This system will be undergoing maintenance Tuesday, September 30, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM CDT.

  You limited your search to:

 County: Gregg County, TX
 Language: No Language
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2010
[1918 Longview High School Graduating Class]
Photograph of the 1918 Longview High School graduating class in Longview, Texas. The graduates are wearing dresses and suits, and they are standing on the front steps of a brick building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth403361/
[1921 Longview High School Graduating Class]
Photograph of the 1921 graduating class of Longview High School in Longview, Texas. The unidentified students are standing and sitting in front of a brick building. The young girls are wearing white dresses and hats, and they are holding bouquets. The young men are wearing suits and ties. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth403391/
[Albert and Ada Morgan]
Photograph of Albert Elonza Morgan and Ada Fisher Morgan of Longview, Texas. Mr. and Mrs. Morgan are pictured outside a house covered in ivy. They are buried at Grace Hill Cemetery in Longview. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191262/
[Bish Mathis Typewriting School]
Photograph of the staff of the Bish Mathis Typewriting School in Longview, Texas. Mathis opened the school in 1935 on Green Street, where it remained until 1937. He then moved the school to the Glover Crim Building. From left to right, the staff members pictured are: Top row: Bish Mathis, Don Khoury, John Ben Sheppard, unknown. Bottom row: unknown, Oscar Jones, Josh Moore. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191277/
[Bivins Residence]
Photograph of the family home of Maurice H. Bivins, in Longview, Texas. The home was called Surrey Place, and it was located at 208 East College Street. The "Friendly Trek" group is standing in front of the house in full costume, as noted on the back of the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth403379/
[Bodie Park]
Photograph of Bodie Park in downtown Longview, Texas. The park contained a Confederate Monument and was located across from the First National Bank at the corner of Methvin and Tyler streets. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191205/
[Brown, Crain and Boring Families]
Photograph of the Brown, Crain and Boring families of Longview, Texas. The family members are pictured on the front porch of Bluford W. Brown's home, which was located at 104 W. Whaley Street. From left to right, top to bottom, the family members pictured are: Top row: Newton Brown, Iris Boyd Brown, Edward E. Crain, Lula Frances Brown-Crain, Mittie F. Brown-Bruce, Robert Halsey Bruce, Emma Brown-Boring, Walter Brown, Oscar Brown, Johanna Clark-Brown. Second row: Bluford W. Brown, Lacy (Maydee) Eddins (sitting in Bluford's lap), Elliot, Mannie Brown, Nancy Cox Brown, Lynn Brown (sitting in Nancy's lap), Mattie Carroll. Third row: Jessie Boring-Bramlette, Elmo Brown, Tad B. Stinchcomb. Bottom row: Emory Boring, Joseph Boring, Fred Brown, Ethel Brown, B. W. Crain, Sr., Lillo Crain. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth403364/
[S. C. Forman Hardware Store]
Photograph of the S. C. Forman Hardware storefront in Longview, Texas. S. C. Forman owned and operated the hardware store, and he doubled as a mortician. There are two unidentified men standing outside of the hardware store. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191285/
[Campbell's Lake]
Photograph of the construction of Campbell's Lake, a man-made lake in Gladewater, Texas. The lake dam was built by T & P Railroad. The lake is now known as Lake Devernia. From left to right, the members of the photograph are: Crawford Morgan, E. B. Protho, J. N. Campbell and W. K. Eckman. The photograph is mounted on gray cardboard. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191219/
[Campus Ward School Students]
Photograph of the sixth grade class of Campus Ward School in Longview, Texas. The photograph is mounted on gray cardboard. From left to right, top to bottom, the students pictured are: Top row: unknown, Lucille Morgan, Elva Lou Conyus, unknown, Julia Myrle Morgan. Middle row: unknown, unknown, Clorine Renshaw, Dorothy Earl Watson. Bottom row: Josephine Hopkins, Florine Eddins, Frances Morgan, unknown. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191203/
[Chaney Family]
Photograph of the Chaney family of Longview, Texas. Mr. Robert R. Chaney and Mrs. Mary Ellen Johnson Chaney are pictured with three of their unidentified children. The family moved from Longview to Lometa, Texas some time between 1900-1910, but later moved their family of nine children back to Longview. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191195/
[Christmas Card]
Photographic postcard of Longview School students standing outside of a brick building in Longview, Texas. There is an illustration of Santa Claus and his reindeer on the right side of the postcard, with the greeting: "Merry Christmas." From left to right, top to bottom, the students pictured are: Top row: Junior Flewellen, John Morrow, Lawrence Chaney. Second row: Betty Oliver, Flo Bramlette, Dory Van Orten. Third row: Kathleen Howard, Marie Brown, Annie Brown, Ruth Buchanan, Pearl Foster. Fourth row: B. W. Crain, Willis McDaniel, Lidnal Clark, Willie Hurst. Bottom row: Lamar, Brownie Protho, Noel Mobberly, Margaret Levy, John C. Brown texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191248/
[Citizens National Bank]
Photograph of the inside of Citizens National Bank in Longview, Texas. There are three men standing inside the bank lobby, and there is one man standing behind the teller's window. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191296/
[Citizens National Bank]
Photograph of the Everett Building in Longview, Texas. The original Everett Building was constructed in 1910 as the Citizens National Bank and originally housed a number of businesses, including M. L. Cunningham, Lawyer and Notary Public; A. J. Stewart, Dentist; and Drs. Northcutt and Markham, Physicians and Surgeons. It now houses the Gregg County Historical Museum on Fredonia Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth403381/
[Cody B. Culpepper]
Photograph of Cody B. Culpepper of Longview, Texas. Mr. Culpepper was Longview's primary photographer and historian. Mr. Culpepper is standing next to his camera in the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth403392/
[Confederate Soldiers of Gregg County]
Photograph of the Confederate soldiers of Gregg County. The soldiers are pictured outside a house, and two men are holding a large Confederate flag in the background. From left to right, top to bottom, the soldiers pictured are: Top row: John McClain, Brad Johnson, J. M. Rosson, J. L. Finch, Frank Young, T. E. Kennard, J. M. Spinks, and Ben Spinks. Bottom row: J. K. Bivins, Mr. Lane, Emory Prothro, unidentified, G. Rowe, unidentified, Mr. Tyson, Mr. Tutt, Robert F. Echols, unidentified. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191290/
[Confederate Veterans of Gregg County]
Photograph of the 1903 meeting of the Gregg County Veterans of the Confederate States Army in Gregg County, Texas. The members pictured gathered to commemorate their participation in the Civil War. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191291/
[Constantine B. Kilgore and Frances Y. Barnett]
Photograph of Constantine Buckley Kilgore and Frances Y. Barnett of Kilgore, Texas. The city of Kilgore was named after Constantine Kilgore, who was responsible for bringing the railroad to East Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191194/
[Constructed Building]
Photograph of the new Longview Public Library construction site in Longview, Texas. The constructed brick library is in the center of the photograph, and it has large glass doors and a metal awning. There are rectangular and circular cement fixtures on the ground in front of the library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191165/
[Construction Site]
Photograph of the new Longview Public Library construction site in Longview, Texas. There is a bare building frame in the center of the photograph, and a constructed building in the background. There are tire tracks leading up to a truck on the right side of the library construction site, and there is a crane parked on the left side. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191164/
[Cotton Compress]
Photograph of an early cotton compress in Longview, Texas. When cotton was brought in to Longview, it was left in stacks on the street in front of F. T. Rembert's office. Eventually, the street where Rembert's office and businesses were located was named Cotton Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191264/
[Culpepper Christmas Card]
Greeting card with a photographic print from the family of Cody and Maud Culpepper of Longview, Texas. The couple are pictured sitting in a horse-drawn car, and there is a colored illustration of a candlestick. The card includes a note that reads: "With the best of Holiday Wishes." It is signed by the couple. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth403370/
[Culpepper's Studio]
Photograph of Cody B. Culpepper's photography studio in Longview, Texas. Culpepper and his brother Tom are standing outside the studio, underneath the studio sign. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191286/
[T. D. Coupland Goods]
Photograph of the employees of T. D. Coupland Goods in Longview, Texas. The employees are all standing outside of the store. From left to right, the employees pictured are: Searcy Birdsong, T. D. Coupland, Connie Birdsong, Minnie Shellman, C. E. Bailey, Kate Roe, Tom McClain, and J. Willis Booth. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191287/
[Domed Building]
Photograph of the inside of the main section of the new Longview Public Library in Longview, Texas. There is a large, illuminated cupola in the center of the photograph, and there is tall, metal scaffolding near the left side of the cupola. There are three men working on the inside of the library, and one of the men is holding a ladder. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191166/
[Downtown Longview]
Photograph of downtown Longview, Texas in its early years. There are many unidentified brick buildings pictured in the photograph. There are horse-drawn carriages parked throughout the downtown area, and there are people walking in the street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191224/
[Dr. Howard A. Ross]
Photograph of Dr. Howard A. Ross, who was one of Longview's prominent physicians. Dr. Ross is smoking a cigar and showing off his dog, a collie, to the camera. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191190/
[Dr. W. M. Cole and Chris Hines]
Photograph of Dr. W. M. Cole and Chris Hines of Longview, Texas. The men are standing, and they are shaking hands. Dr. Cole was a founding member and the first president of the Gregg County Medical Society. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth403385/
[Eckman Residence]
Photograph of the Eckman family residence, located at 311 South Fredonia Street, in Longview, Texas. There are two women, two men and two young girls standing in the yard, and there is a woman standing in the window on the left side of the photograph. There is a white picket fence in front of the house. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191214/
[Emancipation Day for the Mules]
Photograph of "Emancipation Day for the Mules" in Longview, Texas, as noted on the trolley banner on the front of the photograph. O. H. Methvin, one of Longview's biggest supporters, emancipated his mules in 1911 to make way for the electric trolley. There are men, women and children gathered in and around one of the trolley cars. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191269/
[First Baptist Church of Longview]
Photograph of the First Baptist Church congregation in Longview, Texas. The men, women and children in the photograph are standing in front of the church, located at the corner of South Fredonia and South Street. They are dressed in suits, hats and dresses. The pastor, Reverend J. E. Hughes, is standing left of center in a long, black coat. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191212/
[First Christian Church]
Photograph of the First Christian Church in Longview, Texas. The church was established in 1872 by nine resident members of the Old School Southern Presbyterian Church. There are several people walking on the sidewalk around the church. A salon, called Mi Lady Beauty Shoppe, is pictured to the left of the church. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191298/
[First Longview High School]
Photographic postcard of the first Longview High School in Longview, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191242/
[First Methodist Church of Longview]
Photograph of the First Methodist Church of Longview, Texas. The church was founded around 1840 in the section of Longview that later became Earpville. In 1871, the church building was moved to a plot of ground given by the Texas and Pacific Railroad. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191329/
[First Presbyterian Church of Longview]
Photograph of the First Presbyterian Church in Longview, Texas. The church was built in 1874 on land donated by the Texas & Pacific Railroad. There are several cars parked on the street outside of the church. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191331/
[Fowler Sayres Howard]
Photograph of Fowler Sayres "Buck" Howard, of Longview, Texas, as noted on the back of the photograph. Mr. Howard is wearing a suit, a bow tie, and white gloves. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191257/
[Frank Goldstein Store and City Meat Market]
Photograph of the corner of Cotton and Fredonia Streets in Longview, Texas. The Frank Goldstein Store, the City Meat Market, and a furniture store are pictured in the photograph. The Rembert Theatre and the Rembert Building are pictured to the right of the Frank Goldstein Store. There is a crowd of people standing in the street, and a freshly slaughtered cow is being delivered to the meat market. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191223/
[Frank T. Rembert]
Photographic postcard of Frank T. Rembert, a telegrapher from Copiah County, Mississippi. Mr. Rembert moved to Longview, Texas in 1877. Mr. Rembert is wearing a suit and a hat, and he is sitting in a wicker chair. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191260/
[Gans Residence]
Photographic postcard of the family home of Dave Gans of Longview, Texas. There are six unidentified individuals sitting on the large, wrap-around porch, and there is an African American woman standing in the yard. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191276/
[Gaston Howard]
Photographic postcard of Gaston Howard of Longview, Texas. Howard is pictured wearing his full uniform. The photograph was taken in Paris, France, as noted on the back of the postcard. Howard enlisted as a Private, and came home from the war as a Sergeant. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth403386/
[Gregg County Courthouse]
Photograph of the Gregg County Courthouse, in Longview, Texas. There are several horse-drawn carriages parked outside the courthouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191221/
[Grover Finch]
Photograph of Grover Finch, the former superintendent of the Longview School systems and a member of the Chamber of Commerce. Finch is wearing a suit with a deer lapel pin on the collar. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191245/
[A. H. Phillips and Son]
Photograph of A. H. Phillips and Son, a general store that was located in Longview, Texas. Phillips, his sons, as well as an unidentified man are all pictured standing outside of the store. The store sold radios, groceries, and other items. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191288/
[Hill Residence]
Photograph of the Hill family residence, located at the 300 block of South Center Street, in Longview, Texas. Mr. Richard Cabell Hill and Mrs. Martha Hill are standing outside of their home with an unidentified African American boy and girl. There is a white picket fence in front of the house. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191213/
[Historic Campbell Residence]
Photograph of the family home of Thomas Mitchell Campbell, the former Governor of Texas. The home was built by Campbell for his wife, Fannie Bruner, in 1889. The house was located in Longview, Texas. The home became a historical landmark in 1965. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191229/
[Holloway School]
Photograph of the Holloway school students in Longview, Texas. The school was located on Mobberly Street. The photograph is torn and deteriorated in many areas. The children's names are listed on the back of the photograph in a random order. The legible names are: John Akins, John Morrow, Walter Jacobs, Jimmie McDonal, Bertie Smith, Edwin Durham, Charlie Morgan, John Walker, Sammie Dodge, Trixie Needham, Pollie Mundess, Charles Scott, Sadie Mundess, and Alice Renfro. J. V. Butts is seated to the right, in an early style wheelchair. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191249/
[Holloway School in Longview]
Photograph of the students of Holloway School in Longview, Texas. From left to right, front to back, the members of the photograph pictured are: Front row: Sidney Birdsong, Dee McHaney, Carlton Holloway, Will McHaney, Howard Hill, Searcy Birdsong. Second row: Gladys Hill, Myrtle Dean, Tuessie Harrison, Minnie Hill, Gertrude Harrison, Mrytle Phillips. Third row: Jess Pool, Alton Holloway, Ollie Kate Hill, Juddie Holloway, Alamo Birdsong, Sallie McHaney, Charles Pool, Dee Pliler. Back row: Lindsey Dean, Miss Annie Lee Holloway (teacher), Charley Akin, Roy Dean. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth403378/
[Hoskins Residence]
Photographic postcard of the family home of Joseph M. Hoskins, located at 210 South Green Street in Longview, Texas. The back of the home is pictured, and Mr. and Mrs. Hoskins are sitting on the back porch. There are wisteria vines lining the porch. The home was built in 1902. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191231/
[Howard and Carter Wedding Party]
Photograph of the wedding party of Kathleen Howard and Joseph D. Carter of Longview, Texas. There are several unidentified family members and guests in the photograph; all known members are listed on the back of the photograph. From left to right, top to bottom, the members pictured are: Top row: Luke Cole, Mrs. Joe Battle, Birdie Fisher, Bo Brown, Garland Smith, Tracy Flanagan, Flo Bramlette, Sadie Spradling, Anita Howard, Mr. and Mrs. J. D. Roach. Second row: Anna Coleman, Mrs. W. F. Wood, Camie F. Gray, Joseph D. Carter, Kathleen Howard, Laura Howard, Mr. McGinnis, Gladys Howard, Mr. and Mrs. Jackson C. Howard (parents of the bride). Bottom row: Agnes Brown, W. C. Hixson, Shep (family dog). texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191267/
[Humble Oil Well]
Photograph of the workers of the Humble oil well #22. From left to right, the workers pictured are: Fowler, Ward, Bob Robinson, Dee Ferrell and Clyde Sublett. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191280/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT LAST