The Sherman Daily Register
What's Inside this Collection.
The Sherman Daily Register began October 20, 1885 as an Independent publication, and continued through 1906. The paper was published each evening, except Sunday, for .75¢ per month. This daily newspaper included local, state and national news along with extensive advertising. During its 21 year run, the circulation fluctuated between 600 and 1,600, with the highest level of readership in 1906. The offices were located at 115 East Houston Street in the Sumner Building in Sherman, Texas. The paper's early proprietors were Moore & Sirpless. In 1898, Frank Reynolds became the publisher and it then became a Democratic newspaper. After the turn of the century, both Reynolds & Parker, Proprietors, took charge, working with editor J. F. Bowles. In 1906 the paper ceased publication.