Date: March 29, 1947
Description: Photograph of a bus parallel parked on a dirt road in front of a small wood-slatted church. The bus, which has curtains on the inside of the windows, has large lettering on the side that reads, "Missouri Pacific Trailways", "A Service Institution", and "National Trailways Bus System". The church, which is in the background behind the bus, spans the entire image. It has a tall belfry that is cut off at the top of the image. A covered parking area is visible on the far left-hand side of the image. There are several power lines and poles also visible in the background. There is a handwritten note on the back of the image that reads, "Taft, [Taken at convention, 3-23-1947?]".
Contributing Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary