You limited your search to:

 County: Dallas County, TX
 Decade: 1900-1909
 Year: 1906
 Collection: Texas History Collection
Beautiful Lake Cliff, clean, cool, delightful: the Southwest's greatest playground; it's in Dallas

Beautiful Lake Cliff, clean, cool, delightful: the Southwest's greatest playground; it's in Dallas

Date: 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: Booklet detailing the attractions and rides at Lake Cliff, including a Ferris Wheel, 30 acre lake, and water rides such as "Shoot the chutes." Discusses construction of the park and the managing officers.
Contributing Partner: Dallas Public Library
Citizens State Bank, Richardson, Texas

Citizens State Bank, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: Brick storefront, with curved corrugated metal awning. Three sets of double opening doors, with smaller glass panes above. "The Citizens State Bank" painted on one of the middle set of doors. Bill Stratton, age 6, and Newt Harris standing in and in front of right hand set of doors. Angled tall counter visible through the opened left pair of doors. Brick sidewalk in front, dirt street visible with double board walkway across. Written on back: Daddy, 6yrs ( Bill Stratton) & Uncle Newt Harris, 1906
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Parson Hanks---Fourteen Years in the West. A Story of Frontier Life in the Panhandle of Texas.

Parson Hanks---Fourteen Years in the West. A Story of Frontier Life in the Panhandle of Texas.

Date: 1906
Creator: Wallace, Ed. R.
Description: This book describes the life of Methodist preacher named Parson Hanks, including his journeys, courtship and marriage, experiences at conferences, religious service and other frontier experiences.
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
Post Office, Richardson, Texas

Post Office, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: Post card with photo of early Post Office. The structure is a small wood one story building with one door. In front are two women - one [Aunt Sarah Allen, third post master] seated in a rocking chair and one holding a baby - and a man. On the right side of the post office is a white picket fence. Other unidentified buildings are visible in the background. The ground immediately in front of the building is dirt, but grass and bushes are visible to the sides. Written on back: "Made in 1906", "Pearl Schults", "Please return to Mrs. Jake K. Stults", "donated by Grissom". Note with post card states "Aunt Sarah Allen third post master" with no explanation. Additional information: The first Post Office was established September 27, 1858. Before, mail was tossed into a barrel in the general store and residents picked out their own mail.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library