You limited your search to:

 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2011
The Bell Sisters

The Bell Sisters

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Hermanas Bell (Bell Sisters), a sing-and-dance act that was a part of the Barnum and Bailey circus. The women are dressed in matching costumes consisting of shirts with tiered layers underneath floral vests. The shirts are tucked into floor length floral skirts and high-heeled shoes. Flowers are woven into their curled hair.
Contributing Partner: Witte Museum
Bilito in Graduation Dress

Bilito in Graduation Dress

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Bilito and Victoria posing with an unidentified woman the day of Bilito's graduation. Bilito is dressed in a commencement cap and gown, and has his arms linked with Victoria, who stands to his left.
Contributing Partner: Witte Museum
[Bowen-Grassbur School]

[Bowen-Grassbur School]

Date: 1920/1921
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a class from Bowen-Grassbur School. They are seated outside in front of a white building, and lined up in four rows. An accompanying note identifies the names of the students.
Contributing Partner: Collingsworth County Museum
[Boy in cart pulled by goat]

[Boy in cart pulled by goat]

Date: 1957
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a young boy in a parade. He is riding past a parking lot of cars in a small cart pulled by a goat.
Contributing Partner: Collingsworth County Museum
Boy Scout in Uniform

Boy Scout in Uniform

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a Boy Scout in full uniform. He rests on a stool against a floral patterned wall, wearing a single breasted jacket with several medals pinned to it, cap, pants, and lace-up boots. One foot rests on a piled rug while the other hangs in mid-air. A letter is inscribed in Spanish on the opposite side.
Contributing Partner: Witte Museum
Bridge at Puente de Mercedes

Bridge at Puente de Mercedes

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Mercedes Bridge. The bridge runs across a large body of water surrounded by foliage. The unadorned bridge is supported by square beams that extend into the river.
Contributing Partner: Witte Museum
[Buggy and two horses in parade]

[Buggy and two horses in parade]

Date: July 4, 1909
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a buggy and two horses during a 4th of July Parade. The individuals in the buggy are identified as Mr. and Mrs. Joiner, owners of the Livery Stable. Two girls on the left side of the photograph are seated on the other horses and dressed as Native Americans. The horses have banners across their backs that cover the tops of their heads. The Presbyterian Tabernacle can be seen in the background above the neck of the horse that is second from the left.
Contributing Partner: Collingsworth County Museum
Building a Fence

Building a Fence

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a woman building a fence of chicken wire around several posts in a back yard. The woman wears a jacket over a long dress and bonnet, in front of a two-story home surrounded by thin vegetation and sand. A hand-written note in Spanish on the back of the photograph reads "Mama is fixing a place for Chino, Bilito's Dog."
Contributing Partner: Witte Museum
[Business District]

[Business District]

Date: unknown
Creator: Mugg, Kilo
Description: Photograph of a street in a downtown business area with several horses and horse-drawn carts in the middle of a business-lined street while a large group walks down the right-hand side of the street. Several of the buildings along the street belong to a lumber company.
Contributing Partner: Wolf Creek Heritage Museum
[Cab driver William Whaley at the Dallas Police Department headquarters]

[Cab driver William Whaley at the Dallas Police Department headquarters]

Date: November 23, 1963
Creator: Dallas Times Herald
Description: Original black and white photographic negative taken by an unidentified Dallas Times Herald staff photographer. The image shows cab driver William Whaley at the Dallas Police Department headquarters on November 23, 1963. Whaley drove Lee Harvey Oswald from the Greyhound station in downtown Dallas to Oak Cliff shortly after the assassination.
Contributing Partner: The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza