You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1880-1889
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2010
[Brown, Crain and Boring Families]

[Brown, Crain and Boring Families]

Date: 1880~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Brown, Crain and Boring families of Longview, Texas. The family members are pictured on the front porch of Bluford W. Brown's home, which was located at 104 W. Whaley Street. From left to right, top to bottom, the family members pictured are: Top row: Newton Brown, Iris Boyd Brown, Edward E. Crain, Lula Frances Brown-Crain, Mittie F. Brown-Bruce, Robert Halsey Bruce, Emma Brown-Boring, Walter Brown, Oscar Brown, Johanna Clark-Brown. Second row: Bluford W. Brown, Lacy (Maydee) Eddins (sitting in Bluford's lap), Elliot, Mannie Brown, Nancy Cox Brown, Lynn Brown (sitting in Nancy's lap), Mattie Carroll. Third row: Jessie Boring-Bramlette, Elmo Brown, Tad B. Stinchcomb. Bottom row: Emory Boring, Joseph Boring, Fred Brown, Ethel Brown, B. W. Crain, Sr., Lillo Crain.
Contributing Partner: Longview Public Library
[Campbell's Lake]

[Campbell's Lake]

Date: 1880~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the construction of Campbell's Lake, a man-made lake in Gladewater, Texas. The lake dam was built by T & P Railroad. The lake is now known as Lake Devernia. From left to right, the members of the photograph are: Crawford Morgan, E. B. Protho, J. N. Campbell and W. K. Eckman. The photograph is mounted on gray cardboard.
Contributing Partner: Longview Public Library
Fey and Braunig Studio

Fey and Braunig Studio

Date: 1887~
Creator: Fey & Braunig
Description: Photograph of the Fey and Braunig Studio in Hallettsville, Texas. On the back, is a handwritten note that says "This is a picture of the first Fey & Braunig studio and skylight in Hallettsville, Texas when Fey and Braunig decided to establish a permanent studio in Hallettsville as well as the one in Cuero, Texas." Another note on the back states that the studio was located north of the present day Hallettsville Lumber Company building on Hwy. 77. According to the accompanying article, the photo belonged to Mrs. H. H. Ahrens, daughter of the late H. G. Braunig, who is pictured standing under the sign. The building had a skylight.
Contributing Partner: Friench Simpson Memorial Library
Floresville Academy Students (Literary Lovely)

Floresville Academy Students (Literary Lovely)

Date: 1884
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Floresville Academy students. Pictured from left to right are: Top Left; Green Gillett Back Row; Zella Dickey, Annie Hassay, Kate Isviss, Jennie Bayles, Lola Gilleth, Eugene Dickey, Bob Seale Middle Row; Julia Agee, Morra Garrison, Osie Lawhon, Mary Houston, Carrie Evans, Maria Agee, Nannie, Houston, Garrison Front Row; Alonzo Franks, unknown, Grnest LeLivingson, Professor Lopas, Allie Murrary, Ebbie Agee, Claude Thomas
Contributing Partner: Wilson County Historical Society
[Historic Campbell Residence]

[Historic Campbell Residence]

Date: 1889
Creator: Claxton Studio
Description: Photograph of the family home of Thomas Mitchell Campbell, the former Governor of Texas. The home was built by Campbell for his wife, Fannie Bruner, in 1889. The house was located in Longview, Texas. The home became a historical landmark in 1965.
Contributing Partner: Longview Public Library
[Holloway School]

[Holloway School]

Date: 1880~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Holloway school students in Longview, Texas. The school was located on Mobberly Street. The photograph is torn and deteriorated in many areas. The children's names are listed on the back of the photograph in a random order. The legible names are: John Akins, John Morrow, Walter Jacobs, Jimmie McDonal, Bertie Smith, Edwin Durham, Charlie Morgan, John Walker, Sammie Dodge, Trixie Needham, Pollie Mundess, Charles Scott, Sadie Mundess, and Alice Renfro. J. V. Butts is seated to the right, in an early style wheelchair.
Contributing Partner: Longview Public Library
J. H. Appelt Building

J. H. Appelt Building

Date: 1889
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the J. H. Appelt Building in 1889. There are people standing around the building and a man in a cart pulled by two mules. This is a brick two-story building with lots of windows. According to accompanying information, this saloon was located at Third and LaGrange Streets in Hallettsville and was built in 1888-89, and there was a fire in 1890 which resulted in the left side of the building being torn down and rebuilt.
Contributing Partner: Friench Simpson Memorial Library
[Longview Home]

[Longview Home]

Date: 1880~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of one of the early, rustic homes built in Longview, Texas. There is an unidentified man and woman standing in the front yard.
Contributing Partner: Longview Public Library
[Longview Lumber Race]

[Longview Lumber Race]

Date: 1880~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of lumber haulers using mules to haul their lumber loads through downtown Longview, Texas. Different companies competed to haul the largest load to the sawmill, and the winner who hauled the largest load the fastest received a prize.
Contributing Partner: Longview Public Library
[Longview Railroad Workers]

[Longview Railroad Workers]

Date: 1880~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of unidentified railroad workers in Longview, Texas. The workers are standing next to several railroad cars loaded for transport. The photograph is mounted on tan paper.
Contributing Partner: Longview Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 NEXT LAST