You limited your search to:

 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
[Joseph Hyman Building - NE Corner Main and Garfield]

[Joseph Hyman Building - NE Corner Main and Garfield]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by Mr. Taini c. 1890s for Joseph Hyman family which lived on second floor above shops.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Old City Hall - Fire Station - Police Department - 120 East Garfield]

[Old City Hall - Fire Station - Police Department - 120 East Garfield]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built 1924 by Charles Siever for the City of Del Rio to house City Hall, Police Department, and Fire Station; used for Del Rio Boys' Club in 1976; shortly after that became home of Del Rio Council for the Arts which is still there in 2007.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Madison Garage - 109 South Main Street]

[Madison Garage - 109 South Main Street]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly the second location for Mr. Madison's Ford Garage, shown here as Del Rio Motor.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Warner Building - NE Corner Main Street and Losoya]

[Warner Building - NE Corner Main Street and Losoya]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by Mr. Taini c. 1990s for commercial use; two-story with basement; sold by Dr. Cartall to Mr. Newson in 1976.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Pennington Building - 625 South Main Street]

[Pennington Building - 625 South Main Street]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built of brick c. 1990s, originally used as a drug store; May Warren owns and operates store in 1976.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Old Del Rio National Bank - SW Corner Main Street and Greenwood]

[Old Del Rio National Bank - SW Corner Main Street and Greenwood]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Designed in 1910 by architect Alfred Giles for Del Rio National Bank; owned by Victor Lee in 1976 as Del Rio Loan Company; 2007 owned by Marty Humphreys and still operated as Del Rio Loan Company.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[H. J. Ware Building - Rita Theatre - 746 South Main]

[H. J. Ware Building - Rita Theatre - 746 South Main]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Originally built as saloon and opera house; handmade bricks; top floor removed to make a theater operated by Paul Poag; later became Paul Poag Theater for the Performing Arts, operated by City of Del Rio, still in operation in 2008.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Rose Building (Burke) -- 748 South Main Street]

[Rose Building (Burke) -- 748 South Main Street]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built 1907; owned by Major Dobkins. Two-story rock building with basement, original windows and doors and wrought iron exterior stairway "New Orleans style."
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Lindheim - Roach McLymont - Bealls -- 801 Canal-Main Street]

[Lindheim - Roach McLymont - Bealls -- 801 Canal-Main Street]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Louis Lindheim built in 1877 for Roach-McLymont department store; occupied by Bealls in 1976. Two-story handmade brick with basement, enlarged by taking in other buildings.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Ross Drug Store -- 800 South Main Street]

[Ross Drug Store -- 800 South Main Street]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Owned by Ross family who purchased from Mr. Pennington in 1911. Ulric Ross started work in drug store when he was 12 years old. Two story handmade brick with basement, original sign in window of gold gilt, original windows and doors; front cut stone.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission