You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1970-1979
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2009
[Burial of Lyndon Johnson]

[Burial of Lyndon Johnson]

Date: January 25, 1973
Creator: Dietel, Norman
Description: Photograph of Lyndon Johnson's burial in the Johnson Family Cemetery. Military personnel stand around Johnson's casket to the left, while a man stands with his hand over his chest near tombstones. Military personnel can be seen behind a low stone wall in the background.
Contributing Partner: LBJ Museum of San Marcos
[Burial of Lyndon Johnson]

[Burial of Lyndon Johnson]

Date: January 25, 1973
Creator: Dietel, Norman
Description: Photograph of the burial of Lyndon Johnson at the Johnson Family Cemetery. Military personnel are arranged around Johnson's casket to the lower left. A man stands among tombstones and a U. S. flag to the right. Military personnel are visible in the background.
Contributing Partner: LBJ Museum of San Marcos
[Carol Channing between Watt Matthews and Joe B. Matthews]

[Carol Channing between Watt Matthews and Joe B. Matthews]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Carol Channing standing between Watt Matthews and Joe B. Matthews in front of a covered wagon. Watt Matthews, left, is shorter and is wearing a hat and loose tie. Channing is wearing a broad brimmed cowboy hat and a gun belt. Joe B. Matthews, right, is wearing a cowboy hat, dark rimmed glasses, a vest, and a bandana around his neck.
Contributing Partner: Matthews Family and Lambshead Ranch
[Carol Channing, Watt Matthews, and Cactus Pryor in a Butterfield Stagecoach]

[Carol Channing, Watt Matthews, and Cactus Pryor in a Butterfield Stagecoach]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Carol Channing, Watt Matthews, and Cactus Pryor in a Butterfield stagecoach. "The Butterfield Stage Line" is written across the top of the coach, and "St. Louis, Ft. Griffin, Albany, San Francisco" is written on the door.
Contributing Partner: Matthews Family and Lambshead Ranch
[CavOILcade Parade]

[CavOILcade Parade]

Date: October 26, 1974
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the princesses float for the CavOILcade Parade. One woman is sitting under an arch at the top of the float, and nineteen other women are sitting on the edges of the float. Other parades floats are behind the princesses float. In the background, there is a crowd of people watching the parade.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[CavOILcade Parade Float]

[CavOILcade Parade Float]

Date: October 26, 1974
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the princess float for the CavOILcade Parade. The float consists of a girl, a boy, and a woman wearing a gown, tiara, and sash sitting on a white ramp. They are sitting in front of a structure made of columns with a gold crown shape on the front. In the background, two car floats are following, and there is a crowd of people watching the parade.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[CavOILcade Parade Float]

[CavOILcade Parade Float]

Date: October 26, 1974
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a float at the CavOILcade Parade. The float consists of four older boys wearing yellow shirts and black cowboy hats, sitting around a red and yellow bee mascot in the back of a yellow Chevrolet truck. The truck is decorated with red and gold streamers. In the background, there are people watching the float.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Chevrolet Truck with "Ole Man" Vanity Plate]

[Chevrolet Truck with "Ole Man" Vanity Plate]

Date: 1975~
Creator: Dietel, Norman
Description: Photograph of of the grill of a Chevrolet truck with a vanity plate that says "Ole Man."
Contributing Partner: LBJ Museum of San Marcos
[Concrete Water Tower]

[Concrete Water Tower]

Date: November 13, 1974
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of an aerial view of a concrete water tower on Fourth Street and Dallas Avenue. A parking lot is in front of the tower, and buildings surround it from other directions. Text at the top-left of the photograph says "City of Port Arthur Concrete water tower, built 1938. At 4th and Dallas. 300,000 Gallon[,] Photo: 11/74."
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Demolition of Mary Gates Hospital and Municipal Building]

[Demolition of Mary Gates Hospital and Municipal Building]

Date: August 1, 1970
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the demolition of Mary Gates Hospital and Municipal Building. The building is partially intact with debris surrounding it. In the background, there is a crane. The building was constructed in 1909 by John W. Gates as a memorial for his mother, Mary Gates. It was used as a Municipal Building after 1930, when a new hospital was built on Ninth Avenue by the Sisters of the Incarnate Word.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library