Texas-Mexican Presbytery Records
What's Inside this Collection.
The Texas-Mexican Presbytery Records collection is presented by the Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary and includes a large range of photographs depicting church buildings, groups, and portraits.
The Texas-Mexican Presbytery was established by the Synod of Texas of the Presbyterian Church, U.S. in 1908, based on the missionary work of Walter S. Scott and Robert D. Campbell. These men organized and aided in the development of Mexican Presbyterian churches and religious education programs in Texas, particularly in the southwest region. These materials relate to the founding, organization, operation, and dissolution of the Texas-Mexican Presbytery of the Synod of Texas.