You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1870-1879
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
[Man posing with horse in front of a wrought iron fence]

[Man posing with horse in front of a wrought iron fence]

Date: 1876
Creator: Centennial Photographic Co.
Description: Man posing with horse in front of a wrought iron fence.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Caroline R. Scrivner Richards
[Ledger sheet showing transactions between L.H. Scrutchfield and De Cordova, Withers & Co., dated Nov. 13th, 1874]

[Ledger sheet showing transactions between L.H. Scrutchfield and De Cordova, Withers & Co., dated Nov. 13th, 1874]

Date: November 13, 1874
Creator: DeCordova, Withers & Co.
Description: Ledger sheet dated Nov. 13th, 1874, showing transactions between L.H. Scrutchfield and De Cordova, Withers & Co., Land Agents.
Contributing Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission
[Letter to L.H. Scrutchfield from De Cordova, Withers & Co.. June 30, 1874]

[Letter to L.H. Scrutchfield from De Cordova, Withers & Co.. June 30, 1874]

Date: June 30, 1874
Creator: DeCordova, Withers & Co.
Description: Letter from De Cordova, Withers & Co. to L.H. Scrutchfield, dated June 30th, 1874 from Austin City.
Contributing Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission
New Map of the State of Texas 1874

New Map of the State of Texas 1874

Date: 1874
Creator: G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.
Description: This is a map of the state of Texas from 1874. It was prepared for Morphis' History of Texas.
Contributing Partner: Dallas Heritage Village
The Orange Tribune,  (Orange City, Tex.),Vol. 2, No. 42, Friday, May 30, 1879

The Orange Tribune, (Orange City, Tex.),Vol. 2, No. 42, Friday, May 30, 1879

Date: June 30, 1879
Creator: Harris, A.P.
Description: Photograph of the weekly newspaper from Orange, Texas that includes local, state, and national news along with poetry and advertising.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
[Nellie Ballentine Walker]

[Nellie Ballentine Walker]

Date: c. 1875
Creator: Lynn, S.
Description: Nellie Ballentine Walker as a toddler. She was born February 27, 1872, the daughter of Albert A. and Margaret J. Walker. Albert Walker was a dentist in Paris.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Caroline R. Scrivner Richards
[Unidentified Man]

[Unidentified Man]

Date: c. 1870
Creator: Naschke
Description: Photo of an undentified man taken at the Naschke Studio, Galveston Texas. Back of photo reads: "1870 - came to Palestine 1885"
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[600 Block S. May - Dilley's Iron Foundry]

[600 Block S. May - Dilley's Iron Foundry]

Date: c. 1875
Creator: unknown
Description: Illinois-native George Mansfield Dilley, the prominent railroad-building contractor who played an instrumental role in the expansion of railroads throughout Texas and the South, established this foundry in 1873, one year after the railroad arrived in Palestine. The George M. Dilley & Son Foundry, located adjacent to the I&GN tracks, at one time contained more than ten buildings. The enterprise manufactured some farm equipment and machinery, but its primary output was gray iron and brass castings for Texas railroads. The elder Dilley moved to Dallas in the 1880s, but the foundry continued to be run by his son, George Edward Dilley – one of Palestine’s most prominent citizens of the late 19th century. G.E. Dilley continued operations at the foundry until his death in 1932; his son Clarence V. Dilley then took over until his own death five years later. In the mid-1930s, the plant had an average payroll of about twenty thousand dollars, for a workforce of twenty to twenty-five men. The foundry ceased operations in the late 1930s. All that remains today are the frame office building, the nearby brick brass furnace building, and a lengthy iron fence which borders the property and faces May Street (which local historians ...
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[600 Block S. May - Dilley's Iron Foundry]

[600 Block S. May - Dilley's Iron Foundry]

Date: c. 1875
Creator: unknown
Description: Illinois-native George Mansfield Dilley, the prominent railroad-building contractor who played an instrumental role in the expansion of railroads throughout Texas and the South, established this foundry in 1873, one year after the railroad arrived in Palestine. The George M. Dilley & Son Foundry, located adjacent to the I&GN tracks, at one time contained more than ten buildings. The enterprise manufactured some farm equipment and machinery, but its primary output was gray iron and brass castings for Texas railroads. The elder Dilley moved to Dallas in the 1880s, but the foundry continued to be run by his son, George Edward Dilley – one of Palestine’s most prominent citizens of the late 19th century. G.E. Dilley continued operations at the foundry until his death in 1932; his son Clarence V. Dilley then took over until his own death five years later. In the mid-1930s, the plant had an average payroll of about twenty thousand dollars, for a workforce of twenty to twenty-five men. The foundry ceased operations in the late 1930s. All that remains today are the frame office building, the nearby brick brass furnace building, and a lengthy iron fence which borders the property and faces May Street (which local historians ...
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Charles Wesley Street]

[Charles Wesley Street]

Date: c. 1870 - 1879
Creator: unknown
Description: Charles Wesley Street, 1835-1905.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Caroline R. Scrivner Richards
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 NEXT LAST