This system will be undergoing maintenance Tuesday, September 30, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM CDT.

  You limited your search to:

 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
Lipscomb County Cemeteries

Lipscomb County Cemeteries

Date: April 2006
Creator: Kraft, LaVaun
Description: This book has information on each of the nine Lipscomb County cemeteries: Heart Cemetery, Kiowa Cemetery, View Point Cemetery, Darrouzett Cemetery, Fairview Cemetery, Fairmont Cemetery, Lipscomb Cemetery, St. John's Cemetery, and Higgins Cemetery; each section includes information about the origins of the cemetery with deeds and certificates, an index of the persons buried in the cemetery, a list of the information on each of the headstones in the cemetery, and a list of the veterans buried in the cemetery. Some sections include other text or photos of interest regarding particular cemeteries.
Contributing Partner: Wolf Creek Heritage Museum
[Coloring Mural at Dogwood Festival]

[Coloring Mural at Dogwood Festival]

Date: 2003
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of people viewing the coloring mural at the Dogwood Festival in Palestine.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Coloring Mural at Dogwood Festival]

[Coloring Mural at Dogwood Festival]

Date: 2003
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of people viewing the coloring mural at the Dogwood Festival in Palestine.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[616 S. Sycamore]

[616 S. Sycamore]

Date: 2000~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the front of a 1 ½-story Tudor Revival-style house located at 616 S. Sycamore in Palestine, Texas. Distinctive characteristics on this house include the cross-gabled roof, decorative half-timbered woodwork in gable ends, and windows with small diamond-shaped panes of glass.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Dismantling old water tower, full shot]

[Dismantling old water tower, full shot]

Date: March 15, 1999
Creator: Henderson, John
Description: The crane is in place to dismantle the minicipal water tower. Originally purchased October 15, 1923 for $5,650 from Pittsburgh - Des Moines Steel Co. Dallas, TX. Held 50,000 gallons of water.
Contributing Partner: Sanger Public Library
[Dismantling old water tower, lowering the top]

[Dismantling old water tower, lowering the top]

Date: March 15, 1999
Creator: Henderson, John
Description: A crane lowers the top of the municipal water tower originally built in 1923.
Contributing Partner: Sanger Public Library
[Dismantling old water tower, removing the top]

[Dismantling old water tower, removing the top]

Date: March 15, 1999
Creator: Henderson, John
Description: A crane removing the top half of the tank of the municipal water tower. The tower was erected in 1923 and held 50,000 gallons of water.
Contributing Partner: Sanger Public Library
[Choraliers Visit Avery Island, Louisiana]

[Choraliers Visit Avery Island, Louisiana]

Date: May 13, 1998
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the choraliers visit to Avery Island, Louisiana. Left to right: Sharon (Mary Ann Murphy's granddaughter), Margret Anne Blitch, Dan and Audrey Daniel, Lois Bryan, Angie Bowers, Rose Merriman, Mary Ann Murphy, Jack Cansler, and Lois Copeland.
Contributing Partner: First Christian Church of Port Arthur
[Choraliers Visit Avery Island, Louisiana]

[Choraliers Visit Avery Island, Louisiana]

Date: May 13, 1998
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Choraliers visit to Avery Island, Louisiana. Left to right: Angie Bowers, Bill Kettrick, Lois Copeland, Bob Bowers, Edna Nixon, Rex Copeland, Audrey Daniel, Lois Bryan, Jim Sutherline, and Bill Hauck, minister.
Contributing Partner: First Christian Church of Port Arthur
Lipscomb Street North of Courthouse, 1998

Lipscomb Street North of Courthouse, 1998

Date: 1998
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a Lipscomb Street north of the Courthouse. There are three old, historically preserved buildings. The building closest building on the left side of the frame is white with a porch. The building in the middle is wooden and the third building on the right side of the frame is wooden with a tin roof. To side of the first building is an old wooden wagon. In front of the first building is a telephone pole and hitching post. There are tiny yellow flowers all over the ground.
Contributing Partner: Wolf Creek Heritage Museum
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST