You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1950-1959
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
[Unidentified House 01358]

[Unidentified House 01358]

Date: c. 1950
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of an unidentified house in Palestine
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Unidentified House 01341]

[Unidentified House 01341]

Date: c. 1950
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of an unidentified house in Palestine.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[407 E. Kolstad - Mallard Alexander House]

[407 E. Kolstad - Mallard Alexander House]

Date: 1950~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a light-colored house surrounded by a lawn and trees. One of the oldest homes in Palestine, this house was built using slave labor in 1848 by Judge John B. Mallard. Surrounded by stately oak and cedar trees, it continues to be on its original foundation of one and one-half foot cedar logs and has been repaired and remodeled by later owners. Marked by the State of Texas n 1952, it has been the home of the Forrest Bradberrys since 1957. Judge Mallard and his wife, the former Susan S. Scott, came to Texas from Mississippi in 1845 and settled at Old Fort Houston. In February 1846, he moved to Palestine, the new county seat of Anderson County which had been organized that same year, and purchased ten acres, known as the Mallard Block. This acreage was located just north of the then city limits which is now in Old Town Palestine. The Mallards had seven children including Mrs. Bettie Oder, a beloved teacher in Palestine for forty-six years. Mrs. Oder was born at this home in 1849 and died in Houston in 1940. Also born here was Mrs. Barbara Alexander Eppner. The first census of early Palestine was ...
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link House]

[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link House]

Date: 1950~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the front and south side of the "H.H. Link House" located at 1003 N. Link in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story, white house with both Queen Anne and Classical Revival-style architectures, including two-story Ionic columns across the front. The foreground of this image is blurred, obscuring part of the house.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Unidentified House 80188]

[Unidentified House 80188]

Date: c. 1950
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of an unidentified house with a historical marker in front of it.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Royall Bank Building]

[Royall Bank Building]

Date: c. 1950
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of the Royall Bank Building. This bank faced Spring Street in downtown Palestine until the building was demolished in the late 1960's - Early 1970's
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[638 S. Magnolia - Silliman House]

[638 S. Magnolia - Silliman House]

Date: 1950~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the front and north side of the Silliman House, a two-story, brick Georgian Revival-style house located at 638 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. It has some stone accents including light-colored quoins on the corners.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Unidentified House 01234]

[Unidentified House 01234]

Date: c. 1950
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of an unidentified House in Palestine.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Burning of the Railroad YMCA]

[Burning of the Railroad YMCA]

Date: c. 1955
Creator: unknown
Description: Burning of the Railroad YMCA. The Railroad YMCA opened in April of 1903 and continued as the YMCA until the building burned in the mid 1950's. The building faced South Magnolia and was on the lot in front of the present Railroad General Office Building.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[601 E. Hodges - Elmwood]

[601 E. Hodges - Elmwood]

Date: 1950~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the front and east side of "Elmwood," a white, two-story house located at 601 E. Hodges in Palestine, Texas. The house has a wrap-around porch and a two-story pedimented portico with Ionic-style columns; these elements altered the original Queen Anne-style architecture.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library