Date: March 29, 1947
Description: Photograph of a crowd of Hispanic church-goers standing in front of a church entrance. The crowd is made up of men, women, and children gathered into small, clustered groups. The church is a wood-slatted building with a row of windows on the right-hand side. It has a tall belfry that is attached to the open double-door entrance and cut off at the top edge of the image. A covered parking area is visible in the background on the far left-hand side of the image. There is a dirt road in the foreground with the back of a bus visible on the far left-hand side. There is a camera on a tripod also on the left in the foreground that is facing the church. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Taft - new blglg. [Taken at convention, 3-23-1947?]"
Contributing Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary