You limited your search to:

  Partner: Richardson Public Library
 Collection: Texas History Collection
Children of Robert Fleming Campbell and Nancy Jane David Campbell, Richardson, Texas

Children of Robert Fleming Campbell and Nancy Jane David Campbell, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1880/1900
Creator: unknown
Description: Family portrait of three women and a man posing together. An older gentleman and woman are seated in the front and two women are standing behind them. Names are written on back in this order: "Lodemia Ann Campbell Routh, Serepta Ellen Campbell Routh, William LaFayette Campbell, Margaret Emma Campbell Stanley." Also written on back: "children of Robert Fleming Campbell (5/2/1804-11/18/1881) and Nancy Jane David Campbell 8/7/1801-11/29/1841 from Tennessee 1851"
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Citizens State Bank, Richardson, Texas

Citizens State Bank, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: Brick storefront, with curved corrugated metal awning. Three sets of double opening doors, with smaller glass panes above. "The Citizens State Bank" painted on one of the middle set of doors. Bill Stratton, age 6, and Newt Harris standing in and in front of right hand set of doors. Angled tall counter visible through the opened left pair of doors. Brick sidewalk in front, dirt street visible with double board walkway across. Written on back: Daddy, 6yrs ( Bill Stratton) & Uncle Newt Harris, 1906
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Cotton Gin "Old Red", Richardson, Texas

Cotton Gin "Old Red", Richardson, Texas

Date: 1900
Creator: unknown
Description: Cotton gin, two-story wooden frame building. Four 2-horsedrawn wagons containing cotton. 15 men visible. Telephone pole in foreground. Numerous outbuildings. Additional information: Telephone service in Richardson was established in 1900.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Country Store [Grocery], Richardson, Texas

Country Store [Grocery], Richardson, Texas

Date: 1953
Creator: unknown
Description: Fred [P] Winkler (owner), Morgan Gant, Billy Giles, James Tune, Clarence Hastedt and Tillman Jones, youths Ronny Clark and Jackie Fielder, all wearing aprons, standing in an aisle. Assortment of groceries, some brand names visible, on left and right. Written on back: Fred Winkler, Morgan Gant, Billy Giles, James Tune, Clarence Hastedt and Tillman Jones. 1953. (2 youths, Ronny Clark and Jackie Fielder, standing in front) all wearing aprons. Additional information: [Richardson 1959-1960 Directory, paid listing: COUNTRY STORE, Fresh Meats and Groceries, 100 East Main Street, Fred P. Winkler, Owner, Phone ADams 5-5351]
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Finis Ewing Allen Family and Residence, Richardson, Texas

Finis Ewing Allen Family and Residence, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1909
Creator: unknown
Description: Large, two-story wood clad residence with wrap-around roofed porch. The center section of the porch has a balcony porch on the 2nd floor. Two benches are visible on the porch; the foundation is skirted with brick; the porch steps are concrete. A small pied horse is standing in front of the porch. Four people are on the porch, a man standing, a boy standing, a man seated, and a woman standing partially behind him. Left to right: ALLEN, Robert Clint. Born Feb 1893. ALLEN, Cecil Butler. Born Sept 1899. ALLEN, Finis Ewing. Born 21 Apr 1857, Pettis Co MO; died 6 Jan 1918, Richardson TX. Allen, Lelia Ashby Butler. Born May 1862 KY. Robert Clint Allen, standing, wearing coat and hat;
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
First Christian Church, Richardson, Texas

First Christian Church, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1940/1958
Creator: unknown
Description: Wooden frame church, white clapboard siding. The middle section of the front (gable end) entends forward to form an entrance and upward to form a [bell?] tower. The double entrance door is covered with a decorative braced awning with a closed dormer. A sign over the door reads "First Christian Church." The roof is shingled, maybe wooden. A signpost is at the right edge of the picture, with the name of the church and the pastor's name. To the left of the main building is a lower building/annex with multiple doors and a side porch supported by posts. Trees are to the right and left of the mail building. Both buildings are surrounded by shrubs or low plants. The area is front of the building is paved. This photograph was probably taken at the location at Greenville Ave. and Polk St., Richardson, Texas. The church relocated to 601 E Main in April, 1958.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Floyd Inn location, Richardson, Texas

Floyd Inn location, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1973~
Creator: unknown
Description: Large open field. In the foreground is a grouping of seven trees, with some shrubs or saplings, all growing in grass/weeds. Only the center tree, the one closest to the foreground, is leafed. Behind is a large open space, with cultivated areas visible on the horizon. On the left of the horizon is a large building, with a taller domed portion, part of Restland Cemetery. The note on the back states that the tree was planted in 1856. The Floyd Inn served as a stop for the stage from Dallas to Denton.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Frances Way, east from Lois Lane, 1968, Richardson, Texas

Frances Way, east from Lois Lane, 1968, Richardson, Texas

Date: November 25, 1968
Creator: unknown
Description: Frances Way, 500 block, looking east from the intersection with Lois Lane. The street is paved, with curbs and sidewalks. Houses are on both sides of the street, those on the right/south are partially visible. Most houses have front driveways. Three cars are parked on the street, and 2 cars are in driveways. There are trees, utility poles, and lines. A fire hydrant is on the NE corner of the intersection.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1927, Richardson, Texas

Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1927, Richardson, Texas

Date: May 5, 1927
Creator: unknown
Description: Elevated view of Greenville Avenue, looking south, probably from Main Street. In the foreground, on the left, is the First United Presbyterian Church (originally the Trinity Congregation), with Polk St. behind it. The building was completed in 1910. One car is on Greenville Ave. A sidewalk runs along the right/west, side of Greenville Ave. In the background is Philips Street, with the Mount Calvary Baptist Church on the SE corner of the intersection, completed in 1886. The Richardson School building, opened in 1914, is on the SW corner. Greenville Avenue curves to the left/east at Philips. Numerous residences are also shown, as are utility poles.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1988, Richardson, Texas

Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1988, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: Elevated view, looking south, of Greenville Avenue starting from the Main Street intersection. On the near left/east is the Exterior Rolling Shutter Co. building, with an "L" shaped retail building behind, facing south and west. The spires of the First Baptist Church at Philips and Greenville are visible. On the right/west side of the street is the Din Hao Market, P&R Auto Supply, houses and trees. In the back, on the right, is the RISD Administration building and the large bus barn. On the horizon, from left to right, are the Abrams Centre building, built in 1982, downtown Dallas, and buildings along Central Expressway.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library