You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1900-1909
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
5th Street and Avenue D in Clifton

5th Street and Avenue D in Clifton

Date: c. 1900 - 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: View of the building at the southeast corner of Avenue D and 5th Street in downtown Clifton. The building contains J. M. Brock's Drug Store (on the corner), Greer's Barber Shop (on Avenue D), and The Clifton Record (on 5th Street). This building was destroyed by fire on December 23, 1905.
Contributing Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission
5th Street in Clifton, North Side

5th Street in Clifton, North Side

Date: c. 1900 - 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: View of the north side of Fifth Street in downtown Clifton, Texas. The building in the foreground is on the southeast corner of Avenue D and 5th Street and was destroyed by fire on December 23, 1905. The Clifton Record newspaper office can be seen on the left side of this building. The building in the background is on the southwest corner of Avenue D and 5th Street.
Contributing Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission
[Anderson County Farmers]

[Anderson County Farmers]

Date: c. 1900
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of some farmer working in the fields somewhere in Anderson County. It is unknown who Mrs. Melba Wallace is or how she is connected to this picture.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Anderson County Jail]

[Anderson County Jail]

Date: C. 1900
Creator: unknown
Description: This is a photograph of the second Anderson County Jail. The jail was built on the southwest corner of the courthouse square in 1879-80. It was, at the time, the most architecturally advanced building on the square of Palestine. Its clock tower, rising one floor beyond the two-story sheriff’s office and jail, could be seen all the way to New Town, the part of town near the railroad depot. The jail was used until 1931, when it was considered inadequate for county needs. It was torn down and a more modern structure built, the three-story white brick building that now stands on the site.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
Avenue D in Clifton, East Side

Avenue D in Clifton, East Side

Date: c. 1900 - 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: View of the east side of Avenue D in downtown Clifton, Texas. The P. E. Schow building is shown on the northwest corner of Avenue D and 4th Street.
Contributing Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission
Avenue D in Clifton, Looking North

Avenue D in Clifton, Looking North

Date: c. 1900 - 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: View of downtown Clifton, looking north along Avenue D.
Contributing Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission
[The "Banner Limited"]

[The "Banner Limited"]

Date: c. 1900
Creator: unknown
Description: Wabash Railway's The "Banner Limited" dating from the turn of the century, traverses the 286 mile route between St. Louis and Chicago. It was a daylight train - No. 11 southbound and No. 10 northbound - operating on a schedule of about seven hours. In this photograph the "Banner Limited" is headed by an Atlantic type 4-4-2 locomotive, engine No. 602, with a consist of old wooden cars which have underbody truss rods and open platforms. As early as June 1916, this train was cited in the Official Guide of the Railways as having modern steel equipment, comprising Smoking, Chair, Dining, and Observation cars.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the American Railroad
[Barbershop Quartet]

[Barbershop Quartet]

Date: c. 1900
Creator: unknown
Description: Barbershop Quartet in Palestine Texas.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Boardwalk at the Palestine Depot]

[Boardwalk at the Palestine Depot]

Date: c. 1900
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo looking up the sidewalk beside the Palestine Train Depot.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
Bosque County Courthouse

Bosque County Courthouse

Date: c. 1900 - 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: View of the the Bosque County Courthouse in Meridian, Texas. Caption says "Courthouse, Meridian".
Contributing Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST