You limited your search to:

  Partner: Heritage House Museum
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
Aerial View of Orange Texas

Aerial View of Orange Texas

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of an aerial view of Orange, Texas. There is a three-story building in the image that was Orange High School until 1923. After that year, another Orange High School was built and the building in the photograph was used as Helen Carr Junior High School. In 1946, the two-story building in this photograph was built as Lutcher Stark High School. The three-story building in the photograph was then torn down, believed to have happened after 1965, and a one-story building was built in its place and became Helen Carr Junior High School.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
[Aerial View of Orange, Texas]

[Aerial View of Orange, Texas]

Date: 1950
Creator: unknown
Description: Aerial photograph of Orange, Texas. Many of the buildings in the photograph are now gone. Mrs. Lutcher Stark of Orange bought most of the downtown properties and built a performing arts theater and museum. The buildings that did survive are mostly occupied by Lamar University, Orange extension. The Sabine River is on the lower left.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
[Aerial View of Orange, Texas]

[Aerial View of Orange, Texas]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Aerial photograph of Orange, Texas. Several roads, buildings, houses, and the Sabine River are visible in the photograph.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
[Aerial View of Orange, Texas]

[Aerial View of Orange, Texas]

Date: 1962
Creator: unknown
Description: Aerial photograph of Orange, Texas. Roads, wooded areas and developed areas can be seen. The Sabine River is on the right side (east of the city.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
[Aerial View of Orange, Texas]

[Aerial View of Orange, Texas]

Date: June 26, 1948
Creator: B.A. Lang
Description: Aerial photograph of Orange Texas along the Sabine River. In the foreground is the railroad tracks and storage buildings, a ship is seen to the left. In the background is the Port of Orange. The building in the foreground is an older Port of Orange. Those buildings have been replaced with a newer Port of Orange. Levingston Shipyard would eventually build on the island in center left. Above the island is the town Orange, and in the background to the discerning eye is Consolidated Steel, or American Bridge division of US Steel and today Signal International.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
[Aerial View of Orange, Texas River Front]

[Aerial View of Orange, Texas River Front]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Aerial photograph of the river front area of Orange, Texas. In the center is Levingston Island. To the right are the shipyards. To the left is the downtown Orange area.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
[Aerial View of Orange Texas Shipyards]

[Aerial View of Orange Texas Shipyards]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Aerial view of the shipyards at Orange Texas along the Sabine River. The bridge to Louisiana is in the upper right. Part of Levingston Island can be seen to the left and downtown Orange is at the top left. This is after WWII and before Levingston expanded to the island on the left.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
[Aerial View of Pinehurst Ranch]

[Aerial View of Pinehurst Ranch]

Date: June 26, 1948
Creator: B.A. Lang
Description: Aerial photograph of the Pinehurst Ranch in Orange, Texas. A long driveway leads up to the ranch. Many trees and buildings are in the photo.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
[Aerial view of Pinehurst, Texas]

[Aerial view of Pinehurst, Texas]

Date: unknown
Creator: B.A. Lang
Description: Aerial photograph of a drive-in movie theater and the MacArthur Traffic Circle in Pinehurst, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
[Aerial View of Rooftops]

[Aerial View of Rooftops]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of an aerial view of several rooftops. There are many unidentifiable buildings in the foreground and a river in the background.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum