You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1970-1979
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2009
[Downtown Water Tower]

[Downtown Water Tower]

Date: 1970~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a water tower in downtown Port Arthur. In the foreground, there are cars on streets, and parked cars in parking lots. In the background, there are buildings; the building directly behind the water tower is identified as the city garage. The water tower was building in 1938 and holds 300,000 gallons.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Lady Bird and Lyndon Johnson at a Book Signing]

[Lady Bird and Lyndon Johnson at a Book Signing]

Date: 1970
Creator: Dietel, Norman
Description: Photograph of Lady Bird Johnson signing her 1970 book, A White House Diary. Lyndon Johnson sits to the right at the table, and other people are visible behind them.
Contributing Partner: LBJ Museum of San Marcos
[Otto Lindig Standing at a Historical Marker with Family]

[Otto Lindig Standing at a Historical Marker with Family]

Date: March 26, 1970
Creator: Dietel, Norman
Description: Photograph of Otto Lindig standing near a historical marker for the Andreas Lindig Lime Kiln with members of his family.
Contributing Partner: LBJ Museum of San Marcos
[Otto Lindig Standing at a Historical Marker with Woman]

[Otto Lindig Standing at a Historical Marker with Woman]

Date: March 26, 1970
Creator: Dietel, Norman
Description: Photograph of Otto Lindig (left) and a woman (right) standing beside an Andreas Lindig Lime Kiln historical marker.
Contributing Partner: LBJ Museum of San Marcos
[Demolition of Mary Gates Hospital and Municipal Building]

[Demolition of Mary Gates Hospital and Municipal Building]

Date: August 1, 1970
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the demolition of Mary Gates Hospital and Municipal Building. The building is partially intact with debris surrounding it. In the background, there is a crane. The building was constructed in 1909 by John W. Gates as a memorial for his mother, Mary Gates. It was used as a Municipal Building after 1930, when a new hospital was built on Ninth Avenue by the Sisters of the Incarnate Word.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[The Monrovian Ship "Nautica"]

[The Monrovian Ship "Nautica"]

Date: 1971~
Creator: Watkins Studio
Description: Photograph of the "Nautica," a tanker owned by the Texas Company, out of Monrovia, Liberia. The ship has has one smokestack as well as many tall cranes, each of which is connected by a large amount of rigging. It is flying the American flag from a pole on the stern.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Otto Lindig Holding His Book with Others]

[Otto Lindig Holding His Book with Others]

Date: July 8, 1971
Creator: Dietel, Norman
Description: Photograph of elderly Otto Lindig sitting at a desk and holding up a copy of his book, "100 Years: Historical Recollections of Gillespie County." A seated woman to the left is holding a corner of the book. An elderly man sits to the left holding a hat. Another elderly man stands to the right.
Contributing Partner: LBJ Museum of San Marcos
[Tugboat Preparing to Pull Tanker]

[Tugboat Preparing to Pull Tanker]

Date: August 9, 1971
Creator: Watkins Studio
Description: Photograph of the Texaco tugboat "Havoline" assisting a full Texaco tanker to the sea with its load. The tanker is labeled as the "Wyoming" out of Wilmington, Delaware. One large smokestack on the bow of the ship carries the Texaco logo. An American flag is also flying from a pole on the bow. Another tanker, the "Nautica" out of Monrovia, is docked nearby.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Tugboats Pulling Tanker to Sea]

[Tugboats Pulling Tanker to Sea]

Date: August 9, 1971
Creator: Watkins Studio
Description: Photograph of the Texaco tugboats "E. M. Black" and "Havoline" assisting a full Texaco tanker to the sea with its load. Various crew members of all three ships are one the decks. The tanker is labeled as the Wyoming out of Wilmington, DE. One large smokestack on the bow of the ship carries the Texaco logo. An American flag is also flying from a pole on the bow.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
Downtown Arlington Ready for Demolition

Downtown Arlington Ready for Demolition

Date: 1972
Creator: Hudspeth, Rural
Description: Photograph of part of downtown Arlington being prepared for a demolition in 1972. It was taken from across an intersection. Among the buildings sectioned off are a pharmacy, Hutton Pianos and Organs, and Walter's Auto Supply. There is a truck by the buildings, and a car is on the road.
Contributing Partner: Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST