Description: Slide of a long, presumably two-story, structure known as Mount Horeb Lodge. An inclined, metal roofing sits atop the blue-tinted stone structure with multiple, sequential double-hung windows. On the far right, a garage-type entry can be seen, fully opened. A narrow, dirt path leads up to a door on the far left of the structure. The State Historical Survey Committee has placed its name on the signpost in the foreground, inscribed in small print around the circle surrounding an image of the state of Texas. The line of text that follows reads: "Mount Horeb Lodge - Chartered Jan. 21, 1854; met in log schoolhouse. Erected own lodge hall 1856 on land given by grand master Sam Mather and B. K. Stewart, first floor used as church and school. A fire in 1915 razed hall. Lodge rebuilt here 1916 on land given by G. T. and W. J. Williams. (1967)"
Contributing Partner: Burnet County Historical Commission