You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1950-1959
 Language: No Language
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
[400 N. Queen - Redlands Hotel]

[400 N. Queen - Redlands Hotel]

Date: 1950~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the south and west sides of the Redlands Hotel, on the corner of Oak and Queen streets, at 400 N. Queen in Palestine, Texas. It is a Two-Part Vertical Block building that has a U-shaped plan and load-bearing masonry walls, with Renaissance Revival-style architectural elements. Noteworthy features include the quoin-like brick in the end bays of the west and south elevations, and the entablature with large brackets.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[601 E. Hodges - Elmwood]

[601 E. Hodges - Elmwood]

Date: 1950~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the front and east side of "Elmwood," a white, two-story house located at 601 E. Hodges in Palestine, Texas. The house has a wrap-around porch and a two-story pedimented portico with Ionic-style columns; these elements altered the original Queen Anne-style architecture.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[601 E. Hodges - Elmwood]

[601 E. Hodges - Elmwood]

Date: 1950~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the front and east side of "Elmwood," a white, two-story house located at 601 E. Hodges in Palestine, Texas. The house has a wrap-around porch and a two-story pedimented portico with Ionic-style columns; these elements altered the original Queen Anne-style architecture.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[36th Texas Division - T - Patch guard #3]

[36th Texas Division - T - Patch guard #3]

Date: 1950 - 1959
Creator: Blewitt, William
Description: Three men, two in uniform, standing at doorway
Contributing Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission
[36th Texas Division - T - Patch guard #4]

[36th Texas Division - T - Patch guard #4]

Date: 1950 - 1959
Creator: Blewitt, William
Description: Three men in uniform
Contributing Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission
[36th Texas Division - T - Patch guard #5]

[36th Texas Division - T - Patch guard #5]

Date: 1950 - 1959
Creator: Blewitt, William
Description: Two men in uniform with wives, visiting in a crowd of people.
Contributing Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission
50000th Telephone in Austin

50000th Telephone in Austin

Date: January 1, 1950
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Description: Woman talking on telephone, men standing and smiling
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Adult Choir]

[Adult Choir]

Date: 1950
Creator: Pridgen's Studio
Description: Photograph of the First Christian Church Adult Choir. Back row - left to right: A.E. Catanach, not know, not known, Peg Catanach, Curtis Lacy, not known, Ralph Breelove, not known, not known, McIntosh, Austine Mills. Front row - left to right: Mathilda Steed, not known, Mildred Allgood, Gladys Lacy, Lolly Prafka, Alma Rigsby, Allene Breedlove, not known, Peggy McIntosh, Willie Mae West.
Contributing Partner: First Christian Church of Port Arthur
[Aerial View of Orange, Texas]

[Aerial View of Orange, Texas]

Date: 1950
Creator: unknown
Description: Aerial photograph of Orange, Texas. Many of the buildings in the photograph are now gone. Mrs. Lutcher Stark of Orange bought most of the downtown properties and built a performing arts theater and museum. The buildings that did survive are mostly occupied by Lamar University, Orange extension. The Sabine River is on the lower left.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
[Aerial View of Sabine River and Riverside Area in 1950]

[Aerial View of Sabine River and Riverside Area in 1950]

Date: 1950
Creator: unknown
Description: Aerial view of the Riverside area of Orange, Texas where the naval housing was located. Berthing piers jut out into the Sabine River. Louisiana is on the far shore.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST