You limited your search to:

 County: Galveston County, TX
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
[The Physeter Macrocephalus Sperm Whale]

[The Physeter Macrocephalus Sperm Whale]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Color postcard depicting the Physeter Macrocephalus Sperm Whale beached near Beaumont, Texas. The description on the back of the postcard reads, "This Physeter Macrocephalus Sperm Whale was caught in the Gulf of Mexico 35 miles from Beaumont Texas. His dimensions are: Length 63 feet 6 inches.; Width if tail 16 feet 7 inches; Circumference of snout at end 31 feet; Circumference at back of eyes 37 feet; Length of lower jaw 10 feet 10 inches." Correspondence on the card reads, "Hello! mama, Roll-over is it finest place you ever saw. We went bathing as soon as we got here. Tell Charlie hello for me/ Blanche" It is addressed to Mrs. W.E. Reynolds, 1345 Magnolia Ave., Beaumont, Texas and is postmarked Caplan, Texas on July 3, 1921.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
Company 87, 14th Battalion at Camp Wallace, Texas

Company 87, 14th Battalion at Camp Wallace, Texas

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Group picture of sailors of the Company 87, 14th Battalion at Camp Wallace, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
George Bancroft

George Bancroft

Date: unknown
Creator: Rose, P.H.
Description: Photograph of George Bancroft Sr. as a young man. He is wearing a jacket with a dark collar with brass buttons, a white shirt and a bow tie. His hair is light and slicked back. On the bottom of the photograph are the words, "Rose, Galveston".
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
The G.H. & H. Track in Galveston After a Flood in 1900

The G.H. & H. Track in Galveston After a Flood in 1900

Date: 1900
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of raised railroad tracks after the Galveston Flood in 1900. In the foreground are normal railroad tracks.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
[Gideon Gooch, J.P. Allen, N.W. Hunter and an Unidentified Man]

[Gideon Gooch, J.P. Allen, N.W. Hunter and an Unidentified Man]

Date: c. 1880
Creator: Rose, Philip H.
Description: The man sitting left was Mr. N.W. Hunter, the son of the pioneer, Dr. James Hunter, who came to Texas in 1838 and lived in Ft. Houston. Mr. N.W. Hunter was the father of Miss Kate Hunter, Mrs. J.L. Carson, and Miss Pauline Hunter. He was also the great grandfather of Malcolm Hunter. Mr. Gideon Gooch stands on the left and Mr. J.P. Allen stands on the right. The man sitting on the right is unidentified.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
Aerial View of Kemah

Aerial View of Kemah

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Kemah Historical Society
Texas Ave at high tide

Texas Ave at high tide

Date: April 20, 1973
Creator: Clear Lake Photography
Description: Photograph of a portion of the business area in Kemah, Texas along Clear Creek during a typical high tide. Several cars are parked in the lot of a lounge and pharmacy on Texas Ave. The water from Clear Creek has filled the parking lot and has reached the street.
Contributing Partner: Kemah Historical Society
Texas Ave

Texas Ave

Date: April 20, 1973
Creator: Clear Lake Photography
Description: Photograph of a portion of the business area in Kemah, Texas along Clear Creek during a typical high tide. Water from Clear Creek has filled several parking lots and has crossed the street in areas. Several cars are parked at various businesses. A motel, seafood restaurant, tire shop, grocery store, and auto parts store are pictured.
Contributing Partner: Kemah Historical Society
6th St and Hwy 146, FM 2094

6th St and Hwy 146, FM 2094

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of 6th Street, Highway 146, FM 2094, and the surrounding area of Kemah, Texas from an aerial viewpoint. Many automobiles, businesses, and residences are visible.
Contributing Partner: Kemah Historical Society
Sylvia D Lounge

Sylvia D Lounge

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Sylvia D Lounge. A covered walkway leads to the entrance of the two-story wooden building. A few lawn chairs, and two tables are located around a swimming pool in front of the lounge. Some cars are parked in the parking lot next to the lounge, and other businesses are partially visible in the background.
Contributing Partner: Kemah Historical Society
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 NEXT LAST