You limited your search to:

 County: Dallas County, TX
 Decade: 1920-1929
 Collection: Texas History Collection
Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1927, Richardson, Texas

Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1927, Richardson, Texas

Date: May 5, 1927
Creator: unknown
Description: Elevated view of Greenville Avenue, looking south, probably from Main Street. In the foreground, on the left, is the First United Presbyterian Church (originally the Trinity Congregation), with Polk St. behind it. The building was completed in 1910. One car is on Greenville Ave. A sidewalk runs along the right/west, side of Greenville Ave. In the background is Philips Street, with the Mount Calvary Baptist Church on the SE corner of the intersection, completed in 1886. The Richardson School building, opened in 1914, is on the SW corner. Greenville Avenue curves to the left/east at Philips. Numerous residences are also shown, as are utility poles.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Grissom Family Men, Richardson, Texas

Grissom Family Men, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1925 - 1935
Creator: unknown
Description: Four men standing outdoors. All are wearing dark trousers and white, long-sleeved shirts. From left to right, the first man wears glasses and a bow-tie, has a moustache, and is wearing sleeve garters. The other three wear long neck-ties. Pocket-watch chains are visible on the 3rd and 4th men. Behind them is an arbor or trellis with brushy growth on the top and on the right side. Additional information: The photograph is from the Grissom family collection, but no identification is available.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Main Street, Elevated View, Richardson, Texas

Main Street, Elevated View, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1927
Creator: unknown
Description: Elevated view of Main Street (Belt Line) from a water tower, looking southwest. The main commercial block has brick and wooden buildings, most with awnings, many with false fronts. Four cross streets are visible; Main Street curves off just at the right edge of the photograph. The railroad, with crossings signs, is in the horizontal center of the picture. Also visible are residences, a long storage/warehouse railroad structure to the left of Main Street and the Train Station to the right of Main Street. Automobiles are parked on the commercial block and are visible on Main Street. Plowed/cultivated fields and a few buildings are visible on the horizon.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
McKamy Springs, Richardson, Texas

McKamy Springs, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1920 - 1930
Creator: unknown
Description: Natural spring, with a stone and concrete structure built around and over it. A half-dome stone-trimmed 'grotto' covers the spring. A man-made canal channels the visible water. A plaque is set into a stone/cement low monument inside the canal. It reads: "The Yoiuane tribe of the Caddo group of Indians lived here as early as 1690 to 1840. They hunted buffalo and deer on the prairie. They used McKamy Spring as a watering place. It was from these friendly Tejas Indians that Texas got her name." The spring is located within a 2 acre park, called McKamy Spring Park, in south-east Richardson. Native people last known to have camped at the spring were of a Caddoan-speaking tribe. The Bowser family once owned the property, and then T. F. McKamy (1925-1927). Part of the old stagecoach route extending from Breckenridge ran near this site as well.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
[Minutes from Union Missionary Baptist Church Meeting, December 9, 1926]

[Minutes from Union Missionary Baptist Church Meeting, December 9, 1926]

Date: December 9, 1926
Creator: Union Missionary Baptist Church
Description: Minutes from a meeting at Union Missionary Baptist Church that notes decisions regarding mission offerings and withdrawing membership from people who leave the church.
Contributing Partner: Carrollton Public Library
[Plant of Sears, Roebuck & Co.]

[Plant of Sears, Roebuck & Co.]

Date: 1920
Creator: unknown
Description: Postcard of a drawing of the plant of Sears, Roebuck & Co. in Dallas, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Dallas Heritage Village
Revised List of Members of Union Missionary Baptist Church (1922)

Revised List of Members of Union Missionary Baptist Church (1922)

Date: 1922
Creator: Union Missionary Baptist Church
Description: Book containing a list of Union Missionary Baptist Church's members. Includes notes on where some members live.
Contributing Partner: Carrollton Public Library
[Sanger Harris Advertisment]

[Sanger Harris Advertisment]

Date: 1922
Creator: unknown
Description: Image of advertisment for Sanger Harris from the Daily Times Herald. The Sanger Harris building in downtown Dallas was renovated and became El Centro College.
Contributing Partner: Dallas County Community College District
Year book of the Dallas Architectural Club and catalogue of its first annual exhibition : held at the Jefferson Hotel, Dallas, February eleventh to eighteenth, 1922

Year book of the Dallas Architectural Club and catalogue of its first annual exhibition : held at the Jefferson Hotel, Dallas, February eleventh to eighteenth, 1922

Date: 1922
Creator: Dallas Architectural Club.
Description: The Yearbook of the Dallas Architectural Club and a catalogue of its first annual exhibition, held at the Jefferson Hotel, Dallas. Includes lists of the club's members, and many photos and illustrations of buildings designed by the members.
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries