You limited your search to:

  Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
 Resource Type: Photograph
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
[Coloring Mural at Dogwood Festival]

[Coloring Mural at Dogwood Festival]

Date: 2003
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of people viewing the coloring mural at the Dogwood Festival in Palestine.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Coloring Mural at Dogwood Festival]

[Coloring Mural at Dogwood Festival]

Date: 2003
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of people viewing the coloring mural at the Dogwood Festival in Palestine.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Anderson County Courthouse]

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Date: 1991~
Creator: unknown
Description: The Anderson County Courthouse is the largest historic institutional building in Palestine and arguably the most prominent architectural landmark. Sited atop a hill that overlooks the central business district to the southwest, the courthouse retains its historic integrity and character. The original architects, C.H. Page and Brother incorporated Classical Revival elements in the design, which bears a resemblance to the firm’s courthouse design for Williamson County, Texas. Legislators designated Palestine the county seat of Anderson County in 1846, the year of the county’s creation. This is the county’s fourth courthouse, and the third to be erected on this site. It was designed in 1913-1914 by the noted Austin architectural firm of Charles Page and Brother. B.P. Garvey of Gainesville, Texas, served as the contractor. The building’s formal dedication ceremony was held December 20, 1914. Billy Bean documented the courthouse in his 1980 survey. The building was extensively remodeled in 1986. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1992 - Building #92001256
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Anderson County Courthouse]

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Date: 1991~
Creator: unknown
Description: The Anderson County Courthouse is the largest historic institutional building in Palestine and arguably the most prominent architectural landmark. Sited atop a hill that overlooks the central business district to the southwest, the courthouse retains its historic integrity and character. The original architects, C.H. Page and Brother incorporated Classical Revival elements in the design, which bears a resemblance to the firm’s courthouse design for Williamson County, Texas. Legislators designated Palestine the county seat of Anderson County in 1846, the year of the county’s creation. This is the county’s fourth courthouse, and the third to be erected on this site. It was designed in 1913-1914 by the noted Austin architectural firm of Charles Page and Brother. B.P. Garvey of Gainesville, Texas, served as the contractor. The building’s formal dedication ceremony was held December 20, 1914. Billy Bean documented the courthouse in his 1980 survey. The building was extensively remodeled in 1986. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1992 - Building #92001256
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Sesquicentennial Marker Dedecation for Rev. Daniel Parker]

[Sesquicentennial Marker Dedecation for Rev. Daniel Parker]

Date: November 3, 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of a Citizen of the Republic of Texas Marker dedication for Rev. Daniel Parker, which was held during the Texas Sesquicentennial at the Pilgrim Cemetery, Elkhart, Texas. He was a Pioneer Baptist Minister who was born in Virginia on 6 April 1781 and died December 3, 1844. His wife was Patsy Dixon Parker, who was born January 17, 1784 and died December 1, 1846. On November 3, 1985, the Fort Houston Chapter of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas held this dedication of the DRT medallion that was added to the marker, which signifies that he was a Citizen of the Republic of Texas. The ladies who are standing around the monument are, from left to right: Cindy Selden Herrington, Bonnie Woolverton, Lynda Sansom, Gwen Routh and Odessa Woodard Crowson. Both Mrs. Herrington and Mrs. Crowson are descendants of Rev. Parker. The Daughters of the Republic of Texas medallion that had been affixed to the monument has since been stolen.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Building a Library]

[Building a Library]

Date: 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Building a Library]

[Building a Library]

Date: 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Building a Library]

[Building a Library]

Date: 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Building a Library]

[Building a Library]

Date: 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Building a Library]

[Building a Library]

Date: 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST