You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1970-1979
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
[925 N. Link - Edwin and Eva Link House]

[925 N. Link - Edwin and Eva Link House]

Date: 1970~
Creator: unknown
Description: Close-up photograph of the Queen Anne-style architecture on the front of the "Edwin and Eva Link House," located at 925 N. Link in Palestine, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link Home]

[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link Home]

Date: 1975~
Creator: unknown
Description: Copy print of the front and south side of the "H.H. Link House" located at 1003 N. Link in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story, white house with both Queen Anne and Classical Revival-style architectures, including two-story Ionic columns across the front.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link House]

[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link House]

Date: 1970~
Creator: unknown
Description: Close-up photograph of the front of the "H.H. Link House" located at 1003 N. Link in Palestine, Texas, taken from the north. It is a two-story, white house with both Queen Anne and Classical Revival-style architectures, including two-story Ionic columns across the front.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link House]

[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link House]

Date: 1970~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the front and south side of the "H.H. Link House" located at 1003 N. Link in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story, white house with both Queen Anne and Classical Revival-style architectures, including two-story Ionic columns across the front.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[1011 N. Perry - Howard House]

[1011 N. Perry - Howard House]

Date: c. 1970
Creator: unknown
Description: The Howard House was the former home of Colonel George Howard and his wife, Cornelia Cox Howard. Built in 1851 the house is located on land deeded August 17, 1850 to Colonel Howard from Judge Reuben Reeves and his wife, Sarah. Colonel Howard and Mrs. Howard came to Palestine from Tennessee in 1849. Given the title of Colonel when he organized a company of men during the Civil War, he later served in the Texas Legislature, held several county offices and was Mayor of Palestine from 1886-1887. Colonel Howard was an active merchant in Palestine and in 1855 his store was located on the east side of the courthouse square. The Howard House of Greek revival influence is one of the best preserved examples of the ante bellum homes in the city. A walk of handmade brick leads to the house with its pillared portico and a center hall runs through the house with rooms on either side. There are a number of furnishings and other interesting items which are original to the house including a beautifully carved piano. The home remained in the possession of descendants of the Howard family until it was purchased by the City of Palestine ...
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[1011 N. Perry - Howard House]

[1011 N. Perry - Howard House]

Date: c. 1970
Creator: unknown
Description: The Howard House was the former home of Colonel George Howard and his wife, Cornelia Cox Howard. Built in 1851 the house is located on land deeded August 17, 1850 to Colonel Howard from Judge Reuben Reeves and his wife, Sarah. Colonel Howard and Mrs. Howard came to Palestine from Tennessee in 1849. Given the title of Colonel when he organized a company of men during the Civil War, he later served in the Texas Legislature, held several county offices and was Mayor of Palestine from 1886-1887. Colonel Howard was an active merchant in Palestine and in 1855 his store was located on the east side of the courthouse square. The Howard House of Greek revival influence is one of the best preserved examples of the ante bellum homes in the city. A walk of handmade brick leads to the house with its pillared portico and a center hall runs through the house with rooms on either side. There are a number of furnishings and other interesting items which are original to the house including a beautifully carved piano. The home remained in the possession of descendants of the Howard family until it was purchased by the City of Palestine ...
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[1305 S. Sycamore - Broyles House]

[1305 S. Sycamore - Broyles House]

Date: c. 1970
Creator: unknown
Description: This house is one of the most opulent and outstanding examples of the Queen Anne style in Palestine. This majestic 2 ½ story frame residence displays superb craftsmanship throughout the elaborate woodwork of the exterior. Although the porch has been screen in, the building retains much of its historic character and integrity. Prominent local architect Luther McKlemurry designed and built this house for William McBurney Broyles and his wife Caroline Scott Broyles in 1893-94. An Alabama native, Mr. Broyles (1849-1925) was a prosperous East Texas lumberman, who played an important role in the economic development of Palestine during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. He was active in local real estate, and developed three new additions to the town, including the Broyles Addition, on which this house is situated. Much of the exemplary millwork featured on the house was manufactured in Broyles’ own Palestine mills. The house was later occupied by son Gordon Broyles, who lived here until his death in 1987. The house is still in the Broyles family.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[1305 S. Sycamore - Broyles House]

[1305 S. Sycamore - Broyles House]

Date: c. 1970
Creator: unknown
Description: This house is one of the most opulent and outstanding examples of the Queen Anne style in Palestine. This majestic 2 ½ story frame residence displays superb craftsmanship throughout the elaborate woodwork of the exterior. Although the porch has been screen in, the building retains much of its historic character and integrity. Prominent local architect Luther McKlemurry designed and built this house for William McBurney Broyles and his wife Caroline Scott Broyles in 1893-94. An Alabama native, Mr. Broyles (1849-1925) was a prosperous East Texas lumberman, who played an important role in the economic development of Palestine during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. He was active in local real estate, and developed three new additions to the town, including the Broyles Addition, on which this house is situated. Much of the exemplary millwork featured on the house was manufactured in Broyles’ own Palestine mills. The house was later occupied by son Gordon Broyles, who lived here until his death in 1987. The house is still in the Broyles family.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
1970 General Highway Map of Bosque County, Texas

1970 General Highway Map of Bosque County, Texas

Date: 1970
Creator: Texas State Highway Department
Description: Official 1970 general highway map of Bosque County, Texas showing major state and county roads, streams and rivers, towns, and other landmarks.
Contributing Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission
[Aerial Photo of Osjetea Briggs' Home]

[Aerial Photo of Osjetea Briggs' Home]

Date: c. 1970
Creator: unknown
Description: Aerial photo of the home of Osjetea Briggs, which was located just out of the city limits on the highway going toward Rusk.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission