotel, on the corner of Oak and Queen streets, at 400 N. Queen in Palestine, Texas. It is a Two-Part Vertical Block building that has a U-shaped plan and load-bearing masonry walls, with Renaissance Revival-style architectural elements. Noteworthy features include the quoin-like brick in the end bays of the west and south elevations, and the entablature with large brackets.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Interior Seating Area of the Temple Opera House]

[Interior Seating Area of the Temple Opera House]

Date: c. 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Interior photo of the Temple Opera House which was located on the corner of Avenue A and Oak Street in downtown Palestine. As per the 1898-1899 city directory, the manager was a man named W.E. Swift. The building has since been destroyed.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Letterhead from the Palestine Salt & Coal Company]

[Letterhead from the Palestine Salt & Coal Company]

Date: January 29, 1918
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of correspondence from Andrew Bowers written on letterhead from the Palestine Salt & Coal Co.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Wagon Advertising Liberty Bonds]

[Wagon Advertising Liberty Bonds]

Date: c. 1917
Creator: unknown
Description: Picture of a wagon with an advertisement for Liberty Bonds parked in front of the Bowden Grocery store in Palestine, Tx. Grandfather of Forrest Bradberry Jr. is driving the wagon. The side of the wagon says, "We are going to win this war, Buy a Liberty Bond."
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Ben Parker Homestead]

[Ben Parker Homestead]

Date: c. 1911
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of the Ben Parker Home, located west of Elkhart, Texas. People pictured are: (left to right) Ben J. Parker, Ross Parker, Lorene Parker, Estelle Parker (on porch), Joe Bailey Parker, Docia Parker (on porch in chair holding:) Dale Parker, Charm Parker, Jack Parker, Lucinda Ellen (Lula) Parker.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Palestine Daily News]

[Palestine Daily News]

Date: January 8, 1913
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of a page of the Palestine Daily News Newspaper dated January 8, 1913, when the Third Anderson County Courthouse was burned.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST