You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1990-1999
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
[Rainbow & Veteran's Memorial Bridges]

[Rainbow & Veteran's Memorial Bridges]

Date: August 1990
Creator: Chiasson, Charlotte
Description: Color photo postcard picturing the new Veteran's Memorial Bridge in front of the older Rainbow Bridge. These bridges connect Bridge City and Port Arthur, Texas over the Neches River. Written on the back of the card, "Twin bridges span the Neches River connecting Bridg City & Port Arthur. The cable-stayed Veteran's Memorial Bridge was dedicated on Sept. 8, 1990, 52 years after the Rainbow Bridge. The clearance of the new bridge is 143 feet; the old bridge is 176 feet." It is postmarked Bridge City, Texas on Sept 8, 1990.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
Looking Back, by Elizabeth Scott Scrivner Dickson

Looking Back, by Elizabeth Scott Scrivner Dickson

Date: 1997
Creator: Dickson, Elizabeth Scott Scrivner
Description: The personal narrative of Elizabeth Scott Scrivner Dickson of Paris. Includes family stories from the Paris Fire of 1916.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Caroline R. Scrivner Richards
[Dismantling old water tower, full shot]

[Dismantling old water tower, full shot]

Date: March 15, 1999
Creator: Henderson, John
Description: The crane is in place to dismantle the minicipal water tower. Originally purchased October 15, 1923 for $5,650 from Pittsburgh - Des Moines Steel Co. Dallas, TX. Held 50,000 gallons of water.
Contributing Partner: Sanger Public Library
[Dismantling old water tower, lowering the top]

[Dismantling old water tower, lowering the top]

Date: March 15, 1999
Creator: Henderson, John
Description: A crane lowers the top of the municipal water tower originally built in 1923.
Contributing Partner: Sanger Public Library
[Dismantling old water tower, removing the top]

[Dismantling old water tower, removing the top]

Date: March 15, 1999
Creator: Henderson, John
Description: A crane removing the top half of the tank of the municipal water tower. The tower was erected in 1923 and held 50,000 gallons of water.
Contributing Partner: Sanger Public Library
[100 W. Oak]

[100 W. Oak]

Date: 1990~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Photograph of the front and side of the Kolstad Jewelry store, located at 100 W. Oak in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of Oak and Sycamore streets. It is a two-story brick building with decorative architectural elements around the upper-story windows and roofline. On the first floor, the walls around the store are tiled and there is a striped awning over the sidewalk with the text "Texas' Oldest Store" above the entrance. Signs above the awning say "Thomas C. Smith, Proprietor," "Kolstad," and "George Handson: Jeweler, Calligrapher, Clock Repair" on the front of the store and "Kolstad [...] Texas' Oldest Store" on the side. A part of an adjacent building is visible on the far right.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[212 S. Magnolia]

[212 S. Magnolia]

Date: 1991~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Photograph of the front and south side of a white, two-story frame house located at 212 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. It has some Queen Anne-style architecture including a 2-story porch and ornate jigsawn trim.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[216 S. Magnolia]

[216 S. Magnolia]

Date: 1991~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Close-up photograph of a white, two-story house located at 216 S. Magnolia, Palestine, Texas. There is some decorative woodwork along the eaves and corners of the house, and there is a green awning over the front porch.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[220 W. Reagan - Grant House]

[220 W. Reagan - Grant House]

Date: 1991~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Photograph of the front and west side of the "Grant House," a yellow, two-story, Queen Anne-style house located at 220 W. Reagan (on the corner of W. Reagan and S. May streets) in Palestine, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[301 S. Magnolia - Bowers Mansion]

[301 S. Magnolia - Bowers Mansion]

Date: February 1992
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Photograph of the front of the "Bowers Mansion" located at 301 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story white house with blue trim that has Victorian Italiante-style architectural elements (including a small cupola with bracketed eaves and narrow, paired windows), and a two-tiered porch with Queen Anne-style turned- and jigsawn- wood trim.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST