You limited your search to:

  Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2010
[Photograph of Isidore Carb]

[Photograph of Isidore Carb]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Portrait of Isidore Carb (1852-1915) wearing a dark-colored suit, visible from the waist up. Carb, a cotton broker and real estate appraiser, was a Mississippi native who came to Fort Worth in 1882. He was one of the founding members of the Beth-El Congregation in 1902. The photograph is on a light-colored paper and attached to a dark mat board.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Beth-El Congregation Building Committee]

[Beth-El Congregation Building Committee]

Date: 1999
Creator: Schweitzer, Leonard
Description: Photograph of Beth-El's Building Committee. Four of the committee members are seated around a wooden table, the other four members are standing behind them. Handwritten notes on the back of the photograph say "Briarhaven Planning Committee" "from Len S. Construction book" and list the persons in the photo from left to right. Front row: Lynny Sankary, [Committee Chairman] Irwin Krauss, Judith Cohen, Billy Rosenthal Back row: Ken Baum, Rabbi Ralph Mecklenburger, Dr. Ira Hollander, Shelden Anisman.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Beth-El Congregation's First Synagogue]

[Beth-El Congregation's First Synagogue]

Date: 1915
Creator: The Jewish Monitor
Description: Photograph of Temple Beth-El, the first house of worship for Beth-El, Fort Worth's Reform Jewish congregation. It was a two-story, neo-classical synagogue constructed of wood and stucco. Above the columned entrance was a wooden Star of David, beneath which were the Hebrew words "Y'he Or," meaning "Let There Be Light." Handwritten notes on the back of the photograph say, "Beth-El Congregation's 1st synagogue; built 1908 @ 5th & Taylor Streets. Photo from The Jewish Monitor, 1915. Greek Revival Style, The Hebrew Lettering says: 'Let there be light.'"
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Interior of Beth-El Congregation Sanctuary]

[Interior of Beth-El Congregation Sanctuary]

Date: 2000
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph of the interior of the second house of worship for Fort Worth's Reform Jewish congregation after being remodeled in 1981. This image was taken with the main lights turned off to show the sanctuary's 72 Castelli fiberglass lights, which evoke the imagery of a flock of doves. The stained glass in the background dates to the 1948 remodeling.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Photograph of the Torah March]

[Photograph of the Torah March]

Date: August 13, 2000
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of congregation members from Temple Beth-El in Fort Worth, Texas during the Torah march. The Torah march was organized to carry the six handwritten Torah scrolls 7.5 miles from the synagogue at 207 W. Broadway Avenue to the new Temple Beth-El location at 4900 Briarhaven Road. In this image, a group of people are in Forest Park during part of the march. The three people in the foreground are Sandra free (chair of the event), Steven Ginsberg holding a Torah (covered by terry-cloth covers that are white with a blue Jewish star), and Jeanne Ginsberg. Some of the other 300 congregants who participated are visible in the background.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Floating Star, Interior of Beth-El Congregation Sanctuary]

[Floating Star, Interior of Beth-El Congregation Sanctuary]

Date: 1948
Creator: Joe Weisberg
Description: Photograph of the floating star which was suspended from the ceiling as part of the interior design of the sanctuary when Beth-El was rebuilt in 1948 after the 1946 fire. The interior designer was the Hungarian-American architect Erno Fabry.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Photograph of the Beth-El Synagogue]

[Photograph of the Beth-El Synagogue]

Date: 2000
Creator: Wilson, Ray
Description: Photograph of the east side of Beth-El Congregation's third synagogue located at 4900 Briarhaven Rd. in Fort Worth, Texas. This image was taken shortly after the congregation moved to this location in 2000 and it shows one side of the exterior including large windows near the roof. The building was designed by Fort Worth Architect David Stanford. It was constructed by DeMoss Co.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Photograph of the Exterior of Beth-El Temple]

[Photograph of the Exterior of Beth-El Temple]

Date: 2000
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the southwest corner exterior of Beth-El Congregation's third synagogue. The photo, taken shortly after the building was completed in 2000, shows the roof's copper color. There are also a few cars in the parking lot, and the lawn work is in progress. The building was designed by Fort Worth architect David Stanford. The contractor was the DeMoss Co.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Photograph of the Exterior Corner Detail of Beth-El Temple]

[Photograph of the Exterior Corner Detail of Beth-El Temple]

Date: 2000
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph is a detail of the exterior corner of Beth-El Congregation's third synagogue located at 4900 Briarhaven Rd., Fort Worth. The photo, taken shortly after the building was completed in 2000, includes close-up details of the light-colored limestone bricks and the underside of the roof with its original copper color.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Lion]

[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Lion]

Date: 1999
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph of a stained-glass window pane depicting a lion to represent Judah and his tribe of brave leaders. It is one of more than two dozen circular stained-glass discs created in 1947 for the sanctuary of Fort Worth's Temple Beth-El; most of the images were copied from a book on Jewish treasures to represent a collection of Judaica in miniature. This pane was transferred to a window in the Hall of Remembrance when Beth-El Congregation moved to 4900 Briarhaven Rd. in the summer of 2000.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST