You limited your search to:

 Language: Hebrew
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2010
[1930 Ahavath Sholom Dues Statement]

[1930 Ahavath Sholom Dues Statement]

Date: October 28, 1930
Creator: Ahavath Sholom Congregation
Description: Bill for $125 in annual dues for the Ahavath Sholom Congregation, in Fort Worth, Texas. The dues statement is for congregation member, B. Max Mehl.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Freeman-Fram Marriage Certificate]

[Freeman-Fram Marriage Certificate]

Date: 1913
Creator: unknown
Description: Printed marriage certificate (called a "Ketubah" in Hebrew) for Nathan Freeman of Waco, Texas, and Etta Rebecca Fram of Dallas, Texas. The couple were married on January 19, 1913, by Rev. Abraham Fram, Etta's father and the cantor at Dallas' Sheareth Israel Congregation. The Hebrew quotation at the top of the document translates as: "The voice of joy; the voice of happiness; the voice of the groom and the voice of the bride." There is an illustration of a marriage ceremony at the top of the certificate in blue ink.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Sample Jewish Marriage Certificate]

[Sample Jewish Marriage Certificate]

Date: 1990
Creator: Rabbinical Assembly
Description: Sample marriage certificate (called a Ketubah) presented to couples married at the Congregation Ahavath Sholom in Fort Worth, Texas as of 1990. The certificate includes three panels. On the far left, text primarily in English describes the vows of marriage. In the center, the main text of the certificate is in Hebrew with blanks for specific information; the text is surrounded by illustrations of plants and crops. On the far right there are lines for names and signatures of participants and witnesses. This form was designed by the Rabbinical Assembly (an organization of American Conservative rabbis).
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Wooden Platter]

[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Wooden Platter]

Date: 1999
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Close-up photograph of a stained-glass window pane depicting a wooden platter in the shape of a Jewish star with a double eagle at the center and the date 1770 (in Hebrew). It is one of more than two dozen circular stained-glass discs created in 1947 for the sanctuary of Fort Worth's Temple Beth-El; most of the images were copied from a book on Jewish treasures to represent a collection of Judaica in miniature. This kind of platter is meant to hold Matzo at Passover. The double eagle is a symbol of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. When Beth-El moved in August of 2000, this pane was removed, framed and presented to Broadway Baptist Church, Beth-El's long-time neighbor on Broadway Avenue on the city's near Southside.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Stained Glass Window Pane of the Ten Commandments]

[Stained Glass Window Pane of the Ten Commandments]

Date: 1999
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph of a stained-glass window pane depicting two stone tablets inscribed with the Ten Commandments; each of the lines contains the opening words of a commandment. It is one of more than two dozen circular stained-glass discs created for the sanctuary of Fort Worth's Temple Beth-El; most of the images were copied from a book on Jewish treasures to represent a collection of Judaica in miniature. When the congregation moved to a new building, this disc was removed and placed in the Temple Archives.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives