You limited your search to:

 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2010
[4 Alarm Fire at Good and Bryan Street]
Photograph of a four-alarm fire at Good and Bryan Streets. Firefighters stand on the ground with hoses to put out the flames, and a large cloud of smoke is coming off the building. A firetruck is visible in the left foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth117369/
[4-H Children at Farmer's Market]
Photograph of five children wearing 4-H t-shirts at the Dallas Farmer's Market. Two adults stand behind them. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118132/
100th Birthday Celebration for St. Philips Oldest Graduate
Photograph of Mrs. Goldie "Bobbie" Woodward Brooks with her daughters, granddaughters and great grandchildren celebrating her 100th birthday as St. Philips College's oldest living graduate. Handwritten text on the back of the photo says, "Mrs. Brooks w/ her daughters, grand daughters, great grand kids and other relatives - 1998. Normandy Terrance Nursing Home Center" and, in the lower-right corner "Alumni Scrapebook [sic] 1998." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129598/
[1914 St. Philip's Industrial School Graduating Class]
Photograph of the 1914 graduating class of St. Philip's Industrial School at La Villita. Four rows of girls are visible, with all except two wearing mortarboards. Buildings are visible on the sides and in the background. The girls are wearing dresses or jackets and skirts. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129434/
[1918 Longview High School Graduating Class]
Photograph of the 1918 Longview High School graduating class in Longview, Texas. The graduates are wearing dresses and suits, and they are standing on the front steps of a brick building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth403361/
1919 Girls' Basketball Team
Photograph of a group of eight young women identified as the 1919 girls' basketball team. They are posing in a car on the corner of Main Street and McKinney Street in Richardson, Texas. Five of the women are sitting in the car, and three are standing on the sides of the car. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118343/
1919 Richardson High School Football Team
Photograph of twelve students and one coach identified as the Richardson High School football team. Coach W. H. Galloway is standing in between four boys on the back row, and eight boys are sitting in the front row. One boy in the center is holding a football with "R. H. S." written on it. Text below the image says "1919 Richardson High School Football Team." The boys are identified on the back of the image. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118346/
[1921 Ahavath Sholom's First Confirmation Class]
In 1921, Fort Worth’s Congregation Ahavath Sholom introduced the rite of Confirmation, the graduation from religious school that coincides with the Jewish holiday Shavuos when Moses received the Ten Commandments. This picture shows the twelve, 14-year-old girls in the Confirmation class wearing white dresses, holding flowers and certificates rolled up like scrolls. The students are seated in two rows and are identified as: Row 1: Lena Shosid (Cooles), Fannie Herman, unidentified, Hannah Byrens, Bess Lipshitz (Cohen), unidentified Row 2: Sarah Shosid (Bloomberg), unidentified, unidentified, Leah Goldstein (Gerson), unidentified, unidentified An article in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram of June 3, 1921, named each confirmand and also listed Dorothy Cohen, Rose Weinstein, Bertha Mosier, Ida Mosier, Edna Lipshy, and Esther Ablon. Each confirmand addressed the congregation. They completed a course of study in Jewish history, religion and literature. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth117182/
[1921 Longview High School Graduating Class]
Photograph of the 1921 graduating class of Longview High School in Longview, Texas. The unidentified students are standing and sitting in front of a brick building. The young girls are wearing white dresses and hats, and they are holding bouquets. The young men are wearing suits and ties. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth403391/
[1928 Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class]
Photograph of the 1928 Ahavath Sholom confirmation class standing on the altar (called a bimah) of the synagogue located downtown in the 800 block of Taylor Street in Fort Worth, Texas. From left to right, the confirmands are: Rebecca Luskey, Cecile Bodzy, Martha Daiches, Mrs. Abraham Bengis (teacher), Rabbi Abraham Bengis, Esther Klimist, Sally Kruger, Sarah Garston. Behind the confirmands is a replica of the Ten Commandments which rests above the curtained ark, which houses the Torah scrolls. In front of the dais is a seven-branched menorah. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth117183/
[1930 Ahavath Sholom Dues Statement]
Bill for $125 in annual dues for the Ahavath Sholom Congregation, in Fort Worth, Texas. The dues statement is for congregation member, B. Max Mehl. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth117169/
[1932 Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class]
Photograph of the 1932 Ahavath Sholom confirmation class standing around the altar (called a bimah) of the synagogue located at 823 Taylor Street in downtown Fort Worth, Texas. The members of the photograph, from left to right, are: Top row: Sylvia Engler (Roberts), Jesonda Gilbert (Fox), Sadye May Carshon (Garsek), Bessie Resnick, Lillian Rose Rabinowitz (Rosenthal), Rebecca Laves, Pearl Paul, Gussie Kruger, Dorothy Dworkin (Glazer), Sarah Weisblatt (Kragen), Rhoda Kershner. Bottom row: Jennie Moses (Winkler)(teacher), Rabbi Philip Graubart. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth117184/
[1932 Liberty County Officials]
Photograph of head shots of the 1932 Liberty County officials, including C. A. Miles, C. E. Smith, Pat C. Lowe, H. D. Grogan, Ernest Pickett, R. E. Biggs, V. E. Simmons, B. B. Lovett Sapp, Thomas B. Coe, W. W. Jett, E. H. McLean, Gerald Partlow, George L. Farmer, K. B. Rice, J. K. Turner, and Tom Minnock. A picture of a building is placed in the middle of the photo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth117782/
[1934 Weatherford College Glee Club]
Photograph of the Weatherford College Glee Club, in Weatherford, Texas. The young men and women are wearing suits and dresses. From left to right, top to bottom, the members of the photograph are: Top row: Garland Lavender, Cloyce Briden, Archie Sterling, Morris Thomas, Edward Ross, Marvin Wells, Bertram Olsen, Boyce Hudleston, Blanton Bird. Bottom row: James Doss, Rowena Doss Goss, Tim Henry Gilliland, Nona Akard, Waldo Fletcher, Orman Kimbrough. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth403375/
1938 Richardson High School Football Team
Photograph of the 1938 Richardson High School football team. They are seated in bleachers, and posing in three rows. All but two boys are wearing football uniforms; one boy in the center-front row is holding a football. Text below the image says "1938 Football Team," and has each of their names listed. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118349/
1939 Richardson High School Football Team
Photograph of the 1939 Richardson High School Football Team. The boys are posed in five rows with two men on the ends of the fourth row. All but three of the boys are wearing uniforms. They are identified by name on the back of the image. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118348/
[1940 Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class]
Photograph of the 1940 Ahavath Sholom confirmation class standing around the altar of the synagogue located downtown on Taylor Street in Fort Worth, Texas. From left to right, the members of the photograph are: Front row: Bertha Haller, Gloria Sheinberg (Swann). Back row: Rabbi Philip Graubart, Margie Cohen (Levingston), Dorothy Bergman, Jennie Moses (Winkler)(teacher), Dorothy Cohen, Shirley Garston (Cohen), Annie Kaplan, Betty Daiches (Sher). texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth117185/
[1946 Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class]
Photograph of the 1946 Ahavath Sholom confirmation class standing around the altar (called a bimah) of the synagogue located downtown in the 800 block of Taylor Street in Fort Worth, Texas. From left to right, the members of the photograph are: Front Row: Rabbi Charles Blumenthal. Middle Row: Bessie Rutlader, Roselle Cooles, Ruth Spigel, Mary Sankary, Ruth Hendelman, Marilyn Coughey, Margie Weisblatt, Pearl Sankary. Back Row: Marshall Hillman, Sammy Hoffman, Sherwin Rubin. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth117186/
[1952 Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class]
Photograph of the 1952 Ahavath Sholom confirmation class standing near the altar (called a bimah) at the synagogue at 1600 W. Myrtle Street, Fort Worth, Texas. There are six young men wearing black robes in the picture and four young women wearing white robes. From left to right, the confirmands pictured are: Front row: Patsy Ansel, Saradel Applebaum (Baker), Diane Solomon (Oberstein), Estaline Tuck (Gilbert). Back row: Burton Rakoover, Tommy Weitzman, Bernard "Bubba" Rubin, Rabbi Isadore Garsek, Jack Lichtman, Marty Bloomberg. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth117187/
[1961 Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class]
Photograph of the 1961 Ahavath Sholom confirmation class standing around the altar of the synagogue at 1600 W. Myrtle St., Fort Worth, Texas. The women are standing in the front and wearing light-colored robes; the men are standing in the back and wearing dark-colored robes. From left to right, the confirmands pictured are: Front row: Arlene Lois Sonkin, Leslie Faye Kreisberg, Karen Sue Imber, Andrea Bernstein (Deen), Marlene Annette Schwartz, Andrea Ruth Goldberg, Trudy Klimist, Diane Jane Mehl. Second row: Harold Zenick, Helen Susan Hillman, Gail S. Shandelson, Ellen Bari Brachman, Carol Klimist, Sally Ann Schumer, Karen Ann Lerner. Third row: Michael Raskin, Ronald Herzfeld, Lawrence J. Korenman, Edward H. Garsek, Gerald Zenick, Sanford Bogart, Charles Morton Coughey, Tommy Lee Stanley. Back row: Ronald D. Savitz, Herbert Weisblatt, Ben P. Herman, Cantor Phillip Kirshner, Rabbi Isadore Garsek, Ben D. Tobor, Sherwin Coplin, Richard J. Savitz. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth117188/
1970-1971 St. Philip's College Basketball Team
Photograph of the St. Philip's College Tigers basketball team. Six males are kneeling in the front row, four of whom are touching a basketball in front of them. Seven males are standing in the back row. They are all wearing shirts that say "Tigers". A St. Philip's College banner and the basketball hoop are visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129485/
1970-1971 St. Philip's College Basketball Team
Photograph of the 1970-1971 St. Philip's College basketball team. Six males are kneeling in the front row, four of whom are touching a basketball in front of them. Seven males are standing in the back row. They are all wearing a uniform with shorts and a sleeveless top that says "St. Philip's", except the two males on either end of the front row. Those two males are wearing t-shirts that say "Tigers". A St. Philip's College banner and a basketball hoop are visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129486/
[1st Fire Alarm Dispatch Office]
Photograph of a man with a telephone pressed to his ear, sitting at a table covered with electrical equipment. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth117376/
40th Reunion
Photograph of happy guests at the 40th plus reunion, in the picture guests are enjoying food and beverages with one another. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129640/
[Abandoned Bridge]
Photograph of an abandoned bridge. Handwritten note on reverse reads, "Abandoned bridge across Elm Fork of the Trinity River between Fish Trap Road and the T&P RR Co. in Denton Co." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth139646/
[Ablon Poultry & Egg Co.]
Photograph of the Ablon Poultry & Egg Co. storefront. Crates are stacked against the loading dock. On the ride side, a truck packed with crates is parked. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118108/
[Ablon Poultry & Egg Co.]
Photograph of the storefront of Ablon Poultry & Eggs. Crates are stacked against the front wall. Two carts are situated to the right of the crates, behind which a car is parked. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118107/
[Ablon Poultry & Egg Co. Storefront]
Photograph of the Leon Margules Wholesale Produce storefront. Crates are stacked against the storefront's front wall. Small trucks are parked in front of the store. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118086/
[Ablon Poultry & Egg Co. Storefront]
Photograph of the Ablon Poultry & Egg Co. storefront. Crates are stacked within a mesh wire case. Cars are parked along the street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118085/
Academy of the Sacred Heart Convent and School
Aeriel photograph of Hallettsville. Sacred Heart Music Hall is on the left and Sacred Heart Catholic Church is on the right. The central building in view is Sacred Heart Academy. In the foreground of Sacred Heart Academy is a fenced in yard. There is a road with a fence on either side that runs in between the buildings. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128813/
An Account of the Early History of Surgery in Texas
This presidential address covers the early history of surgery in Texas, including the development of the specialty, early surgical procedures, the first medical associations and organizations, as well as discussions of notable Texas surgeons. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth143533/
[Administrative Team for 1998]
Photograph of the Administrative Team for 1998: Alvoid R. Bennett, Sylvia V. Robinson, Ruben Izaguirre, Angela McPherson Williams, Evelyn Wilkins, Elizath Ramirez, Sharon Crockett-Bell, Debra Gee, Dr. Lynn Hills and Dr. Charles A. Taylor. They are standing in the Heritage Room in front of an open door and a plant in the corner of a room. Dr. Taylor's hands are resting on a podium, which is visible in the far right of the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth129319/
[Aerator at White Rock Lake]
Photograph of an aerator at White Rock Lake, as identified by a typed note on reverse. White Rock Lake is a reservoir located in Dallas, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth139677/
[Aerial of California Crossing]
Aerial photograph of a body of water surrounded by trees. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth139552/
[Aerial of California Dam]
Aerial photograph of the California Dam. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth139550/
[Aerial Photograph of a Lake]
Aerial photograph of a lake. Logo in bottom right of photogrpah reads, "Another Squire Haskins Photo." A Squire Haskins stamp can be found on the reverse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth139634/
[Aerial Photograph of Alamo and East San Juan]
Photograph of a portion San Juan, Texas and Alamo, Texas taken as part of an agricultural survey. This aerial image includes the area roughly bordered by San Juan Road (on the left) and Alamo Road (on the right), and around Expressway 83 which runs along the center of the photograph. Various plots of land are labeled in red with coded numbers. Identified landmarks include: Alamo Land and Sugar Co., John Closner Sub., and The Lott Tr. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth90975/
[Aerial Photograph of Central Hidalgo]
Photograph of central Hidalgo, Texas taken as part of an agricultural survey. This aerial image includes the area roughly bordered by Depot Road (on the left), McColl Road (on the right), and north of the Rio Grande River (on the bottom; not shown). Various plots of land are labeled in red with coded numbers. Identified landmarks include: Rio Bravo Sub., Hidalgo Canal Copmany Sub., and the bridge to Reynosa, Mexico. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth90996/
[Aerial Photograph of Central McAllen between Ware and McColl Roads]
Photograph of central McAllen, Texas taken as part of an agricultural survey. This aerial image includes the area roughly bordered by Ware Road (on the left; not shown), McColl Road (on the right), and north of Hackberry Street (on the bottom). Various plots of land are labeled in red with coded numbers. Identified landmarks include: McAllen High School, Tourist Court, Klinks Drug Store, and McAllen Memorial Library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth90999/
[Aerial Photograph of Dam]
Photograph of a dam taken from an aerial perspective. On reverse is a City of Dallas Official Staff Photo stamp. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth139643/
[Aerial Photograph of Downtown Edinburg]
Photograph of central Edinburg, Texas taken as part of an agricultural survey. This aerial image includes the downtown area of Edinburg roughly bordered by 4th Avenue (on the left) and San Juan Road (on the right). Various plots of land are labeled in red with coded numbers. Identified landmarks include: Edinburg Municipal Golf Course, Hidalgo County Courthouse, and Lincoln School. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth90986/
[Aerial Photograph of Downtown McAllen]
Photograph of downtown McAllen, Texas taken as part of an agricultural survey. This aerial image includes the area roughly bordered by Ware Road (on the left; not shown), McColl Road (on the right), and south of F.M. 495, or Pecan Avenue (on the top; not shown). Various plots of land are labeled in red with coded numbers. Identified landmarks include: football stadium (on 10th Street), Rose Garden Cemetery, Kroger's, Globe Store, Fiesta Drive-In Theatre, Golf Course, and Country Club. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth90998/
[Aerial Photograph of East McAllen and South Pharr]
Photograph of east McAllen, Texas and south Pharr, Texas taken as part of an agricultural survey. This aerial image includes the area roughly bordered by McColl Road (on the left), U.S. Highway 281 (on the right), and north of Military Highway (on the bottom; not shown). Various plots of land are labeled in red with coded numbers. Identified landmarks include: Steele-Pershing Sub., J.C. Kelly Sub., and McColl Sub. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth90982/
[Aerial Photograph of Edinburg Airport and Highway 107]
Photograph of Edinburg, Texas airport taken as part of an agricultural survey. This aerial image includes the area roughly bordered by Depot Road (on the left), McColl Road (on the right), and south of 9 Mile Line Road (on the top). Various plots of land are labeled in red with coded numbers. Identified landmark include: Edinburg Airport. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth91002/
[Aerial Photograph of Grapevine Lake]
Aerial photograph of Grapevine Lake. Reverse is stamped with a Squire Haskins logo. A handwritten note on the reverse reads: "Grapevine Lake return to Henry V. Graesen 304 City Hall Dallas." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth139633/
[Aerial Photograph of North Alamo]
Photograph of a portion of north Alamo, Texas taken as part of an agricultural survey. This aerial image includes the area roughly bordered by San Juan Road (on the left) and Alamo Road (on the right), and north of FM 495. Various plots of land are labeled in red with coded numbers. Identified landmarks include: John Closner Sub., and Alamo Land and Sugar Co. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth90976/
[Aerial Photograph of North Edinburg between Monte Cristo and Schunior Roads]
Photograph of north Edinburg, Texas taken as part of an agricultural survey. This aerial image includes the area roughly bordered by Sugar Road (on the left), "M" Road (on the right), and north of Schunior Road (on the bottom; not shown). Various plots of land are labeled in red with coded numbers. Identified landmarks include: Lull, Tex-Mex, and Lincoln School. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth90985/
[Aerial Photograph of North McAllen and South Edinburg]
Photograph of north McAllen, Texas and south Edinburg, Texas taken as part of an agricultural survey. This aerial image includes the area roughly bordered by 2nd Street (on the left), U.S. Highway 281 (on the right), and north of El Dora Road (on the bottom). Various plots of land are labeled in red with coded numbers. Identified landmarks include: Steele-Pershing Sub., H.J. McColl Sub., and J.C. Kelly Sub. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth90978/
[Aerial Photograph of North McAllen between Ware and McColl Roads]
Photograph of north McAllen, Texas taken as part of an agricultural survey. This aerial image includes the area roughly bordered by Ware Road (on the left), McColl Road (on the right), and north of Earling Road (on the bottom). Various plots of land are labeled in red with coded numbers. Identified landmarks include: Hidalgo Canal Company Sub. and Steele-Pershing Sub. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth91000/
[Aerial Photograph of North Pharr and Southeast Edinburg]
Photograph of north Pharr, Texas and southeast Edinburg, Texas taken as part of an agricultural survey. This aerial image is bordered by U.S. 281 (on the left), San Juan Road (on the right), and Trenton Road (on the top; partially not shown). Various plots of land are labeled in red with coded numbers. Identified landmarks include: Sale Barn, Tiny Acres Sub., and Lopezville. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth90988/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST