You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1950-1959
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2010
[1952 Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class]

[1952 Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class]

Date: Nov. 20, 1952
Creator: Photo by Hall Bakke Photography, 3434 University Drive, Fort Worth, TX
Description: Photograph of the 1952 Ahavath Sholom confirmation class standing near the altar (called a bimah) at the synagogue at 1600 W. Myrtle Street, Fort Worth, Texas. There are six young men wearing black robes in the picture and four young women wearing white robes. From left to right, the confirmands pictured are: Front row: Patsy Ansel, Saradel Applebaum (Baker), Diane Solomon (Oberstein), Estaline Tuck (Gilbert). Back row: Burton Rakoover, Tommy Weitzman, Bernard "Bubba" Rubin, Rabbi Isadore Garsek, Jack Lichtman, Marty Bloomberg.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Ablon Poultry & Egg Co.]

[Ablon Poultry & Egg Co.]

Date: August 23, 1958
Creator: Dallas (Tex.)
Description: Photograph of the storefront of Ablon Poultry & Eggs. Crates are stacked against the front wall. Two carts are situated to the right of the crates, behind which a car is parked.
Contributing Partner: Dallas Municipal Archives
[Ablon Poultry & Egg Co. Storefront]

[Ablon Poultry & Egg Co. Storefront]

Date: July 23, 1958
Creator: Dallas (Tex.)
Description: Photograph of the Leon Margules Wholesale Produce storefront. Crates are stacked against the storefront's front wall. Small trucks are parked in front of the store.
Contributing Partner: Dallas Municipal Archives
[Ablon Poultry & Egg Co. Storefront]

[Ablon Poultry & Egg Co. Storefront]

Date: July 28, 1959
Creator: Dallas (Tex.)
Description: Photograph of the Ablon Poultry & Egg Co. storefront. Crates are stacked within a mesh wire case. Cars are parked along the street.
Contributing Partner: Dallas Municipal Archives
[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue]

[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue]

Date: September 1952
Creator: W. D. Smith Commercial Photography
Description: Photograph of the Ahavath Sholom Congregation's third synagogue, located at the intersection of Eighth Avenue and Myrtle Street in Fort Worth, Texas. The $400,000 building, designed by architect Charles O. Chromaster and built by Rambo Construction Co., was completed in the Fall of 1952.The congregation remained at that location until December 1980.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Alley Near Dallas Farmer's Market ]

[Alley Near Dallas Farmer's Market ]

Date: July 23, 1958
Creator: Dallas (Tex.)
Description: Photograph of an alleyway. Crates are stacked against the back wall of a building. A car is parked behind them.
Contributing Partner: Dallas Municipal Archives
Arapaho Road at U. S. 75

Arapaho Road at U. S. 75

Date: 1958~
Creator: Martin, Jerry
Description: Photograph of an intersection of Arapaho Road and U. S. 75. Two cars and two trucks are driving down one road. On the left of the road, there are houses; on the right, there is a construction site.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
[Arthur Miller Produce Loading Dock and Burt's Café]

[Arthur Miller Produce Loading Dock and Burt's Café]

Date: July 23, 1958
Creator: Dallas (Tex.)
Description: Photograph of the loading dock of Arthur Miller Produce. Parcels sit on the loading dock. In the distance is Burt's Cafe.
Contributing Partner: Dallas Municipal Archives
[Arthur Miller Produce Storefront]

[Arthur Miller Produce Storefront]

Date: July 28, 1959
Creator: Dallas (Tex.)
Description: Photograph of the Arthur Miller Produce storefront. Bundles sit next to the building. Burt's Cafe can be seen in the distance.
Contributing Partner: Dallas Municipal Archives
Austin Library (First Public Library)

Austin Library (First Public Library)

Date: 1950
Creator: Young, Moon
Description: Photograph of first public library in Cleveland built by Ms. Austin. It was about 1/2 block from the grammar school. Students would walk single file to check out books. Three sides of the Library were shelves of books. The only other item was a small desk and chair where the librarian worked.
Contributing Partner: Cleveland Historic Society
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST