You limited your search to:

 County: McLennan County, TX
 Collection: Texas-Mexican Presbytery Records
[Reverend Standing in Front of a Church]
Photograph of a Hispanic man standing to the side in front of a church entrance. The man is wearing a suit and looking at the camera. There are several other men exiting the entrance, which is cut off on the left-hand side of the image. A small shed is visible in the background on the right. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Rev. Albert Luna at Presbytery 4/52 in Waco". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166217/
[Reverend Standing Behind a Podium]
Photograph of a Reverend standing behind a podium on a stage. Both the wall behind the Reverend and the ceiling are made of large tiles. There are two men sitting on either side of the Reverend in two of several wooden chairs. Several pots of flowers are assembled on the stage. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Waco- Dedication of annex. Rev. Thos B. Gallaher standing". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166210/
[Congregation of Gentlemen in Front of a Church Entrance]
Photograph of a congregation of gentlemen wearing suits and standing in a group for a portrait in front of a church entrance. The group spans the entire width of the image. The entrance in the background consists of a small covered porch with double-doors and two pillars that help support the roof above. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Presbytery - Waco April 1952". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166218/
[Front View of a One-Story Church]
Photograph of the entrance to a one-story church. The entrance, which is located on the right-hand side of the image, consists of a roofed archway over closed double-doors. There is a window on either side and a winding sidewalk leading to the foreground. The building continues along the left-hand side of the image from the entrance. There is a line of windows along this wall, which are partially hidden by the various bushes that line the building. There is a handwritten note in Spanish on the back of the photograph that translates to read, "Waco, Texas. Annex to the temple on the west side view. Mexican Presbyterian Church". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166214/
[Group of Gentlemen in Front of a Church Entrance]
Photograph of a congregation of gentlemen wearing suits and standing in a group for a portrait in front of a church entrance. The group and the entrance are on the right-hand side of the image. The entrance in the background consists of a small covered porch with double-doors and two pillars that help support the roof above. The building continues and is cut off by the edge on the left-hand side of the image. There is a line of windows on this wall. Several shrubs and bushes line the building. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Waco - Annex. At Presbytery meet 4/1952 1952". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166219/
[Group of Gentlemen Standing in Church Entrance]
Photograph of a group of gentlemen wearing suits and exiting a church. Several of the men are standing on the steps and the porch talking and visiting. Many are smiling or acknowledging the camera, and two men are standing together with their arms around each other. The building has at least three visible multi-pane windows around the entrance, and there are a couple of potted plants and bushes. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Presbytery - Waco April 1952". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166216/
[Side View of a Large Church Building]
Photograph of the side of a large church. The entrance of the church is on and facing the left-hand side of the image. The entrance is made up of a small porch with steps and two pillars that help support the roof above it. The side of the building, which faces the foreground, is lined with multi-pane windows. Some of the windows are partially covered by the large bushes and shrubs that line the building. There is a handwritten note in Spanish on the back of the photograph that translates to read, "Waco, Texas view of the temple on the south side Mexican Presbyterian Church". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166213/
[Large Group of Children Standing in Front of a Mission]
Photograph of a large group of mostly children standing in front of a Mission building for a group portrait. The children are dressed in semi-casual clothing. Most of the boys are wearing caps, and the girls are wearing light dresses. A large group of adults stand in the back rows. The two-story building behind them has a covered porch on the right-hand side of the image with a tall concrete fence around it. There are four visible signs at the front and side of the building, two of which are in Spanish and the other two in English. The two English signs read, "The Anna King Memorial Mission" and "Presbyterian Mission". The two signs in Spanish translate to read, "Presbyterian Mission" and "Enter through Salon". There are several windows on both levels and all sides of the building. The sidewalk in front of the building on which the crowd stands is raised from the dirt street in the foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166195/
[Two Women Presenting]
Photograph of two women standing on either side of a large board with writing on it. There is a title in Spanish at the top of the board that translates to read, "Organization of Women of the Church". The woman on the left-hand side of the image is looking at the camera and pointing at the board. Both of the women are wearing collared shirts, suit jackets, and matching skirts. There is an open curtain and a stage behind them in the background. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Waco, Tex. Mrs. S.C. Granados (left), 1950 Presbyterial President explains the reorganization at district meet. Chart is in Spanish. Mrs. Elena H. Guerrero, chrm. of 'Annuities and Relief' has just explained A. & R.". There are several random numerical markings below the note. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166197/
[Congregation of Women Singing]
Photograph of a congregation of women standing in church pews and singing. The women are all wearing long skirts and dresses and holding songbooks. There is a woman standing on the right-hand side of the image facing and leading the singers. Another younger singing woman stands next to her on the left-hand side, however her back is toward the congregation. Two open windows on the right-hand side of the image shed light on the singers. There is a double doorway in the background on the left-hand side of the image with one door opened to the outside. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Waco, Tex. 1950 All day District meet. Singing". There are also several numerical notes on the back of the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166198/
[Children's Bible School Group]
Photograph of a group of children and four adults posing for a group picture. The bible study group is outside in a grassy field. Several large trees are visible in the background. The girls are all wearing dresses and the boys are wearing collared shirts and trousers. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Daily Vacation Bible School Waco Met. Pres. ch. June 1930. Enrollment 46 (illegible) Mrs. Mamoquin in charge". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166196/
[Power Line Stretching Over the Entrance to a Church]
Photograph of the front entrance of a one-story church. The entrance consists of a small porch with steps leading up to closed double-doors. There is a pillar on either side of the porch that help support the roof overhead. There is a window on either side of the entrance. One side of the building, which is facing the right-hand side of the image, has five windows lined across it. The other side of the building is cut off by the edge of the image. There is a single power line that stretches diagonally across the image. There is a handwritten note in Spanish on the back of the photograph that translates to read, "Waco, Texas Temple Annex view of the west and south Mexican Presbyterian Church". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166215/
[Decorative Cobblestone Entrance of a Church]
Photograph of the decorative cobblestone entrance of a church. The entrance, which is in the center of the image, consists of closed double-doors and steps leading up to them. The entrance is partially hidden by the two large shaped bushes on either side. The building turns the corner and continues in the background on the right-hand side of the entrance. The wall visible in the background is lined with windows. Several voluptuous bushes and shrubs are visible around the property. There is a handwritten note in Spanish on the back of the photograph that translates to read, "Waco, Texas Front of the temple. Mexican Presbyterian Church". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166212/
[Side View of a Row of Stoves in a Kitchen]
Photograph of the side view of a row of stoves in a kitchen. The stoves, which are situated on the left-hand side of the image, have a total of eight burners on top. There is an opened door on the same wall in the background. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Waco, New kitchen 1951". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166211/
[Group of Hispanic Women Eating at a Table]
Photograph of a group of Hispanic women and girls sitting at a table and eating. The table is set with glasses, utensils, and plates of food. Several of the women and girls, who are wearing frilly dresses and sitting in fold-up chairs, are smiling at the camera. There is a young boy also sitting at the table and looking at the camera on the left-hand side of the image. There is a wall with windows and blinds on the right-hand side of the image, and a piano behind the diners in the background. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, " Waco - Those who prepared & served meals at Presbytery - April 1952". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166220/
[Side View of a Sanctuary Building]
Photograph of the side of a light-colored brick building with four large windows. The front of the building faces the left-hand side of the image. The entrance consists of a porch with steps leading up to it and a roof supported by two pillars. The side of the building is lined with bushy shrubs, and the foreground is made up of the grassy yard that surrounds the building. Power lines stretch across the image in the background behind the building. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Waco - Sanctuary". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166205/
[Group of Hispanic Women Sitting at a Table]
No Description texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166202/
[Hispanic Women Sitting in Church Pews]
Photograph of a group of women sitting in church pews and looking at the camera. The women are all wearing long skirts and dresses, and three women in the front row are holding purses. There is a woman standing in the open double doorway in the background on the right-hand side of the image. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "WACO - Women of the Church June 11, 1950". There are also several numerical markings under the note. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166201/
[Car Parked in Front of Two Church Buildings]
Photograph of a car parallel parked in front of two church buildings. Both of the buildings are light-colored brick, have covered porches, and have a line of windows at the side. There is a sidewalk in front of the buildings as well as several shaped bushes and shrubs. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Waco - Manse at night Entrance to annex at left". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166207/
[Family Standing in Front of an Entrance]
Photograph of a Hispanic family of five standing in front of an entrance to a building. The family consists of a Reverend, who is standing on the far right-hand side of the image, his wife, a young boy, another woman, and a young girl. The entrance in the background has three wide concrete steps and a large platform that lead to closed double-doors. There is a sidewalk that extends into the foreground, and multi-paned windows are on either side of the door. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Rev. Ismael Maldonado & family. Mrs. Cynthia, Ismael Jr., Ruby, Mr. M, June 11, 1950 Waco, Tex.". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166200/
[Young Girl Standing in Front of a Building]
Photograph of a young girl standing in front of the side of a building. The little girl is wearing a small white sundress. The side of the building has four large windows and one smaller window, as well as a steep shingled roof. There are various shrubs, bushes, and weeds surrounding the building. The front of the building is facing the right-hand side of the image. There is a covered porch with steps and two supporting pillars at the front of the building. There is a handwritten note on the back of the image that reads, "Waco - manse 1951 (Kathy Seddon)". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166208/
[Man Instructing a Large Group of Children for a Group Portrait]
Photograph of a large group of young women and children assembled for a group portrait. The group is in front of the corner of a large windowed building. The young women of the group are all wearing light skirts and blouses, and the boys are wearing collared shirts and trousers. A few teachers are standing amongst the group on the right-hand side of the image. There is a man crouched in front of the group on the far right-hand side of the image. There is a handwritten note on the back of the image that reads, "WACO S.S. 6-11-50". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166204/
[Front View of a Stage with Fold-Up Chairs]
Photograph of the front of a stage, which is in the background of the image, and several rows of fold-up chairs facing it. There is an aisle down the center of the room that leads to the front of the stage. The stage has a geometric border around is as well as curtains on either side. Part of a piano is visible on the right-hand side of the image. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Waco- interior of annex assembly room". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166209/
[Front of Church and Manse]
Photograph of the front of a lightly-colored brick church and manse. The church is situated on the far left-hand side of the image, while the manse sits next to it on the far right. Several shaped bushes and shrubs are planted in front of both buildings. There is a road in front of the buildings in the foreground of the image. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Waco - Church and manse". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166206/
[School Portrait of a Large Group of Children]
Photograph of a large group of young women and children assembled for a group portrait. The group is in front of the corner of a large windowed building. The young women of the group are all wearing light skirts and blouses, and the boys are wearing collared shirts and trousers. A few teachers are standing amongst the group on the right-hand side of the image. There is a handwritten note on the back of the image that reads, "WACO S.S. 6-11-50". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166203/
[A Presbyterian Chapel]
Photograph of the front of a small Presbyterian chapel. The chapel is a light-colored, wood slatted building with a double door entrance that protrudes from the main building. There is a tall belfry on top of the main entrance. On the left-hand side of the image, there are three visible windows at the side of the chapel. The building is situated on a dirt lot that extends to the foreground, and there is a broken fence that wraps around the property. There are various stamps on the back of the photograph, which is mounted onto a board with masking tape. There is also a typed note that reads, "(7.) The Sabinal, Tex. chapel of Mex. (illegible)". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166033/